Author Topic: Bob Boden's Garage  (Read 2830 times)

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Bob Boden's Garage
« on: November 26, 2023, 12:25:53 PM »
Courtesy of Mark Thompson - how many Price-related items can you spot?
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
Re: Bob Boden's Garage
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 02:09:54 PM »
The Showcase podiums! Bee cards! The Any Number board! Also looks like there's a big column of Any Number prize cards in the back corner.
The Jeopardy! photo in the print ad at 10:15 doesn't match the circulating 1984 pilot, indicating they recorded at least two.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 02:46:54 PM »
I also spy a Grocery Game card, a Switcheroo number, a Barker's Markers mark, a Swap Meet tag, a Clearance Sale sale price tag, a Five Price Tags display (apparently the ones used on the show now are just replicas of the originals), and notes from Mark Goodson. Still, it will be cool to see this at that Strong Museum of Play someday, and there's also TWO generations of Showcase podiums present.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 03:21:25 PM »
Just a random thought...are the Switcheroo cubes and the dice from Dice Game the same things with different stuff pasted on them?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 12:01:33 AM »
Just a random thought...are the Switcheroo cubes and the dice from Dice Game the same things with different stuff pasted on them?

I'm pretty sure that's never been the case. When Switcheroo switched from Helvetica to Dom Casual, it was possible to still see the outlines of the old numbers on the painted-over blocks. Granted, I don't know whether those were the originals, but I can't imagine the show repurposing dice into Switcheroo blocks (or vice versa). And in all of the Dice Game dice I've seen, the pips were indentations.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Mark

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 06:46:11 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Bob Boden have the Superball game?

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 07:08:16 AM »
Yep. Specifically the skee-ball ramp.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline LFAT since diapers

• 11/20/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2023, 04:53:09 PM »
you could have a marvelous museum with the goodson-todman relics alone

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 02:57:12 AM »
this is like the I Spy game books from my childhood. (my parents got me the Christmas one) I saw the spelling bees 'buzz buzz'. any number a green price is right sign in a sign that had Bob's name on. in a unrelated note a photo of Alex Trebek in a moustache and afro in the background. (around 3 1/2 minutes, time possibly off since I screenshot it) before the zoom in at around 10 minutes. (I wrote these as they were happening) Bill Collins from the original version was there too.

seriously a I Spy knock off would be an interesting gift for the museum gift shop. (I Spy game show basement edition) I see someone found Kan Jennings parking pass he lost. (oh wait he was lost in the parking lot. he mentioned it last month during contestant interviews) Most outrageous gameshow moment is out there. I love how right below his message for the Guinness book of world records he has some message about giving someone the copy of Twin Peaks. in the last shot the dice for the dice game were there. (at least I think it's from now on when they were a few games with jumbo dice in the game world) these will definitely be cool in the museum though there is something to see his passion about them even in video.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 05:20:12 AM »
Bill Collins from the original version was there too.

"Bill Collins?"  Really?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 10:03:03 AM »
I also note "Kan Jennings".
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2023, 12:23:52 AM »
"Bill Collins?"  Really?
it was more to talk about the diversity of the collection and out of shock. about my knowledge about the original yes the original was very slow, but it was decent Saturday morning breakfast viewing before I got a DVR.

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2023, 12:59:31 AM »
I think Steve was referring to how you misspelled Bill's last name (Cullen, not Collins).

Icon by Siahri!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2023, 01:00:32 AM »
I think Steve was referring to how you misspelled Bill's last name (Cullen, not Collins).

He was, yes.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2023, 11:23:09 PM »
He was, yes.

oops ,voice dictation does it again.