Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Masters 2024 Golf

<< < (2/3) > >>

BillyGr:

--- Quote from: Game Girl on April 13, 2024, 01:52:45 AM ---they did a special called Masters highlights. not exactly sure what that means considering the tournament did not start (usually it begins on Friday and this year Saturday based on broadcasting schedules).

--- End quote ---

It began on Thursday, though some issues with rain meant many players were doing a round plus Friday to catch up.

I think they often broadcast some of it on cable those first couple days, with CBS network getting the weekend coverage.

SeaBreeze341:
ESPN gets Thursday & Friday, and CBS gets Saturday & Sunday.  Pretty much routine with the other events on the PGA tour.  Except Golf Channel would get the first two days, and CBS or NBC depending on the event finish things off on the weekend starting at 3:00 PM Eastern (sometimes 2:00, usually on Sunday).  Usually the cable or other platforms start things on the weekend in the AM until midday.  Not all the events are the same in terms of start times & networks.

As for Sunday at the Masters, final pairings include Bryson & Xander (Third-to-Last Group) ; Aberg & Homa (Penultimate Pairing Group) ; and Scheffler & Morikawa (Final Pairing).  Within the Top 5, from one player to the next, it's a one-shot separation (from -7 to -3, DeChambeau's spot).  Schauffele is among 3 people tied at -2, and then the final 4 players in red figures include the two Camerons.

I neglected to mention the third Cameron (Davis -2) on Saturday.  He's five back.  Also, Fleetwood has a shot, but there's just a lot of people within reach so he would probably have to shot a 62 and hope someone just do 50% of that.

FWIW, I think 7 of the past 8 winners came from the last group.  Probably should've been 8 for 8.  Feels like it's been the case over the past dozen years.  While we have a chance to see Homa win, someone new & unknown win, along with Bryson, if the trend holds we're either getting yet another player that's one event away from the career grand slam, OR another trend (where a year ending in the number 4 features Player A who put a green jacket on Player B who put a green jacket on Player A in a different year within a 3-year period)

mellongraig:
And if a playoff were to occur in the Masters it would be a sudden death format, just like all other regular season golf tournaments (except for The Players Championship which is a three hole aggregate playoff format). All the other majors on the PGA Tour use an aggregate playoff system.

SeaBreeze341:
I'm not sure what Scottie Scheffler did during Monday's eclipse, but a couple things, IMO, are true.  With his second jacket in 3 years, he eclipsed his first performance.  More important, by the end of the month, his story eclipsed at least most of those that were treated to a very nice time.  Fortunately, he didn't have to bolt mid tournament & back to Texas to be there for the birth of his first child.  Which, by the way is bigger than both of his wins at Augusta.

All jokes aside, one thing is isn't a joke is Scottie is definitely the best player in the world.

Game Girl:

--- Quote from: BillyGr on April 13, 2024, 07:14:03 PM ---It began on Thursday, though some issues with rain meant many players were doing a round plus Friday to catch up.

I think they often broadcast some of it on cable those first couple days, with CBS network getting the weekend coverage.

--- End quote ---

ops I just look on the CBS guide and judge from that. I actually did not know there was a golf channel until I did a search earlier today about announcer. I do not get either of those channels (my plan does not even get fox sports) I would not call you 'barebone' but basically has a few specialty channels, fx and a few other language channels, along with a lot of PBS secondary channels. anything sports specialty related would be a separate subscription. granted I just assumed that something like this would have been exclusive license like most sports I noticed at least for the final event rather than the whole tour.

Scheffler and DeChambeau are the two I noticed most at the end of Saturday (which I watched a little bit towards the last few minutes) though I was definitely looking towards Homa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version