Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Deal Or No Deal Island

(1/4) > >>

SeaBreeze341:
A spinoff of the NBC gameshow hit from the 2000s is pretty much a combination of the Howie Mandel original version and Survivor.   Basically the contestants, including Claudia Jordan & Boston Rob Mariano are on a private Island (the Bankers I believe) competing on it.  The briefcases are hidden throughout DOND Island.

Here comes a report from Entertainment Weekly, including the cast.  Monday, February 26, 2024 at 9:30 PM Eastern is the premiere on NBC.

holein1isawesome:
This... is unique to say the least.

TPIRFan1995:
I don't want Survivor-like aspects in Deal Or No Deal or have Claudia as a player in order to entice me. If I wanted to watch a reality show, it'd be The Amazing Race, which in my opinion is the best reality show on CBS or anywhere. Seeing commercials for DOND Island m akes me all the more grateful for TPIRAN, LMAD Primetime, Celebrity Wheel, Celebrity Jeopardy!, Jeopardy! Masters, Celebrity Family Feud, That's My Jam, Password, Weakest Link, and the Fox game shows. IDK why they couldn't just bring the original show back if Joe had to be host. This will end up on Peacock and be replaced with Extended Family, Lopez Vs Lopez or Night Court.

Mr. Weatherman:

--- Quote from: TPIRFan1995 on February 28, 2024, 04:08:18 PM ---This will end up on Peacock and be replaced with Extended Family, Lopez Vs Lopez or Night Court.

--- End quote ---

…or serve as a segue into bringing back regular DOND for a third time.  IMO, DOND Island is a goofy, one-off program serving as a means of reintroducing audiences to DOND at a time when network TV is saturated with primetime game shows.  It’s filler programming, first and foremost.  But bringing back the original version with so many other competing game shows may have led to less-than-desirable results.  If this new format draws a meaningful audience — enough to get people talking about DOND again — and a few other primetime game shows are cancelled in lieu of scripted programming with the writers and actors strikes resolved, then who knows.  Perhaps DOND will be given another shot on the ‘Peacock’ network.  I have my doubts.  But there’s no way the creators of DOND Island are taking this version of the show seriously.

imhomerjay:
From classrooms to conference rooms, the mantra “there’s no bad idea” is shared so often it is taken as a truth.

This proves that statement is false.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version