Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > Price is Right Recaps!

TPiR Recap - 12/18/2023 (TPiR at Night: Family Holidays)

<< < (2/2)

GameShowKid:
Pass The Buck! One of my favorite games! At least one extra pick earned! Though, no need to use it. Fantastic lucky win.

whowouldeverhurtawhammy:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on December 19, 2023, 01:02:34 AM ---So what happens if only one member of a family team is ineligible? Does the entire team forfeit all of the prizes? Does the team only forfeit a fraction of the prizes, and if so, when is it determined which prizes are forfeited?

--- End quote ---

I was about to ask the same question, because this is huge that this disqualification has occurred on a team-based episode, and I wondered how the show is going to handle it. If the whole family has to forfeit their prizes due to one member's ineligibility, that's a definite heartbreaker...

alansh42:
For a previous contestant, they're the only one excluded. But generally exclusions for employees also extend to household and immediate family members. Don't know the exact wording for TPiR, but that has been the rule for contests at companies I've worked for.

I'd say it's certain nobody in the family got any prizes.

SteveGavazzi:

--- Quote from: alansh42 on December 26, 2023, 04:48:05 PM ---For a previous contestant, they're the only one excluded. But generally exclusions for employees also extend to household and immediate family members. Don't know the exact wording for TPiR, but that has been the rule for contests at companies I've worked for.

I'd say it's certain nobody in the family got any prizes.
--- End quote ---

I'd say that by your own logic, that's not certain at all.

PatrickRox80:
Brings to mind the incident on Family Secrets where a father roped his daughter into coming onto the show with his then-mistress. Their cash and cruise got rescinded, but the daughter got to keep the camera and CD player she won.

But we’re talking prizes that were collectively won as a team. We don’t know who was determined to be ineligible or how it affected their family’s status as contestants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version