Author Topic: It's That Time...  (Read 171863 times)

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: It's That Time...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 10:21:50 PM »
  I just want to voice my public 2 cents ( I will be sending you a priv 2 cents as well Marc) to say not only will we miss you, not only is all of this unfortunate , not only do you do an amazing and fair job here .. making critical issue decisions  that are for the good of all whether we may agree with them 100% or not  and all your hard work will not be forgotten.

I also want to say  something about the sad big pic.. since I have been involved in game show internet stuff since pretty much it's big bang ( 1994-5 ish ) I was around to watch ATGS devolve into the cesspool it became because of a handful of people.  I also  watched a phenomenal other daytime TV site's manager do as you are doing, understandable but sad , see his site abused in other forums so much that he too threw his hands up and said he wasn't dealing with it anymore.   So while on one hand  I feel bad for you and others in your analogous position saying " No.. you can't quit .. you let " THEM" when when you do !!!"  -- on the other hand  these sites are labors of love and fandom-- they aren't your  JOB-- you don't get PAID to be here-- so why the hell would you put up with crap upon crap upon crap   forever before you lost your patience?   I know I couldn't run a site of this magnitude that's for sure and deal with all the flack that comes with running something that lots of people voice their negative opinions about.

( let's face it.. Jesus Christ could come back in the flesh, run a site.. and STILL he would get crap.  " Look, I am the messiah"   " I don't care you shouldn't have let Godlover171 from Omaha post that !! I hate you !!"

So sorry for my ramble.. but I wanted to voice my thanks, regret and undertsanding to you Mr. Marc.. I still hope we get to have coffee or lunch  one of my times I go through OKC. -- Ludwig/Kel  :)

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 09:33:51 AM »
Wow !!??  Did I just read that?

As someone who used to post quite a bit (I still read almost daily), I'm saddened by this news.  However, I certainly can understand.

Marc, while you hand over the reigns, I certainly hope that you stay involved with the other things that you do for this site.  Things like, your frequent trips (with pictures), the live Chat with Drew, the Q&A with "The Dob", and many other things that are too numerous to mention.

Thanks for that unforgettable game of "punch-a bunch" in the live chat (a few years back)
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 10:46:26 AM »
Marc, I don't know what more I can say that hasn't been said already.  I will truly miss having you as an administrator on this site.  You have made this site what it is today along with john and all of the members.  I am truly honored to be a part of this site since mid season 32.  Good luck in the future and hopefully you will continue to visit this site on a regular basis.  John, good luck on being the main person now.

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 10:56:37 AM »
Marc, I have only been a member for a short period of time, but nonetheless you will be missed. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours. :)
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 11:01:13 AM »
Marc, I just want to say thank you for all you've done for this site.  When I joined late in 2004, you and the other members welcomed me with open arms because I shared a love of TPIR like you.  I guess you can say I wouldn't have grown such an appreciation of the show and especially Rich without this site.  All the friends I've made, all the things I've learned, I couldn't have done it without you

If ever you're in the Toronto area, look me up.  I'll show you around sometime.  In the meantime, thank you for everything

Stephanie (FieldsFan336)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 11:47:04 AM »
Wow...just...wow.

I also haven't been here long, but I would like to say...thanks.  Thank you for running this site for so long, and making it the great place it is today.  Good luck in all of your future endeavors.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JayRockUSA

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • JKFX4LIFE... and that's WORD!!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »
== JAY SEZ: ==
No, Big Green -- say it ain't so!!
This place ain't gonna be the same w/o you, man!
But I will manage...

:cry:

I am very surprised to read this... this is so unlike Searce. And THIS is a really cool game show MB.
Always continue to be. You guys are always on the up-and-up when it comes to PiR.

And when it came to my artwork for T.O.O.N. ME, you welcomed it with open arms!
I really appreciated that a lot!

TPIRFan28: "This sucks" is right.
I met a LOT of people on many forums on gameshows, but this is like a second home to me.

Fireball: Marc -- the "face" of G-R.net? Try "head honcho", baby!!

DZ: All is forgiven, you still rock anyway.

But there is still love in here, that Sly will now take over the Big Show (not the WWE one) and really rock it the way it should be.
I will miss you, Marc... take care and thanks SO MUCH for everything.

I'll see ya on the flipside... spay and neuter ya pets... dig!

YOURZ4LIFE...
~JK~
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:28:33 PM by JayRockUSA »
HORNZ UP... HEAD UP... KEEP YA CHIN UP! That's what TRUE BLUE DEVILS DO! All day, all night... fo' life... can you dig it, suckaaaaa!!!

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »
Marc,
I don't participate much on this site, but I've been a member for quite a long time.  I usually only post when I feel I have something important or relevant to say.  Now is one of those times. 

I do not know what happened with Robert and/or anyone else, and I don't care.  What I do know is this - YOU are the heart and soul of this site.  Without you, this site would be only a fraction of what it is now.  You are driven by a passion that few others have about the show and this site.  I know that John and Joe, along with the other moderators, will continue your good work here, but we all know that it won't be the same.  No offense is intended to anyone else, but without you, it just won't seem right.

So I am asking you to reconsider.  Please don't let the malicious words of ONE former member dictate your actions.  Don't let him win by getting to you like this.  Ignore him and move forward with the rest of us.  There is so much to be seen in this new uncharted territory that Price is sailing into.  I want you to be part of it.  So PLEASE - think it over...

Sincerely,
Bud
aka Ton80
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 02:02:16 PM »
Marc,
Add me to the list of people who don't want to see you go.  You recently showed me great kindness by letting me bend your ear about my current work situation.  It's a kindness that I cannot allow myself to forget.  We never really got the chance to "chat" together as often as I would have liked.  I'm going to miss your good humor and gentle leadership.  Again, I wish you would stay, and I mean that sincerely, but if you must go, then God be with you in all you do.  And feel free to e-mail me anytime you want to hear from a member of the communbity.  My e-mail is still in my profile.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »
Marc,
Add me to the list of people who don't want to see you go.  You recently showed me great kindness by letting me bend your ear about my current work situation.  It's a kindness that I cannot allow myself to forget.  We never really got the chance to "chat" together as often as I would have liked.  I'm going to miss your good humor and gentle leadership.  Again, I wish you would stay, and I mean that sincerely, but if you must go, then God be with you in all you do.  And feel free to e-mail me anytime you want to hear from a member of the communbity.  My e-mail is still in my profile.

He said it for me! Sorry to see you go Marc.

Offline william79

• In the Audience
    • William's World
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
This is only my first week as a member, but I have been a guest to your site for a long time. It is a great site. These verbal attacks are beyond shameful. Anyways, may God bless you and your family from all of us in Wildcat Country.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 07:14:01 PM »
Darn.

That was my initial reaction.  I wanted to post a little more than that, though, so I let it sink in a little, and I'm ready to reply more fully.

I'm sorry to see you go.  You've been, well, this whole site's reason for existance in the first place.  If you weren't here, we'd all still be stuck on MSN.  Or maybe an even worse board.  Who knows.  You've turned this site from a fun little backstage photo site to the whole community it is today.  And I'm sad to read your message.

But certainly, you know what's best for yourself.  If you feel it is in your best interests to step down, I will not argue, or ask that you stay.  You may be up to returning one day.  You may not.  I don't know.  If you come back, that'd be great.  If not, we've still got the very capable John here to help the site run smoothly.

So good luck getting the issues here and other off-site issues worked out, regardless of whether you ever return.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »
Marc,

We are all very sad if you do leave.  You and John ARE, and will always be such an important element of the Golden Road.Net family.  The love if Price, the interviews, the videos, the show visits, the behind the scenes access and archives, you guys have made all of that possible.  Don't let the bad experiences of a former moderator overshadow so much time, effort, and greatness that you have put into the site.  You have worked too long and accomplished so much to have to leave a 10 year fun and family oriented site like this.  You have thousands and friends right here on the forums who will stick by you!  I personally hope that you will reconsider your decision to leave.

Regardless of what you decide to do, I wish you the very best of success, and thank you for the years past, and hope you are well in years to come.  Thank you for everything!!!!

Joe

Offline masterkey

• Outside in Line
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
 As someone who has close ties to Mr. Dobkowitz myself, I can attest to the fact that your work here is appreciated. However there are two sides to every story. I'm not one to get involved in drama, but please keep in mind that unless you are ready to offer opposing parties the right to defend themselves, it is probably unfair to name people here Marc. You are lowering yourself by doing so.

This is a valuable commodity to fans of the show. It is in the best interest of the program that you stay on track with the original concept of this board without turning it into a mud slinging contest which benefits nobody. You've worked hard in creating this forum and The Price Is Right appreciates your efforts. Please don't leave on such a sour note. If you choose to leave, do it in style like Mr. Barker has done. You will be a better person for it.

Offline luckymee

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 05:53:12 PM »
Dear Marc,

I am sorry to hear and read about all of the issues at hand. I know you and I had a disagreement almost 3 years ago, but, you were adult and man enough and thankfully allowed me to come back.

I ofcourse stay out of all politics regarding any conflicts amongst members and I ignore 100 percent of any negativity ever directed at myself for comments, suggestions or ideas as I have been addressed in a very derogatory tone by members I will not name.

Seems to me, however, (only honest feeling I mention) is that some members do tend come across snippety and ugly. Perhaps if some would not be so judgemental and horrible (example: someone mentioned something that was in a thread and they missed it and asked the same question, they were talked to like dogs. I felt it was uncalled for, yet, I stay out of it). Maybe because there is such a widespread of ages between all members that comments are misunderstood, I don't know?

This is a fun and exciting site, you have busted your tail to make it special for all of us and I for one sincerely thank you and truly appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for reading my comment and I hope this does not come across in a negative way as it is not meant to be.

luckymee / kadwash@comcast.net