Author Topic: Recent (and past) chat actions that need EVERYONE's attention....  (Read 27763 times)

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Recent (and past) chat actions that need EVERYONE's attention....
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 11:06:49 PM »
I feel honored to be a member of this site and I absolutely enjoy being in the chat when I am not working at wallyword during the day.  Marc, John and robert are what keeps this site going.  Believe me if I see any rudeness or excessive contestant bashing, I would definitely report it.  Thankfully usually robert and willy are usually in there.  I feel like this site is my 3rd family next too my actualy family and my coworkers and friend at work. 

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »
Thank you to everyone in and their esprit de corps ( spelling? LOL)  about trying to get the vibe back to a GOOD one in the chat room  :) --   and mostly thanks to Marc for his very balanced and wise advice.,.

folks don't wait for the  chat logs to process,   unless you are in the middle of  sending your CSS bid..   as soon as someone starts talking guff ( a polite g rated word ) that you find unnecessary and mean-spiritedly offensive  (And all you  rivals people-- for what it's worth.. while some of us including me  may mostly good naturedly groan at your goings on and even ignore you.. no.. THAT stuff is NOT what this recent hubbub is about, please do indeed know that.  At least from I and many others points of view. )   stop what you are doing before the chat lines go too far out of control and cut and paste the offending chat IMMEDIATELY and send it to Marc asap.. if we unfort. have to continue to waste the  boss' time here with this  apallingly immature stuff that sadly still won't cease.. then we have GOT to show him the evidence of the behavior.

Thanks everyone.. I feel at long last   we will have resolutions to turn our CSS/morning fun back into  just that.. FUN :)

Cheers and Good  Thurs night all :)

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 12:37:31 AM »
Bully, I think we should drop the rivalry - it's getting out of hand.  What say you and I just play CSS for points and pride?  We'll still be Team GRRR no matter what

Your teammate and Pal-4-Life,
Fieldsy
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 12:58:41 AM »
Yeah...forget the rivalry, 'cuz we all know that Fireball and Pathy are THAT good.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »
As I'm sure many of ya'll have already noticed, early this morning, I removed the Cornrow/GRRR rivalry score from my sig.  CSS is just a game, yet many of us (myself included) have taken it way too serious lately.  Ya'll don't need me to say this to believe it, that my ego became inflated after my QSW/Blitz in October '06... and that ego trip continued throughout the season as I accumulated record-breaking wins, DSWs, and cash en route to the championship.  I've engaged in a lot of playful trash-talk with Bully, heels, Jordan, and Willy, but it was all meant in fun.  If anybody took what I've said over the last two years in the wrong way, I sincerely apologize.  I would never consciously show anybody disrespect cuz that would knowingly make me a hypocrite and get me kicked out of the ministry.

So don't be surprised if ya'll start to notice a dramatic reduction in my trash-talk in the chatroom.

(But if you think I'm gonna start intentionally garfing showcases to give the rest of you a chance to win, in the immortal words of Rod Roddy, FORGET IT!  :P )
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 11:25:52 AM »
I want to apologize to everyone for what happened last Thursday, specifically my end of show "rant". 

First I want to tell you where that came from.  From the moment I logged on that day, it seemed as if it was coming at me fron all directions.  And it wasn't just CSS-related.  And then what really got me fuming was when a new person to the room (or at the least someone I did not recognize) decided to stick a barb in me along with the others.

Now let me be clear that I realize that not everyone was participating in the melee, and I certainly did not mean to forever kill the friendly "I'm gonna git you sucka" CSS ranting.  BRING THAT ON ANYDAY.

I just felt that some people were doing more than that on Thursday and to be honest, I reverted to my childhood and whined and cried.  I should have handled it differently instead of the way I did.

For anyone that I offended, I am truly sorry.