Author Topic: Confused about Season 52 daytime schedule  (Read 1241 times)

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
Confused about Season 52 daytime schedule
« on: November 23, 2023, 06:00:56 PM »
This Thanksgiving week, we had episodes for the last three days. However, my Direct TV guide shows that there's a new episode airing tomorrow morning. This is supposed to be a repeat or pre-empted, correct? Maybe CBS made a mistake by accident?

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Confused about Season 52 daytime schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 06:10:50 PM »
Perhaps it’s the unaired 0102L from last season?
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 06:39:05 PM »
^That is indeed the working theory on the Discord server.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 08:24:13 PM »
This Thanksgiving week, we had episodes for the last three days. However, my Direct TV guide shows that there's a new episode airing tomorrow morning. This is supposed to be a repeat or pre-empted, correct? Maybe CBS made a mistake by accident?
You must be in the east because the west has college football from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. It seems odd that they would air a new episode on a day where the schedule isn’t clear in the morning for both coasts.

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 08:56:22 PM »
You must be in the east because the west has college football from 9 AM to 4:30 PM. It seems odd that they would air a new episode on a day where the schedule isn’t clear in the morning for both coasts.
Yes, I do. Wilmington Delaware gets Price off of KYW Philly.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 08:58:17 PM »
It seems odd that they would air a new episode on a day where the schedule isn’t clear in the morning for both coasts.

Theory is they're intentionally trying to bury this episode for whatever reason by putting it on a holiday weekend where the least number of people will see it. It didn't even air during rerun season last summer, where it would have made the most sense to put an episode with the pods and bearded Drew.

We don't know why the episode's been delayed for so long. The only thing that seems to make sense is "a trip to a location in the news for something negative".
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2023, 12:00:10 PM »
Trips to Turkey and Maui. The former was the reason for the initial bump, and the latter bumped it again.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore