Author Topic: The Best of TPIR DVD Released 3/25/08  (Read 182291 times)

Offline padron3141

• In Contestant's Row
  • NYC subway hobbyist: "Mr. R-10", "Mr. 'A' Train".
Re: The Best of TPIR DVD Released 3/25/08
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 03:37:44 PM »
Your big fat TPIR DVD update beckons.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Price-Right-The-Best-Of/8760

Yes, Uncle Bill will be in the hizouse, as well as Barker's final entire week, and what is billed as Bob's "very first" episode. Grain of salt there since it kicked off with a fur.

26 episodes.

WHOA!  This new DVD set is actually going to include some Bill Cullen episodes?  And also Barker's first episode...with that fur coat as the first IUFB ever?  Now that DVD set would be a definite buy, no doubt!!!
William A. Padron
[Take The "A" Train]

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 04:08:34 PM »
I was hoping for more Barker episodes, since he is the host most people are familiar with.  Also, the last week of Bob's tenure as host was so recent.  I was hoping for more classic episodes that feature retired games and changes to the set; it would make me feel as if I was actually watching an episode on CBS rather than on the DVD.  Since there are 26, that does make me happier, because it would mean there are still several classic episodes even if they do include Bill Cullen.

Online goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »
I am very anxious to see what other episodes the DVD set has.  It's great that they acknowledged the original version with Bill Cullen on NBC and ABC.  Also, I really do not give a darn about Bob's final week being included because I already have it recorded on DVD from the first-run airings back in June, 2007.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
FINALLY! Uncle Bill gets the respect he deserves for his longest-running show! (pours some root beer) Here's to you, Bill!  :pint:

Dennis James, Tom Kennedy, Doug Davidson...

If at least one of you three show up I'll be...

well...

:pint: :pint:

And if Dennis shows up in good quantity...

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:

I think I need to relax. Or use the bathroom.

Actually, I think that's the same thing...:-)
-Daniel
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »
Now I'm REALLY looking forward to this DVD set! Can't wait to watch it!  :-D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 06:12:43 PM »
So, anyone else think Bob recorded might have recorded a PSA for that first episode with the fur coat?
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
Doubt it.  If BCI thought the material was objectionable, I don't think they would have included those episodes.

Offline bclark71

• Outside in Line
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 07:21:27 PM »
Doubt it.  If BCI thought the material was objectionable, I don't think they would have included those episodes.

I doubt BCI gives a crap what Barker thinks about any of this.  Fremantle owns the episodes and they're free to do with them what they wish.

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »
It would be nice if BCI published a list of the 26 episodes. At this relatively late date in the production process, the master DVDs ought to be in the authoring stage at a minimum ... and the print/art materials ready for the printer  ... which means that BCI ought to know precisely which episodes are in this four-disc set.

Having Barker's last show in the set makes sense. But from my perspective, the inclusion of all the shows from his last week is a waste of valuable disc space that could better be used for rare, vintage episodes. I'd much rather see eight 30-minute shows from 1972-75, for instance, occupy the four hours that will be taken by 2007 broadcasts.

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 01:56:33 AM »
Keep in mind that we're not the only ones buying this DVD set. Average fans who like the show are going to buy it too, and they haven't recorded Bob's last show like most of us. I think there'll be 6 Bill eps and then 20 Bob ones... the description used to say eps from 1972-2007 w. 20 shows...now it says 26 shows and Bill is included...connections? I think so.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »
But from my perspective, the inclusion of all the shows from his last week is a waste of valuable disc space that could better be used for rare, vintage episodes.

I completely agree. If this is supposed to be a "best of Price is Right" DVD set, then including the entire last week doesn't fit. As much as I like Bob, I just don't think the entire last week of his shows qualifies for a "best of..." DVD set. Sure, include his final episode, for sure, but the others?  As was said, that's kind of a waste of DVD space for now. They aired less than a year ago. I think they could have chosen the episodes a bit more wisely, but with that said, at least a company thinks enough of Price to put out a DVD set in the first place.

Offline djryan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »
I think there'll be 6 Bill eps and then 20 Bob ones... the description used to say eps from 1972-2007 w. 20 shows...now it says 26 shows and Bill is included...connections? I think so.

I don't think so, necessarily...Without a release of an episode list yet, who knows what they'll put on there besides the 6 Barker shows we know of and at LEAST 1 Cullen show.  They may have a Kennedy, they may do a James, etc, etc.  We won't know unless we see an official source
COME ON DOWN!

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
I don't think so, necessarily...Without a release of an episode list yet, who knows what they'll put on there besides the 6 Barker shows we know of and at LEAST 1 Cullen show.  They may have a Kennedy, they may do a James, etc, etc.  We won't know unless we see an official source

They didn't say anything about Nighttime Price shows (Kennedy & James). They also said there'd be Cullen shows. I'm hoping for 20 Barker shows (or mostly Barker shows). I honestly can't stand B & W TV and even though it's a part of Price history, I probably won't watch the Cullen shows. I tried watching Beat the Clock on GSN a while back and I just couldn't.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline mike

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2008, 01:40:30 PM »
This is awesome news! I pre-ordered mine at Amazon.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2008, 02:28:01 PM »
This is gonna be awesome, especially that we get to see the first $100K prize EVER offered in Daytime TPIR again and again; in my view, that was a historic moment in TPIR history.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.