Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2007  (Read 48392 times)

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2007
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:02 PM »
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone!

I have plenty of stories to tell, things no one knows, and I can't wait to follow up on.  Stay tuned!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 11:36:33 PM »
Good to have you with us, Craig... although I'm not sure how John will feel about your username. :lol:

You played the game well, though. As long as you play it the way it should be played, it's just not possible to lose.

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 11:47:29 PM »

MrDeePay wrote:

On another note, what still with people trying out values over $999 in Clock Game.  Today's playing wasn't bad, but still.

Honestly, I didn't realize it until I got home and did some research.  I remember back in the 80s they tried offering prizes above 1k with bad results.  Hard to think being on stage with no sleep, caffeine, and all that excitement and adrenaline pumping.  Story to follow in another message...

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »

ClockGameCraig wrote:
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone!

I have plenty of stories to tell, things no one knows, and I can't wait to follow up on.  Stay tuned!

Welcome to the site, Craig.  We are always glad to award Gold Stars to more and more members.

Please feel free to share your entire experience with us!
John

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 11:52:08 PM »

ClockGameCraig wrote:

MrDeePay wrote:

On another note, what still with people trying out values over $999 in Clock Game.  Today's playing wasn't bad, but still.

Honestly, I didn't realize it until I got home and did some research.  I remember back in the 80s they tried offering prizes above 1k with bad results.  Hard to think being on stage with no sleep, caffeine, and all that excitement and adrenaline pumping.  Story to follow in another message...

Man, don't sweat that at all.  As long as you know what you're doing, that's no problem at all.  It's not like Ten Chances or something, where bad guesses actually hurt your chances of winning.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 11:57:53 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:

I have to wonder if Craig and Dominic are brothers separated at birth.  They certainly acted like one another onstage...and Dominic's reaction to the piano was just priceless.

LOL!  It's funny you should mention that, we definitely spent time hanging out and talking while waiting in the lines for processing.

I figured he would be on the show, and of course Shirley who I thought was going to kill me with her you-know-whats running towards me and a death-grip!

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2007, 12:20:57 AM »
Ok, here's how I got on the show!

I woke up Sunday morning early, dont know why, but I was thinking "Has Bob's final show taped yet?  It must have".   I then saw that it hadn't, and that some people online could not go to the Tue taping and were offering their tickets.   I contacted a guy in LA and drove to work on Mon with my bags packed.  I then drive to LA that night from Phoenix, got in about 11pm, met this guy Logan at a gas station to pick up the tickets.  I then drove to Hollywood, dropped stuff off at the Super 8 and then got in line at about 1am.  There were about 150-200 in line, some just for Wed, and some for Tue & Wed.  I was in line next to 3 guys from Wisconsin (Mike, Tyler, and sorry forgot the 3rd).  These guys were cool, they left DURING their HS graduation ceremony to catch a flight to LA.  (All of my folks and relatives are from Wisconsin, too.)  Another wonderful woman, Natalie, is a front desk clerk for Delta in Atlanta, who just jumped on a plane and got in line WITH NO TICKETS. Luckily, those awesome guys had a 4th ticket for her.

After 5 hours of talking about TPIR, memories, games, strategy, we got our wristbands, eventually made inside for processing.

I don't think I stopped smiling from the moment I got in line and felt the energy and wanted to pump everyone up.  I asked questions for the pages, Chuck, Sharlee (sp?), Joe, Marc, and the rest were ALL COMPLETELY AWESOME!  They have interesting stories to tell and I enjoyed who they kept us entertained.  Chuck is outstanding!  Kudos to CBS, they really run a fantastic experience and care for the fans.

Anyhow, mind you I hadn't had but 10 hours of sleep since Fri night because I worked all weekend unknowing that I was going to be doing all of this.  The only thing keeping me awake were these great people in line, the energy in the air, and lots of water and caffeine.  I could hardly eat.

The interview with the producers went well, there were 3 there.  I think I was fortunate that the others in my group of ten were very nice people, but did not have near the level of energy I was somehow digging up.  I actually thought I had blown it by saying something wrong, but I sincerely thanked them for what they do each and every day.

The exceitement builds, we wait to get in... and I do NOTHING BUT HOOT AND HOLLAR all the way in.  Then, we entered the studio.   Honestly, I was in complete awe!  I just about cried because all the years I've watched the show and I just realized I was really there to see it, and see Bob before he retires.  That, in itself, was more than satisfying.

Once we were all in, the boogie dance music started, and I jumped up and started getting my groove on!  LOL.  I motioned for everyone around me to join in, and just exclaimed how awesome it was to be there!  It was right about then I looked to my left and saw one of the producers STARING RIGHT AT ME.  I suddenly realized that someone in our row was going to be on.

Next thing I know, Rich entertained us and then the show starts... I see the first name cue-card drop, AND THERE IS MY NAME!   I leaped out of my chair and screamed "OH MY GOD", and was then patted, pushed, and shoved out to the aisle.  I suddenly realized by the screams how many people were supporting.  I was breathless, the rest of the first 4 joined down on contestant's row, and we all hugged and jumped up and down in a circle -- ENTER BOB -- ALl I could think is, "This HAS to be a dream, I cannot believe I am actually here!"

more on the games and story next...

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 12:33:27 AM »
Triple Play seemed to be set up so easy to me... it's a real shame it wasn't won.

I fully expected Grand Game to be played tomorrow, which is why I was surprised to see it today... but it was good to see it won.

It was a total shock to see that Lincoln in the second showcase, and even more surprising that she won it.

It's hard to believe that Bob's final episode is almost here... I hope for a great show tomorrow, and I have a feeling we're going to get one.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 12:53:45 AM »
This'll sound weird, but I was kind of disappointed not to see Joker 6th. I'm not such a big fan of the game, but it hasn't been played since March, and I think it deserved one more airing before Bob steps out.

I was hoping for one more rousing game of Ten Chances before Bob's last season was out, too, but the possibilities aren't looking good for that, either.

That aside, today's show set the bar pretty high if tomorrow's is meant to top it. Bob's last playing of Clock Game, thanks to Craig, was near-perfection, and later a clean sweep in Money Game for a nice car, plus a win in Grand Game and all-around a great selection of contestants.

To top it all off, there was that second showcase. When I finally found my jaw it was right next to the cell phone I thought I lost 3 months ago, and covered in dust bunnies. I might've seen that coming if that were on tomorrow's show but today it left me gobsmacked.

Of all games, why would Roger have set up Eazy to be lost? It's not as if it was an expensive playing.

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 01:03:14 AM »
Now the game starts.  We bid on the pool table and Carleen gets to play Triple Play.   We were ALL chanting and screaming the second digit of each price.  The entire audience wanted her to pick 22, unfortunately, she did not win.

I then looked off to the left, because I know from TV that they have a list of the games they are going to be playing.  I actually did not want to play the Clock Game.  I know the prizes are usually small, but it is usually a guarantee win if you know how to play it.  I thought abotu Grand Game, but worried that one product would ruin that, and mor worried that I may not make it up by that time in the second half, not wanting to play Easy Az 123, or Coming or Going, that I would have to risk playing Money Game.

So, I decided to just get up ASAP.  I knew everyone overbid the skates.  Funny thing should be mentioned that I was talking about skates in the line and knew they were about $850 (which this was $810 + $40 creme).  I heard the cries of my new friends in the audience and just had to bid the dollar.  (I actually wanted to bid $22, my favorite number, but forgot, may have gotten a historic moment out of Bob.  Now, I wish I had bid $35 for 35 years but man, that could have could have caused tears, I'm sure)

I love to rollerblade, ski, and been ice skating.  Now, I have all new equipment!

I also love the co-product placements btw.  I just get a kick out of the skin creme with the skating equipment.  (My all-time favorite was the string of 3 one episode when there was painkiller with the motorcycles, I think bug spray with the picnic equipment, and I about lost it when they had Drain-O with the inflatable kayak!)

Anyway, up I go, and open the door for prizes.  A portable spa and sofa.  (I tried to keep the best smile going) First all, everyone should know that I already own a spa.  HOWEVER, I volunteer for a Children's Cancer Camp for the past 5 years and we have always joked about getting a spa for camp.  NOW WE HAVE ONE!

Second, I do not have a sofa for my living room.  I have been really busy/lazy to order one.  This sofa will go perfect in that room, with an Egyptian theme I am going for.

Third, $1000 is just some nice icing on the cake.

It didn't even occur to me that both prizes would be under $1000.  Had I known that, I could have started both bids at $900 and worked from there, and had 12 sec total or something.  But, in all the excitment, I knoew I could start high and work around.  And man, on NO SLEEP, CAFFEINE, the CROWD, and BOB, I was genuinely excited to just play and win.  By the way, another lady, Bridgett, next in line to me, LOVES the Clock Game.

Grand Game = CAKEWALK.  We all chanted the products down the line for her.

The place was on fire.  Electricity was in the air.

Signing papers, cheering for contestants, time to spin the wheel for the Showcase Showdown.  It's heavy, but so is the one on Wheel of Fortune.  So, I told Carleen and Shirley that they had better give it a good spin, I don't want anyone booing us on this fine second-to-last Bob show.

I honestly left it up to lady luck.  I spun hard and prayed harder.  Nearly got 95 and 85 cents.  But, 50.  I then knew to spin in lighter because the same spin would have kept me too high of value possibly.  I left the rest to luck and pure joy.

Easy az 123 = BAD ROGER!   We were all upset about that seemingly gold-plated luggage.  Someone at work actually got that one right.

Money Game = Nice exacta (as you say it here) and great she also got a dollar on our show too

Coming or Going = WOOHOO first person ever to win a piano who actually loved and needed it.

On to the Showcase.  I loved the bike, jukebox, and skiboat!  (We use boats at Lake Powell for these kids with Cancer each Oct)  We had even joked in line earlier about some crazy $14,000 jukebox.  I honestly was scared about that boat.  I knew it could easily be over $20,000, but also could be just some cheaper $12,000 boat for all I knew right then and there.

So, when Rose Ann passed to me (we both wished each other true honest best wished no matter the outcome during the commercial before), I KNEW I MUST NOT OVERBID.  There is no way in hell I was going to overbid and then risk her going over on a possibly bigger showcase and ruining the show.  My first gut instinct was to bid 22 or 24,000.  I then said, ok $12,000 boat, $5,000 jukebox, $500 bike, and I know someone is going to walk out a winner.

I was completely fine knowing I probably just handed her showcase, or made it close.  I don't have a truck to tow the boat or a place to store it, nor the giant taxes on it, registration, etc.

I wanted the second to last show to be exciting.  I was not surprised by a car, but I was by the Lincoln.  VERY NICE.

Very happy and grateful for the prizes I won, actually like, and won't have to pay much of anything for tax.

I am completely happy with the outcome.  Everyone on our show won great prizes that seemed to fit them.  The full experience was worth more than any prize on the show, and I hope that Mary Ann can take some of those trips and work something out with the cars.

(I treated those in line near me to dinner and showed them around Hollywood and gave them a ride to the airport.  I feel so bad for the one guy who puked in my back seat from the dinner.  Had to pull over on the 405 and he had to change clothes and clean up what we could.  I laughed.  What else can you do?  What an experience!!)

So.... it was back to the line, people were awesome, and they held a spot so I could sleep a few hours and get back in line at 3am for the grand Bob finale!

Just wait for tomorrow!!  (I was in the audience, 3rd row a little towards the right in a light green polo this time.  A bunch of great people saved me a seat)

The best experience of my life!

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 01:11:32 AM »
Did anyone else notice that Bob did not reveal the final price to Carleen on Triple Play?

I don't think they will do anything because the outcome would not have changed.  However, to the home audience, how do we know that she truly lost?  In that case, I say give her back her eligibility to be a contestant and forgoe the pool table.  I'd love to see her again

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2007, 01:31:08 AM »
Quite simply:  There was a "NO" instead of a "YES."

Triple Play's reveal is not that of Bonkers, for instance, when the price reveal is not disclosed and we don't know what the correct price was.

In this case, the price was between $22,150 and $27,912 - and the "NO" was all that was needed to prove the loss.
John

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 01:42:41 AM »
True, but I still say unless we actually see the price of the car, how are we absolutely clear whether the NO or YES is correct?  What if they put the wrong price in there?  What if the price was right but they switch a NO and YES and shouldn't have.  There have been mistakes on games before...

I think a lot of people here probably already know the exact price of the car anyway, but still, that is why they do the reveal, for completeness and good practice.  I won't blame Bob though, 83 and still ticking!

I'm always in favor of a losing fun contestant returning on a technicality.  Has this ever happened on TPIR?

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 01:55:07 AM »
Nope, they don't bring 'em back. After all, you'd miss out on the spontaneous reaction of someone getting picked without expecting it which is such a big part of the show; plus, that would mean one less contestant getting a chance to be called on down after making the trip out there are everything else.

Usually if there's something dubious about the outcome of a pricing game or contestant's row, they just give the slighted contestant everything he/she could've won (which theoretically could include $11,000 on the wheel and both showcases, but I don't think they go that far).

Anyway, in today's case, we viewers were slighted knowing for sure whether the 'no' was in the right slot or not, but if Carleen had doubts, the producers could've verified it. Whether it got shown on screen or not doesn't make any difference.

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2007, 02:53:44 AM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
Good to have you with us, Craig... although I'm not sure how John will feel about your username. :lol:

You played the game well, though. As long as you play it the way it should be played, it's just not possible to lose.

Thx!  I actually tried to create an account with my typical username: pohlmacs, but the activation e-mail kept getting blocked, so I used a different e-mail account and created ClockGameCraig out of the blue just so people would know who I was.  I had no idea about John.  I may try moving over to "pohlmacs" if Marc can get that working.  Sent him an e-mail.