Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/16/2007  (Read 32064 times)

Offline PlinkoChip

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/16/2007
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 07:02:24 PM »
Did anyone notice that the arrangement of diamonds on the Runner Up's showcase podium changed? Now it's a mirror image of the Top Winner's diamonds.
Insert signature here.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 07:33:36 PM »
I was very surprised to see the stage entrance for the golden road.  I hope this doesn't mean the end of audience entrances.

PLINKO was also a lot of fun.  That woman was a great contestant.  I wonder, though, where she ended up going to the bathroom.  Is there one even in the studio?

Offline plyr24

• In the Audience
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 07:35:02 PM »
yes. if only i had that link to a classic moment where a lady was in the bathroom when she got called down :D

Offline MichaelC

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 07:36:49 PM »
Pretty good show today. I too think Drew did better today than yesterday!

Golden Road:  Bad choice on 2nd prize. Knew that would be a loss.

Plinko: Best Plinko playing I've seen in years! Marie was absolutely priceless!

Clock Game: Easy setup, though I was a bit worried at first.

Double Prices: Easy win there.

Any Number: Tough loss. I was screaming 7 at the TV.

Grocery Game: Suprisingly easy setup today. Great playing.

Showcases: Sad loss for Marie.

Liking the new TPIR better and better!

Offline starcade

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 07:39:02 PM »
Golden Road:  Stupid second pick -- you have to have four choices for the Viper, big guy...

Plinko:  Good to see two big hits, though...  $20,200 is a nice score.  Poor Drew on Marie...

Clock Game:  Good grief, the contestant almost screwed himself.  Drew did a nice job on a game that can't be that easy, given what could happen.

One thing I've noticed in the first couple of shows:  Drew seems bemused by the goings-on from time to time...

Double Prices:  SHAZAM!!  :)  Drew's trying to come up with his own stuff...

Briann a hottie??  :)

Any Number:  Could've been worse...  We don't see too many $900+ little prizes in Any Number that much, so I was thinking piggy bank.

Have they been deliberately finding the screwballs???

Grocery Game:  Let's hope he didn't hurt himself again.  With the turntable or the contestant...  :)  With very little help from Drew on the bottom side of the $20-21 thing, she got the win with my favorite:  the $1.07 soup.  Of course, you had $1.07, $1.59, $2.37...

Drew's going to get killed with some of these contestants...

Showcases:  Two close bids...

Not a bad show.  Let's hope Drew can really hit stride...

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 07:42:22 PM »
Did anyone notice that the arrangement of diamonds on the Runner Up's showcase podium changed? Now it's a mirror image of the Top Winner's diamonds.

I think the Monday show was an aberration.  The topmost hypocycloid probably was improperly fastened and fell.

Despite everyone's whining about the universal font, It's in the Bag still had it's $16,000 graphic yesterday.  Clock Game was probably a case of saving effort, since it will be used elsewhere.

(I should learn how to chyron)

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »
GR: I knew Nathaniel lost the second he picked 7 on the piano. 

Plinko: Funny Exchange about Marie going to the bathrooom. Hey! 20K ai'nt too shabby.

DP: Simple, for Asian trips are usually very costly.

Any Number: I figured 7 was in the car.

GG: Surprisingly Simple set-up.

SC: Yikes: a painful overbid by Marie on the Navigator.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »
PG #1-WHAT, Golden Road with a stage entrance?  And it's dot-less, just like the May MDS!  I'm starting to think that they did this on purpose.  Seeing as how the epsiode number is #4041, this should have been the Season Premire, and if they would have used it for the actual Season Premire yesterday, it would have made more sense for Drew to come through the Big Doors than through the audience.  Wow, the Viper has gone up to $91K!  As far as gameplay goes, there was absolutely no excuse for him to pick 7 for that piano.

Plinko-Last season we had Cody; this season we have Marie!  She was absolutely hilarious when Rich told her she was going to play Plinko.  Man, if she would have won $50,000, she probably would have been all over the stage!  I thought we were going to break the record today.

Clock Game-I got worried when he started bidding like he did for the first prize, but at least he recovered and won.  Good thing today was easier than normal, or else he probably would have lost.

Double Prices-A nice, easy win to start the 2nd half.

One Bid #5-Wow, the Giant Price tag looks totally awesome!

Any Number-Well, at least she didn't win the piggy bank.

Grocery Game-Extremely easy setup; the only product that looked tough was the shampoo.  Janet played it like a pro.

Showcases-OUCH, tough luck for Marie to overbid by so little, and after a great bid at that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:50:35 PM by PimpinJC »
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »
Uh.. Golden Road was played first! Golden Road has to be played first because it takes up all three doors - door #1 is rarely used except for storage and the showcases, so that's why the staging would take a bit longer than it would to set up compared to other games.They rolled out the game onto the stage while the contestants were bidding on the Kayak. 

I'm aware of the reasons why Golden Road needs to be played first, but without the gold dots on the floor, it could be played in another slot. I guess the only way that would happen is if the red glitter turntable was used for the second prize. That way Door #1 could still be used for showcases and storage for the show.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 10:23:15 PM »
Yes, I'm still alive.  Enjoyed my summer sabbatical away from the site. 

Today's show was the first glimpse I finally got of the new Season 36 in action.  I've seen previous clips on various sites and it seems promising, yet very different in style and feel.  And now I've gotten a taste of what to look forward (or not).  Well, half the episode before I had to leave for class.

Obviously, Golden Road threw me in for a loop.  It came out of nowhere (like the primetime special) and to top it all off, a Viper!  Such a pity not to even see it played for in the game itself, but for the longest time I've waited for this and bam!  Euphoria. 

Plinko was pretty exciting too.  This should've been the season premiere. 

However... as some may know, I wasn't really upset that Bob was retiring, or the fact that I wasn't advocating for a boycott of the show and the entire host search situation.  But I think on some level, it's finally sinking in.  This isn't the Price I grew up with, and everyone knows that.  It's best to give it a try, and try to stay loyal and true as possible because I am still a fan of the show and always will be.  It's just so different and I'm really questioning my loyalty.  It seems like a parody, or even an entirely new entity.  Spinoff even.  Only time will tell. 

But for now, I'm definitely on the fence. 

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2007, 10:34:50 PM »
There was actually something else about today's show that I'm surprised nobody brought this up. Did you notice that on Golden Road, when they showed the piano, they had actual piano music? For some time, I always wondered why they didn't do that. I wonder if that music was specifically written for the show, or if it's a classical piece.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2007, 10:37:40 PM »
Ah...the real season premiere. :)

You could tell this show was taped before the one that aired yesterday.  There were a lot of little things about Drew's performance that just hadn't been ironed out yet.  The only serious things I saw were that he didn't have much of a reaction when Golden Road was lost and he kind of got stuck in a rut while trying to host Any Number.  It should be interesting to see the rest of the week, since the "next" three shows were all taped a bit farther into the fall.

I hope the absence of the dots in Golden Road, not to mention the lack of an audience entrance, don't become permanent things.

Plinko was...um...interesting.  I think we've all seen this before, and I think most of us got a kick out of it, so let's just move on. :)

I liked how Drew was able to push Dexter in the right direction in Clock Game without stopping the clock.

That "Shazam" thingy in Double Prices was funny.  I'm not sure it'll be funny if it keeps happening, though.

The Showcase writers apparently forgot when the show came on. :P

I am so, so sad that Carlos isn't enjoying Drew Carey.

Quote from: Voltron291
I spoke with the Dob after the show, and he said that the dots were no longer necessary - the sign was good enough to represent the game... and it doesn't spoil the audience as to what the first game is.

Ew...don't like that concept at all.  I can understand not wanting to spoil the game with the audience entrance...but really, doing Golden Road without a road is just silly.

Quote from: Chris9993
The only reason why they could have set up the wins because they wanted to teach Drew Carrey.

Uh...they set up for wins because it was the season premiere.

Quote from: jeffpf
Hasn't anyone realized that Dexter won both prizes in Clock Game faster than Janis Henning did back in 1977?

Uh...no?  Why the hell would anyone think of that?

Quote from: FPGWillyT
I can't remember his name but I'd swear it was Christopher as well.  He ran out of the studio because he felt jilted about not getting picked yet again.  The first new Drew show taped on a Wednesday and he had gotten in line the Saturday before at 900 A.M., just as PHILIP BARRETT had for Bob's last show, thinking that waiting in line for 100+ hours would do the trick.  He also felt he needed to do different tricks the rest of the week to try and get picked.  I guess when he didn't get that call on that show, which was the last one taped during the first taping week, he felt he had enough and ran out of the studio in disgust.

Well, if nothing else, that proves they were right not to pick him!

Quote from: PlinkoChip

Musta changed it after the first tapings.  I bet it's back the other way tomorrow.

Quote from: 3StrikesFan
I'm aware of the reasons why Golden Road needs to be played first, but without the gold dots on the floor, it could be played in another slot.

The dots have nothing to do with why the game is only played first.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 10:40:02 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6,734

Golden Road
Not only has Brandi modeled her most expensive daytime prize ever, she has also broken a career total of $16,000,000!

Double Prices
And Brandi breaks $100,000!

Entering the Showcases
With the Viper, Brandi is mighty tough.  She has $106,452 to build on!

Showcase #1: The Workout Room
Bodyguard R3 Recumbent Exercize Bike - $1,199
Gold's Gym Power Flex Home Gym - $850
Quantum Q2.5 Electronic Treadmill - $1,999
Jacuzzi J465 Spa--wait...J465?  I thought all Jacuzzi spas were J365.  A J365 is $11,148.  A J465 is $14,590.

Showcase #2: ...36 years ago
Some kind of Dell Desktop Computer - $1,348
Trip to the Fira Palace Hotel in Barcelona - $5,590, and how about this?

Lincoln Navigator - $54,550

New Prizes
Char-Broil Tech Gas Grill
Gold's Gym Power Flex Home Gym
Jacuzzi J465 Spa

Long time no see!
The Palecek Rattan Lounge Chair/Ottoman last appeared on April 8, 2005 even though the latest existing recap with the Palecek Rattan Lounge Chair/Ottoman in the archives prior to this episode was for February 27, 2004, and the price has stayed the same after all that time!

We have also not heard from Char-Broil since November 22, 2004 even though the latest existing recap with Char-Broil in the archives prior to this episode was for June 9, 2004.  Also, tomorrow marks two years since we last heard from Dacor, and Thursday will mark two years since we last heard from Hooker Furniture.

Your Modeling Scorecard for October 15, 2007
Rachel Reynolds

$94,222, this is fantastic! We got a SHANE!..., ten prizes
- What the contestants won:  $39,672, 9
- What the contestants lost:  $54,550, 1
Trips after 2 shows - 2
Cars after 2 shows - 2

Gwennie Osborne, the tall one

$54,028 (Medium level), eleven prizes
- What the contestants won:  $17,773, 8
- What the contestants lost:  $36,215, 3
Trips after 1 show - 2 (She modeled 51 trips last season.)
Cars after 1 show - 1 (She modeled 56 cars last season.)

Brandi Sherwood, a very powerful game show model

!!! $107,800 !!!
...and another SHANE!*, twelve prizes
- What the contestants won:  $14,673, 10
- What the contestants lost:  $93,087, 2
Trips after 1 show - 1 (She modeled 48 trips last season.)
Cars after 1 show - 1 (She modeled 79 cars last season, a tie with Shane Stirling.)

Your 28 prizes total $287,526.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:59:27 PM by whinbaby »

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 11:20:44 PM »
Well, I feel adjusted to the look and feel etc. The main theme still needs a little time for me.

(Golden) Road: Didn't predict this was going to appear. I stepped away from the television for a moment when Nathaniel went up on stage. Then I was trying to recall if Drew came in from the audience. When I saw the bare floor, it made me think of at least one time this has happened with Bob. Anyways, I got a little cautious when Nat picked 7 for the piano. I just did not think there would be two sevens in a row. Well, I guess we got to say goodbye to the gold dots, too.

"2 in the Plinko": Ever since Drew said that on Conan, it stuck to me. This was one of those segments that totally made my day today. Never have I ever exerted a lot of energy about this playing of Plinko than anything else on Carey's Price (I know it's only the second aired episode.) I was wondering if Marie really was able to go to the bathroom after winning her cash. I'm sure they did in a situation like this. "Plinko Sitck! Hit me with your Plinko Stick!" It happened again where I would root for the record to be broken when some has $20K+ and still have at least one chip left.
After watching a YouTube clip a few moments ago, I wonder if Rich's announcement of Plinko would lossen other people's sanity control. Actually, he made me lose control. The redo of the $50,000 is an improvement. I think at this time I can finally let the sign go.

Clock Game: Wow. If you have the hunch that the prices end in -99, try it. You might win before half of your time is up. Absolute great playing here.

Double Prices: I paid more attention to the whole "Shazam" thing here.

Any Number: I liked how Brianne used the 0 and 'the other number' when all that was left was the dollars in the Piggy Bank. Then when she won the telephones, I betted it was the 7. It was.

generic grocery game. if you think the products cost within the $1-2 range, you can probably do good. i liked the play here too

Showcases: Both Janet and Marie made some good bids. I was guessing at least 43000 for Marie's Showcase. Too bad she went over by so little.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 11:37:06 PM »
KSLA was late on starting the show on time. :-x Can anyone give me screengrabs of the opening spiel from today's show, please?

Golden: No audience entrance? :-o No Golden dots? :-o What's the deal? Nathaniel should've known better, that's all I got to say.

Plinko: I was wise not to see the video on Youtube and see this for myself. Marie was a BLAST!!! If only that last Plinko chip would've made her day. $20,200 is a very nice haul for her. The graphic is a lot better. Drew showed great interaction with Brandi and Rachel, too.

Clock: I was scared at first that he would go down slowly, but he understood the '99' trick and it payed off.

Double: Shazam!!! :D Good win.

Any #: A set of Phones beats the Piggy Bank any day.

Grocery: Amazing playing by Janet.

Showcases: OUCH!!! Poor Marie knew the drill about those Navigator showcases. But it backfired by a few hundred dollars.  :cry:

A 4-star show for the real season premiere.