Author Topic: Games in the new studio  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
Games in the new studio
« on: November 22, 2023, 05:46:33 PM »
Has anyone been keeping a list of all of the active games that have so far been played in the new studio? Was Three Strikes this week the last to appear, or am I overlooking something?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Games in the new studio
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 05:47:19 PM »
Well, as far as I know, Pay the rent has yet to be played. Whether it's still active remains to be seen

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 06:04:51 PM »
According to the tracking I have been doing, Pay the Rent is the only pricing game from season 51 that has not yet been played during season 52 daytime.  I suspect it and 3 Strikes would be the last 2 due to the large set pieces and still getting "move in" to the new studio.

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 12:44:33 PM »
Has anyone been keeping a list of all of the active games that have so far been played in the new studio? Was Three Strikes this week the last to appear, or am I overlooking something?

I'm also curious to know if the active games from S51 made it to Haven. I've missed a handful of episodes from a spotty over the air DVR, so apologies if I've missed it, but I haven't seen Danger Price yet. Has it been played?

(Judging from the lack of space behind Door 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it requires a retooling to fit.)
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 01:31:24 PM »
I'm also curious to know if the active games from S51 made it to Haven. I've missed a handful of episodes from a spotty over the air DVR, so apologies if I've missed it, but I haven't seen Danger Price yet. Has it been played?

It was just played two days ago.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 06:33:11 PM »
Dang! What a day for my DVR to be on the blink! I'll see if I can get it on CBS.com, then. Thanks for the tip!
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend

Offline MeowthRocket

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2023, 07:04:57 PM »
According to the tracking I have been doing, Pay the Rent is the only pricing game from season 51 that has not yet been played during season 52 daytime.  I suspect it and 3 Strikes would be the last 2 due to the large set pieces and still getting "move in" to the new studio.
3 Strikes was shown on a recent episode.

Offline furneralcar47

• 10/24/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • HELLO MAMA BEV!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 02:53:40 PM »
All the active games have seemed to be played so far in Glendale.

However, many if not all of the games have seen to have gotten a touch up, repaint of some type.

Or maybe itís the new cameras, lighting.

Slightly off topic:  The show sent me luggage that was from the same manufacturer BUT was in my fraternity colors.  Iím a proud member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.

That me seem small to others but this shows that the powers that be really pay attention to the smallest details about the contestants.

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 10:35:02 AM »
All the active games have seemed to be played so far in Glendale.

However, many if not all of the games have seen to have gotten a touch up, repaint of some type.

Or maybe itís the new cameras, lighting.

There is definitely a difference in the cameras used at Haven. All incandescent displays look more yellow than they did before and when the LED accent lights 'breathe', the brighter parts of the lights are digitally noticeable. They did spend time upgrading the display lighting on "It's in the Bag" to LED (from neon), so they have been maintaining the games.