Author Topic: Recent (and past) chat actions that need EVERYONE's attention....  (Read 27762 times)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Apparently emails and notifications to members aren't doing the job....

• This "trash-talk-and-then-complain-when-someone-trash-talks-you" thing HAS GOT TO STOP.
  • Some of the recent trash talk has gotten a little out of hand.  Please cut it down to small obviously-joking things.
  • Contestant bashing (calling them stupid morons, etc.).....cut it out people.

Also, I'm sick and tired of some of the hypocritical people in chat who violate the rules themselves and then go and call out people who've done the same thing.  I'm very close to publicly calling out two particular members here......  I REFUSE to be associated with such actions.

I'm posting this publicly so this does not get swept under the rug by ANYONE, doesn't matter who you are, whether or not you're a close friend of mine, or how well I know you.  I've put up with a lot of crap in both real life and here in the past few days and I'm not in a good mood right now.  I've dealt with sassy customer service reps from the cable company, I've had a friend go back to doing drugs after telling me he had stopped (lied to me) and nearly punched me in the face when I confronted him (and we're no longer friends after that), and I've had some recent actions in chat get my blood boiling as well.

I don't normally get this angry.  It takes quite a bit to get me this angry.  But I'm really angry now.  Clean up your acts people.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:31:57 PM by RobertSearcy »

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Recent (and past) chat actions that need EVERYONE's attention....
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:26:16 PM »
This obviously excludes me, because I'm a very friendly person, so I'm innocent.

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »
  Yes, Grand  you are indeed innocent. :) As are as good 85-95% of all the CSS/CHAT folk.. what is coming to a head, even this early in the year is that  a very very very teeny percentage of people, some of which we sadly are disabled of putting on ignore  ---are quite simply  single-handedly wrecking the chatroom/CSS  spirit and vibe for everyone.  Hopefully this call to attention will start to remind ALL of us, not just the innocent, not just the people causing all the trouble.. but ALL of us that we are here for fun and community support of our beloved game show institution.   CSS/TPIR CHAT  is  not some personal therapy to let our real life frustrations ,or to make the chat room some sort of analogous childhood playground where we are going to " get back " at anything and everything we couldn't take revenge on before.   Marc',  Robert, Tom, John  etc etc. 's  very hard work to make this site  as splendid as is it  deserves  infinitely more respect than that.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 02:18:20 PM »
it doesnt include me either....at least, i hope not.
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 03:35:45 PM »
Look, everyone knows that I really don't mesh with certain members of this site, and that is a fact.

The fact is that every time I play CSS, I always know that someone else has the best of me.  That's why I have been overbidding a ton this year.  I've been trying to be like other CSS folk in chat, but I guess it's not in the cards for me to do that.  I think we should all just play the game of CSS--not play to win--but play for the satisfaction of knowing that someday in your life, it'll be your turn to "Come on down" to Contestant's Row, meet Drew Carey in person, and win lots of prizes based on the practice we get DAILY from playing the game. 
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 04:50:26 PM »
I hope this has absolutely nothing to do with me... my rivalry with Armadillo and all of the trash talking exchanged with him/Willy/whoever is, and always has been, nothing but fun. It's not ever anything personal, and that should be obvious.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »
Same here

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »
Don't worry Heels...I'm quite sure you and I have nothing to do with this, because 1) I'm not that good at trash talking, and 2) you and I both know that it's all in good fun between us.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 04:56:44 PM »
...although you've started to do quite a bit of it lately. :P

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 05:07:52 PM »
I know it isn't me.  I am very kind to everyone and just talk about my personal life before the show, then watch the show and chat with everyone.  I will see everyone on monday.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »
Doubt it would be me. I know I'm one of the resident chat goofballs, but otherwise.....

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »
It's not me, I don't really visit the chatrooms frequently and when I do visit, I do not make any offensive remarks whatsoever.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 05:47:08 PM »
I know my conscience is clear.  I consider it a privelege to be able to chat with other Loyal Friends, and would NEVER do anything to upset the happiness that Marc, John and every other mod tries to perpetuate.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »
Let me make this very simple, as I did in the chat room last week.

I cannot be in the chat room every day – I work during the show.  John cannot be in the chat room every day – he sleeps during the show (and works at night).

If somebody is being rude or disrespectful in the forums, we will handle it like we always do.

If somebody is being rude or disrespectful in the chat room, we can’t handle it unless we know about it.

If you want to let us know about something that is happening in the chat room, all you need to do is take a short cut & paste of the offensive verbiage and email it to me – marc@golden-road.net.

If these steps are followed, we will make sure that anybody being rude or disrespectful in the chat room no longer has the ability to be rude or disrespectful in the chat room.  If these steps are followed, you have my word that there is a zero tolerance policy for rudeness on this site, be it in chat or otherwise.

Got it?

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 07:51:04 PM »
Marc, you bring up a great point about cutting and pasting.  It's an easy step to forget, I think because of the speed of the chat sometimes.  I'll keep it in mind if I ever need to.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"