Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/07/2008  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/07/2008
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:35:03 PM »
The Price is Right - Jan. 7, 2008
Production #4133K - Taped Oct. 17, 2007

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup:right to left
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Tamiko Nash, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood
Wearing: Carabella

1   Motorized Treadmill (T)
CYNTHIA 2500 CHRISTINE 1100 KEVIN 1101 DOMNIQUE *1900 ($1900)

Dominique plays BARGAIN BAR fo two trips...

Chicago (6n @ Burnham)(B)$4207$5207$1000
Cancun (6n @ Wyndham)(R)PICK$4128$4628$  500LOSS

2   Stainless Dishwasher (R)
+Cynthia 1200 +Christina 999 +Kevin *1000 SEAN "875, Bob" ($1159)

Kevin plays DICE GAME for a Chevy Impala LS (Std., ALB, BlkHtr)(B)

[6]
Rolls:   $2[5][2][5][6]
[2][1][5]WIN!

3   Coleman Camping Equipment (B)
+Cynthia 1400 +Christina 1 DENISE *875 Sean 1000 ($960)

Denise from Cleveland, OH plays for an American 14.6 Day Sailer (R&T)

→ $6957   LOSS   ($7596)

SHOWDOWN #1
$960Denise  15 + 80.95
1,900Dominique1001.00*$1000*   Bonus 75   Through to Showcase Round
23,774Kevin  20 + 45.65

4   VocoPro Duet Karaoke System (R)
+Cynthia *600 +Christina "1, DREW" JAMES 775 Sean "500, Bob" ($739)

Cynthia plays HOLE IN ONE (...or two) for a Chevy Equinox LS (Std., V6, AT, OnStar)(T)($22,995)

(6) (Fancy Feast) Cat Food (single)$.79
(1) (Bruce's) Yams(29 oz)1.79
(2) (Clorox) Disinfecting Wipes3.99
(4) NutraMist Crave Control7.99
(5) (Downy) Fabric Softener6.99
(3) (Bayer) Low Dose Aspirin (120)

Drew's Inspiration Putt: Straight but too hard.
Cynthia's Putt(s) from Line 4 (she's a lefty): pulled right; straight in.   WIN!

5   Assorted Art Supplies (T)
BERNARD 350 +Cynthia 400 James *401 Sean 275 ($624)
STUPID BIDSTUPID BID

James plays MAKE YOUR MOVE

USS
Enterprise
Telephone
Bradley Digital
Smoker (R)
Westley Allen Garden Day Bed/
Strobel Supplepedic (B)
7 0 6 0 8 4 8 4 6 WIN!

Christina got one-upped moments ago in a lowball One-Bid. That won't happen again since she has the last bid. What couple happen is that she fails to escape the Row, and that has its consequences - like, banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club, an appointment with Mimi, etc. Can she find a way to avoid it?

6   Justex Aspera Men's Watch (from above)
Bernard 1500 +Christina 1 KAREN 1700 Sean *1765 ($2330)

Christina heads off to the clubhouse while Sean from Long Beach, CA plays SECRET X for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (R&T)($7213)

F
X
Doggie MP3 Holder 35/61 $ 35 $ 35 *
Pig Humidifier 11/30 30 30 *
LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2Spinoff
$2,395Sean40 + 20.60
6,148James45 + 20.65.80Through to Showcase Round
23,724Cynthia45 + 20.65.35

SHOWCASE ROUND
---- has the honor.

SC1-James Magnussen Biltmore Dining Group
Noritake Chatalaine Dinnerware/Alere Stemware
"It's It" Ice Cream Sanwiches (1200)(B0
Dodge Caliber SE (Std., Stereo)(T)
BID$18,500
PRICE25,300
DIFF–6,800
TOTAL$31,448
SC2-Dominique HOW TO TELL IF YOU HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY
$1000 (R)
Trip to Brussels (6n)(T)
Fleetwood Pegasus 210FQ Travel Trailer (B)
BID$23,500
PRICE31,534
DIFF–8,034
TOTAL$  2,900

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $85,201

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:29:03 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline MDupont

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/07/2008
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:44:55 PM »
Today's show was cool. Drew had funny moments today especially when he let Kevin try on his glasses. My only issue is that there were two contestants from the same group. Is that allowed? I have been watching TPIR for a while now and I have never seen two contestants from the same party. Oh well, it was a fun show.
Dorothy to Rose: So what? You put an ad in the personals column that said I will do anything for eight dollars an hour?! Right under an ad that reads, "History professor seeking non-smoking Oriental woman who is into Wesson Oil and bears a resemblance to Florence Henderson."

-From the Golden Girls

Offline Heidi

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52:30 PM »
A few years ago, I saw an episode of TPIR where they called two contestants from the same group, so yes it's allowed and has happened before.

Good show today, two cars given away, nice showcase prizes won!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »
I liked this show today...

IUFB 1: Kevin one-ups Christina.

Bargain Bar: Both Trips presented by the letter "C!"  It was tough tossup in my honest opinion.  I went along with Dominique's hunch of Cancun and we both lost.
Oh one note---Drew mentions Bob Barker, not "Ezekiel."

IUFB 2: Kevin one ups Christina again---this time it pays off.

Before Dice Game: I thought it was funny when Kevin and Drew switched their eyeglasses.

Dice Game: This was definitely a nice win by Kevin.

IUFB 3: Christina, Denise won, not you!  Go back to your seat!

Coming or Going: Another total tossup---both prices looked right to me.  I went 7596.  Denise goes 6957 and loses.

Hole in One: I had a feeling Cynthia mixed up the Bayer, Downy, and the Nutrimist....
As for her putts---her first one was terrible, the second one, perfect for the Chevy!
Oh, there was an blooper during the GP part--Cynthia said the Clorox wipes and I believe Rachel brought the wrong flag---Downy....

IUFB 5: Now James decides to one up Christina....gosh Christina is NOT having a good day with those one-ups!  Also, Sean and Bernard's bids had me going  :headbang:

Make your Move: The telephone was obvious, the other two could have gone either way.  I said 70/6084/846.   I lost.  James goes 70/608/4846 with some audience disapproval.  James won!!!

IUFB 6: I think that Men's watch was on steroids!  Tough break for Christina going to the FFBC.

Secret X: Sean breezes through the SPs.  But Roger put the X on the bottom, again!!!!  Thanks Roger for screwing Sean!!! 

Showcases: My opinion on the bids: James' bid only covered the Dodge and the Ice Cream, but not the dining room.  Dominique's bid only covered the cash and trailer, but not the trip.
James won today with over $31,000 in stuff today!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 05:57:28 PM by Richie »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »
BBB: That was kinda tough.  Ow.

OB2: "875, Bob"! HA!  :lol:

DICEY: Kevin and Drew switching glasses: PRICELESS!  :lol: Great win.

OB3: Christine: pay attention! Sit down.

COGGY: Owwww.

SD1: $1000!

HOLEY: I knew she messed up the GPs.  She's a southpaw!  Great 2nd putt for the win.  Drew: "I suck." Drew's putts haven't been bad, just a little too hard.  He'll get it with practice.

OB5: $350? $275?

MYM: The phone was easy.  The other two were a tossup.  I picked the right one.

OB6: Say hi to Mimi for me, Christina.

X: Owwwwww. The Evil Bottom X Strikes Again!

OVERALL: 3.5/5.  Not a bad show.  Some great funny moments.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »
Today was the first time in a very, very long time that all 3 prizes were shown after the description of the final prize during Make Your Move. Hopefully, this will stay. I always liked it. By the way, bring the old music back. The music used today did not fit.

Cynthia was fun. She did pretty well with the grocery products during Hole in One. I liked Drew's inspiration putt (even though he missed) and his talk about Cynthia being left handed. Maybe Drew will start letting the models do the inspiration putts again.

Sean seemed to have no clue how to play Secret X, or as I sometimes refer to it as Secret "+." Although, this could have been Drew's fault because he has explained the game better in the past. Sean seemed confused, but then again he did call Drew "Bob" over 4 times.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »
HOTTIES: #101, Denise :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: James
SHOW GRADE: 2
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:48:38 AM by heelsrule1988 »

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »
HOTTIES: #101, Denise :-D

Hate to disagree with you heels, I thought Christina was a hottie.

Offline Joltman

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »
Well, I really didn't think today's episode was all that good.
It did have its high points, however, when one/two of the contestants kept referring to Drew as Bob...for two IUFB's!

I think Secret X was set to fail again - last time I recall, it was in the same place as today's...I wonder if they keep doing this to finally throw people off guard - perhaps they have finally noticed everyone wants to win in the top two spaces?

Anyways:
Bargain Bar: Chicago seemed to be a little lower for me as well.
Dice Game: Great odds today. Good win.
C or G: Tough call today- I said 7k.
Hole in One: Not too bad, though the $7.99 item immediately gave it away...I knew the cleaner was cheaper, too.
Make Your Move: Too obvious today.
Secret X: Like mentioned above, obviously set up to fail today.

My Showcase Bids:
Auto: 18k (-7,300)
Trailer: 25k (-6,534)

Today was just meh - I hope the rest of the week is better.
Anyone know when the episodes are not going to be jumbled around and finally start airing in order again?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »
Barker's Bargain Bar: I went with Cancun too.  :evil:

IUFB #2: $875, Bob!  :oldlol:

Pre-PG #2: Very funny with Kevin trying on Drew's glasses.  :oldlol:

Dice Game: The third number had me worried. Luckily Kevin got it and eventually won the car.

IUFB #3: $1000, Bob!  :oldlol: Hey Christina, Denise won not you.

Coming Or Going: I had a feeling that boat was $7596.

SCSD #1: I wanted Kevin or Denise to win.

IUFB #4: $500, Bob!  :oldlol: At least Christina suck it up to Sean by saying $1, Drew! :oldlol:

Hole In One (Or Two): Cynthia messed with the GPs. Drew almost got his inspiration putt in the hole. Just a little hard. Cynthia's first putt wasn't that good. The second one was much better leading her to win the car.

Make Your Move: Those would have been my picks as well.

Secret X: Sean did everything right. But the DOB had other plans.  :evil:

Showcases: The bids that James and Dominique weren't really that good. At least neither of them went over. However James' showcase was closer making him the big winner today.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 05:42:44 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Wow, two contestants from the same group and wearing the same shirt!  Oh, and Fireball Hottie #18--Dominique! :P And a SCORE!

Carey's Cheap Crap:  First of all, how was Cancun worth over $4,000?  Second, how was that game lost?  Airfare to Mexico is notoriously cheap, compared to airfare to Chi-town.

Before One-Bid #2:  "American Gladiators" reference by Drew!  Very timely, considering that AG returned to TV last night.

Craps:  Kevin certainly had Lady Luck on his side.  There was so much that could've gone wrong with his rolling a 2 and two 5s... and the price having a 1 and a 6 in it.

Coggy:  A tossup if there ever was one.  Only a $639 difference between the two choices.

Mini-Golf:  Fourth?!  First time since... wow, it's never been played fourth before!  That explains why I felt that this game in the 4 slot didn't seem right.

MYM:  SUCK CUE!  Though I did like that all three prizes were shown together after the descriptions.

Tic-Tac-Toe:  Is Roger deliberately trying to force losses in this game?  How many times in the last two seasons has he put that secret X in the bottom row?

My showcase bids:
Starcrossed with Car--$23,607
:frts: --$27,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »

Tic-Tac-Toe:  Is Roger deliberately trying to force losses in this game?  How many times in the last two seasons has he put that secret X in the bottom row?

I think it was 2 times that Roger put the X on the bottom in Season 35 (one of those playings was for a car by the way, the other Jonathan lost an Ireland trip on it)--somebody correct me here if I'm wrong.

Concerning this season alone, Roger did put the X on the bottom on 3 consecutive playings in a row on the 11/5/2007 episode, the 11/12/2007 episode, and this one. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 05:58:40 PM by Richie »

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »
My only issue is that there were two contestants from the same group. Is that allowed? I have been watching TPIR for a while now and I have never seen two contestants from the same party. Oh well, it was a fun show.

It happens, but not too often.  I can remember an episode in 1990 where a wedding party was at the show, and 3 contestants from the group were called. One member won the showcase so the entire party ended up on stage at the end.  That was pretty cool.

Back in the early days, I remember a couple of episodes where in the showcase, the top winner and the runner up had come to the show together. During the 'winner's walk' at the credits, the only two people onstage besides Bob and the models were the top winner and the runner up, one having won the showcase and the other losing. If you didn't see the ending, you'd have had a hard time figuring out which person had won.  I like to see that kind of good sportsmanship.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 06:51:17 PM »
PG 1: not a good way to start the show....

PG 2: this was easy to win after the rolls were made. shouldnt have been lost.

PG 3: sad to see another loss.

SCS 1: 1K! nice!

PG 4: her alignment with the hole needs a little work, but great sinking on the second shot!

PG 5: shouldnt have been lost.

PG 6: Roger didnt seem to want this game won. the losing streak continues with this PG...

SCS 2: great exciting finish!

SC: there just had to be a  :frts:
-----------------------------------------------------
MY SHOWCASE BIDS:

1st: $23,700 (-1,600)
2nd: $20,000 (11,354 GARF) :frts:
-----------------------------------------------------
OVERALL GRADE: 3/5
SHOULD WATCH: yes, but not 100%.
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »
Barker's Bargain Bar: It's all those additional taxes we have around here that makes the price so expensive. (I cannot prove that; it's just my way of saying that I picked Chicago and would've lost because of it.)

Dice Game: If Kevin would've rolled another 2 or 5 in the last roll, this would've been one interesting play--going with the odds with that small possibility of losing.

Coming or Going: Takes me back to the recent Side by Side; I wasn't too sure at the start, but I would've Come as a final choice.

Hole in One... or Two: I just had a feeling the asprin should be adjacent to the wipes, but did not know where. I honestly did not know what Drew meant about the cameras having a good time until I saw the split screen. I thought they might inverse the views because Cynthia's a lefty (if that made any sense).

Make Your Move: The zeroes helped again. I wanted to use a low four-digit number for the bed and work my way from there.

One Bid 6: I was so interested in Sean's constant "Bob" calling, his nervousness in this One Bid, thinking he was one of the First Four. I forgot Christina was the possible Banishee.

Secret X: That reveal made me think about that recent instance where it looks like an edited loss.

Showcases: You have too much money if you can easily bid and win with little difference on Dominique's FRTS.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.