Author Topic: Price is Right Episodes That Will Certainly Never Be Broadcast Again  (Read 6258 times)

Offline furneralcar47

• 10/24/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • HELLO MAMA BEV!
Re: Price is Right Episodes That Will Certainly Never Be Broadcast Again
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2023, 10:09:04 PM »
Okay,

Speaking as Proud Black Man 1st and a TPIR Alumnus (10-24-2023) I am beyond offended, ashamed and disgusted.

Even the Showcase Contestant Marcy was looking like WTH.

TPIR should been censored for airing this showcase skit.

Especially with the “slave” in chains and a boat being offered as a showcase prize.

Offline furneralcar47

• 10/24/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • HELLO MAMA BEV!
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2023, 10:11:48 PM »
Joseph
420, 777, lots of 69s, two million...

Pretty please with sugar on top PLEASE do not air that individual or his appearance on TPIR ever again on television, the internet channel, the social media platforms.  Nowhere forever please.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2023, 10:40:38 PM »
I know that it was a different time back then, but how on earth did that get past the network executives even back in 1984? That genuinely makes the Drewcases look like Emmy material in comparison.

Online Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 10:48:16 PM »
Pretty please with sugar on top PLEASE do not air that individual or his appearance on TPIR ever again on television, the internet channel, the social media platforms.  Nowhere forever please.
I think it's safe to say we won't see it on TV or streaming again; it got brought up in this thread for a reason. It is available on YouTube in full, however.

I know that it was a different time back then, but how on earth did that get past the network executives even back in 1984? That genuinely makes the Drewcases look like Emmy material in comparison.
Plain inexcusable on the producers and CBS for giving that the thumbs up. And it had to be on the debut of One Away, no less...
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2023, 11:11:47 PM »
My only guess is they thought because it was 'ancient Rome' they could get away with it. No matter which way you look at it, it was in poor taste.

The actual retail price is...

Offline rowlande

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2023, 09:09:32 AM »
The very early episodes of the show. When fur coats were offered as prizes you will never see those episodes rerun ever

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2023, 02:06:19 PM »
The very early episodes of the show. When fur coats were offered as prizes you will never see those episodes rerun ever

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think we'll have to see what happens regarding Bob's will--if he really did include a clause in there that the episodes never be rerun (as has long been speculated), then we can be sure.

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2023, 02:31:20 PM »
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think we'll have to see what happens regarding Bob's will--if he really did include a clause in there that the episodes never be rerun (as has long been speculated), then we can be sure.

Such rumors, such as they’re things people are making up if they exist at all, are legally baseless.

Bob didn’t own the show and therefore a will can’t cover anything related to past episodes of the show. His will would have no contractual binding over what the owners (Fremantle) could and couldn’t do with it unless Fremantle signed some in perpetuity contract with Bob while he was alive, which I strongly doubt. This would be akin to my saying no one can drive over the Golden Gate Bridge anymore in my will. I can put it in but it has no binding since I don’t own it.

Now postmortem right of publicity is a different matter but that usually applies to using a celebrity’s likeness after death to generate revenue, like in an ad campaign.

Now when Bob was EP he could sway what happened to the show in his capacity as a producer but that’s another matter entirely.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 02:45:45 PM by C8 »

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2023, 12:15:24 PM »
The Drewcase Era, or as I call it "The Drewcase Error." Talk about growing pains.

Don't mean to chime in like an otaku here, but if they only ever air a select few episodes of season 37 because of the issues the season had, I would hope one of those episodes includes an exception for the "Drewcase" on the Election Day 2008 episode (11/4/08), which contained the "One Week" showcase (which showed Rachel dressed in a - albeit, poorly colored - Sailor Moon costume).

That said, however, from my understanding, it was said that the s37 episode that had Jack Wagner (03/06/09) was slapped with the "do not reair" label due to how extremely negative the episode was reviewed... I cannot confirm that for myself, however, but it would be understandable if this episode never airs again.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 01:21:38 PM by whowouldeverhurtawhammy »
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2023, 01:04:52 AM »
That episode with the two d-bags in the front row.  Wearing "Two In The Plinko One In The Stinko" shirts.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2023, 10:55:59 PM »
I would guess S36 also may not ever reair, since Pluto TV skipped it along with season 37 on its Drew era channel.

Drew era channel?

I thought they only showed Barker era episodes? What season is Pluto TV up to at this time (November 18, 2023?) Thanks!

Joe

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2023, 10:57:22 PM »
Most of the things on this list are things I think we're probably overreacting to, but you really do have to wonder how the hell this ever got on the air.

I heard of this, but never saw it. Is it on YouTube?

Joe

PS. Just saw the clip above. Shows how times have changed, but even in 1984, that should not have been approved. I never want to see the 'Fried Chicken" showcase ever again! That was the worst in the show's history!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 11:06:58 PM by MrPlinko »

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2023, 12:23:20 AM »
It seemed like even the audience realized how poor an idea this was; you can hear some of them audibly gasp when Johnny reveals the theme.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2023, 12:59:12 PM »
Drew era channel?

I thought they only showed Barker era episodes? What season is Pluto TV up to at this time (November 18, 2023?) Thanks!

Joe
Yes, there is a separate Drew era channel now in addition to the Barker era channel. They are in season 39 as of the last time I watched.

Offline LarryC

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2023, 06:58:00 PM »
Such rumors, such as they’re things people are making up if they exist at all, are legally baseless.

Bob didn’t own the show and therefore a will can’t cover anything related to past episodes of the show. His will would have no contractual binding over what the owners (Fremantle) could and couldn’t do with it unless Fremantle signed some in perpetuity contract with Bob while he was alive, which I strongly doubt.

Next week, when Pluto unleashes those 60 episodes from 1972, I'll bet that none of them have a fur coat in them.  Since they're already saying "Some episodes will be skipped due to content," I'd be very surprised if we see a fur. 

Yes, it's ridiculous to withhold the fur episodes IMO.  Yes, Pluto needs to suck it up and air fur episodes IMO.  But I can imagine somebody getting paid today to draft a comment along the lines of "We want to preserve Bob's memory, so we're going to pretend the fur episodes never existed."