Studio 41 - Play Along > CSS -- Chatroom Showcase Showoff

CSS Results for November 15

(1/2) > >>

BuddyTom:
When the doors opened and we heard "Every trip in the house!" I was expecting a large amount of garfing and probably a fair number of overbids. Oddly, we didn't get that, at least not on the trip showcase. These weren't easy trips to gauge, either, and I'll admit that if I had stuck to my original bid, I woulda beaten you all.  :biggrin:  But, coulda, woulda, shoulda aside, pbarrett pulls a Ludwig and wins cash from 19th place, with a GOTC on the car showcase.

Most people did pretty well on the car though. Two small overbids, but also two DSWs! pathfinder20 was off by only $117, and Voltron291 edged him out with a $71 difference for the win and cash for both showcases. And then waaay down at the bottom is the Stage Player who thought that the trips were booked from veryverycheapvacations.com.  :hammer:

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 15, 2007 -- Game 23
[attachment deleted by admin]

therealcu2010:
Yet another top 5 finish.  This is the fourth good bid day I've had in a row.  Unfortunately, yesterday's HAD to be a WSD...

BRB_TheFireball:
I don't know if I've ever told ya'll that I hate friggin' random all-trip showcases, but I HATE FRIGGIN' RANDOM ALL-TRIP SHOWCASES!

But at least my garf wasn't nearly as bad as Fieldsy's, thus awarding me and Kourtney another du rag.

sideshowPA:
Any day where I finally get above Fireball on the daily standings is a rare day.

Is it me, or are the showcases way tougher to zero in on this year?

Nice bids on the Explorer.  Had to know there would be some DSW's there.

And Bully's agressiveness finally paid off this week.  Nice job.

GoldenBulldog:

--- Quote from: sideshowPA on November 15, 2007, 04:07:41 PM ---
And Bully's agressiveness finally paid off this week.  Nice job.
--- End quote ---

Thanks...I really needed that after suffering through a disaster-ridden week.  It's an empty, but moral, victory in my eyes.

--- Quote ---BRB_TheFireball wrote:

But at least my garf wasn't nearly as bad as Fieldsy's, thus awarding me and Kourtney another du rag.
--- End quote ---

Hey, I really shouldn't have to say this, but it's not about the rivalries anymore.  Lately, these so-called "rivalries" have inflated our egos in the chat room to the point where now Robert has just about had enough of it.  Yes, I do admit that sometimes, even MY ego goes through the glass ceiling; most of y'all don't know me very well except in YouTube clips or random Y.I.M. chat sessions.

In short, rivalries are NOT what CSS is about; CSS is our TPiR-related "homework" of sorts, and we use it to prepare ourselves for the day that one of us gets called down to the Row and meets Drew Carey in the flesh.  See my most recent post in "The Front Office", and you'll find out what I mean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version