Author Topic: Pricing Game One-Offs  (Read 855 times)

mechamind and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Pricing Game One-Offs
« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:05:22 AM »
That could be doable; for example, if the eight cards going around were 21, 235, 19, 229, 20, 257, 18, and 247, then the eight possible prices would be $21235, $24721, $18247, $25718, $20257, $22920, $19229, and $23519.  That would actually be pretty hard with those numbers--like 5 Price Tags but with 8 possibilities and only one choice.  It could be eased up with some more obviously wrong ones or a greater spread.

I feel like with eight possible choices, and them all being fairly close to each other (unless you have some very obvious incorrect amounts), it might be better to use it for Dream Car Week for a six digit car.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Pricing Game One-Offs
« Reply #16 on: Today at 11:39:54 AM »
Punch a Bunch, but once a slip is revealed, if the contestant has additional punched holes not revealed yet, have a 3rd option to “gamble.”  If the “gamble” option is selected, the next hole punched is revealed: if it matches the 1st slip in dollar amount, the initial slip is multiplied by 10, and the contestant is given the option whether to gamble again, keep the money, or give both back and move on to the next hole.  If it doesn’t match, the contestant earns nothing.  (If there are additional punches earned, the contestant automatically moves on to the next hole.  If they gambled and lost on their last hole punched, they lose the game.)
Aside from (in my opinion) making the game unnecessarily complicated, even for a one-off, there is the question of whether the highest value on the board (whatever that would be) would have multiple slips or the standard one.

In either scenario, however, the gamble has the potential to create bad television -- as one example, imagine a contestant gambles and the next hole contains a (or the) largest-value slip.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:01:17 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.