Author Topic: The Price is Right At Night Airdates and Themes  (Read 16895 times)

Offline ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
Re: The Price is Right At Night Airdates and Themes
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2023, 05:09:41 PM »
I've been wondering how Ghosts UK will go. Will they butcher the 28 minute episodes to get them down to the 20 minutes that CBS allows for actual show content in a half hour timeslot, or run them in 45 minute slots?
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2023, 07:47:16 PM »
I've been wondering how Ghosts UK will go. Will they butcher the 28 minute episodes to get them down to the 20 minutes that CBS allows for actual show content in a half hour timeslot, or run them in 45 minute slots?

Or run 3 episodes back-to-back and fill a 2-hour block (since that would be 84 minutes, equal to 21 per 1/2 hour).  Not quite at 20, but not much off either :)

Offline Blissey

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2023, 01:47:10 AM »
The TPIRAN episode scheduled for November 6th at 8 PM EST has been pulled from the schedule following the apparent cancellation of the low-rated 'Loteria Loca" and the decision to run "NCIS" repeats on the entire night's schedule.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/loteria-loca-pulled-cbs-ncis-repeats-ncis-sydney-premiere-1235589210/

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2023, 12:30:46 PM »
It's a shame that Lotería Loca was pulled. It was a fun show that hadn't quite found its stable footing. It's a better concept than Raid the Cage. I haven't brought myself to actually watch an episode of that yet.
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend

Offline gameshowrecaps

• In the Audience
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2023, 03:47:37 PM »
Deadline does mention its uncertain what will happen to that Price is Right at Night episode (it was a rerun anyways). It is slated to still return on December 4th with a new episode.

They are rerunning the Service Workers episode on December 1st (Friday) at 8/7c.

Offline Blissey

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2023, 05:23:35 PM »
Deadline does mention its uncertain what will happen to that Price is Right at Night episode (it was a rerun anyways).

Yeah, I found that out right after I posted.

Offline gameshowrecaps

• In the Audience
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2023, 05:34:01 PM »
On another note, OCA has a primetime taping listed for January 3rd.

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2023, 10:30:14 AM »
On Camera Audiences shows that 2 primetime specials will tape next Thursday, Friday, the 27th and 28th all at 8:00 & 12:00.

Offline gameshowrecaps

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2023, 02:14:17 PM »
There is also 2 for January 3rd. Seems like we're gonna have a busy winter season for game shows on CBS.

Online pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2023, 07:43:37 PM »
There is also 2 for January 3rd. Seems like we're gonna have a busy winter season for game shows on CBS.

These could be for the Grammys and the Super Bowl, both to be broadcast on CBS in February. Now that the SAG-AFTRA strike is over, this could be it as next spring should be back to normal primetime programming.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2023, 10:02:13 PM »
These could be for the Grammys and the Super Bowl, both to be broadcast on CBS in February. Now that the SAG-AFTRA strike is over, this could be it as next spring should be back to normal primetime programming.
Not that they couldn't do primetime specials the Friday beforehand, but those would probably more than likely be daytime specials on those Fridays.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2023, 08:03:07 PM »
If past years CBS has covered the Super Bowl and Price has done a special are any indication, any Super Bowl special (daytime or primetime) would probably tape in late January during the two week period between Championship Sunday and the Super Bowl. This way references can be made to the teams competing.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline gameshowrecaps

• In the Audience
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2023, 05:05:48 PM »
A primetime show will air on January 3rd that taped today will have a theme of "Jackpot January" via Discord.

Offline bonkers77

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2023, 04:33:36 AM »
Next Primetime show:

dec 4
dec 5
dec 7
dec 8
dec 18
jan 3

it's right?

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2023, 10:52:02 AM »
Seems pretty logical for where they’re likely to be looking for some schedule filler…or more schedule filler, since that’s been the name of the game since fall.

Presumably they’ll have some of the usual holiday type specials to plug in elsewhere, and some series repeats to round out the spackle job.