Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Bob Boden's Garage

(1/4) > >>

sideshowPA:
Courtesy of Mark Thompson - how many Price-related items can you spot?
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ura9I_fPfJY

thatvhstapeguy:
The Showcase podiums! Bee cards! The Any Number board! Also looks like there's a big column of Any Number prize cards in the back corner.
The Jeopardy! photo in the print ad at 10:15 doesn't match the circulating 1984 pilot, indicating they recorded at least two.

pannoni1:
I also spy a Grocery Game card, a Switcheroo number, a Barker's Markers mark, a Swap Meet tag, a Clearance Sale sale price tag, a Five Price Tags display (apparently the ones used on the show now are just replicas of the originals), and notes from Mark Goodson. Still, it will be cool to see this at that Strong Museum of Play someday, and there's also TWO generations of Showcase podiums present.

actual_retail_tice:
Just a random thought...are the Switcheroo cubes and the dice from Dice Game the same things with different stuff pasted on them?

MSTieScott:

--- Quote from: actual_retail_tice on November 29, 2023, 03:21:25 PM ---Just a random thought...are the Switcheroo cubes and the dice from Dice Game the same things with different stuff pasted on them?

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure that's never been the case. When Switcheroo switched from Helvetica to Dom Casual, it was possible to still see the outlines of the old numbers on the painted-over blocks. Granted, I don't know whether those were the originals, but I can't imagine the show repurposing dice into Switcheroo blocks (or vice versa). And in all of the Dice Game dice I've seen, the pips were indentations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version