Author Topic: February Million Dollar Spectacular?  (Read 91316 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
February Million Dollar Spectacular?
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
According to the Big New Wheel, it says that February would be a Prime Time to take in a Price taping.  Would that be indicating that Drew & the gang will be doing a set of Million Dollar Spectacular's?  There's nothing on CBS, as of yet, about it.

jimlange

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: February Million Dollar Spectacular?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 12:18:39 PM »
Nah. I think it just means that its a good time to be there.  Crowds are probably low at this point, so getting in is probably easy. 
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
The wording seems a tad more then subtle.. lol.. I'm guessing there will be a MDS. Question is, when would it air? Sweeps week is during the month of February, and the next sweeps period wouldn't be until June.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:54:13 PM by Off_trak »
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
Actually that sweeps period would be in May, but depending on the tape schedule (and the writers strike), whatever this is could air as early as mid-to-late-February - and while it's a fair assumption I didn't see anything outright that would indicate an MDS.

Stay tuned.

cu2010: Knowing CGJ, he doesn't drop hints just to drop hints. There's something brewing here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 02:39:58 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »
It would prove interesting, considering how hot the wheel has been this season. Maybe finally someone will actually win $1,000,000.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »
I would like to see a MDS here sometime soon...maybe one IS in the works, especially with CBS in dire need for programs due to the writers strike.  I guess I don't see subtle hints when they are out there.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »
Mark your calendars:

February 22 & 29th, and March 7 & 14th, at 8:00pm each night.

They are being called "The Price is Right Prime Time Special" rather than 'Million Dollar Spectaculars' but that could change.

From CBS.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:45:30 PM by CBSpromoman »
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »
hmm.. budget cuts?.... still, any Price is a good Price

Offline tnpir4000

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 03:54:08 PM »
Price in primetime is still Price in primetime, and for all we know it could be an improved MDS format.  At the very least we can be sure of increased cash bonuses for everything, and I'd be willing to bet they're going to retouch the set a little for primetime just like they did while Bob was around.  It'll be interesting to see--IF it's true.  We all know how trustworthy the CBS website is by now.

Promoman, I looked but I didn't see the info you provided, are those the airdates or the tape dates?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:57:07 PM by tnpir4000 »
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »

Promoman, I looked but I didn't see the info you provided, are those the airdates or the tape dates?

Unless you're affiliated with a CBS station, there's nowhere for you to look and see this, yet.  I got it from program orders, which are sent to stations by the Network to advise of schedule changes. 

I expect CBS.com to get around to posting it within a couple of days.  Program orders almost always come first in the process, then the website gets the information online from them.

The dates are airdates...I have no idea when the episodes are being taped.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »
February 22 & 29th, and March 7 & 14th, at 8:00pm each night.

1. NO! NOT THE FRIDAY NIGHT DEATH SLOT!!! (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

and B.: Watch out, Bob Saget, if you're still around. Good thing my PVR has dual tuners.

Nice having a pipeline, isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 04:26:10 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »
The question is now... will they match it up with Power of Ten? My guess would be no... 2 hours of Drew? I can't see CBS doing that, really. However, Million Dollar Password does debut next month... now maybe there's a tagteam.

Offline tnpir4000

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »
Password + Price = Regis + Drew = Dry + Fun

Seems like a match worthy of a certain Gene Rayburn show that also taped in Studio 33 to me...
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »
Price in primetime is still Price in primetime, and for all we know it could be an improved MDS format.  At the very least we can be sure of increased cash bonuses for everything, and I'd be willing to bet they're going to retouch the set a little for primetime just like they did while Bob was around.  It'll be interesting to see--IF it's true.  We all know how trustworthy the CBS website is by now.

I'm willing to venture to guess they are taping at least two of the specials the week of February 4th. They just added the 7th (a Thursday, not a normal taping day) as a taping date as of today.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »
They should have coupled this with Power of 10.  Can you imagine the fun promotions they could have done with this?!  But Price has won its time slot before, no matter what night it was on.  Drew is no stranger to nighttime and since it is, maybe he will be given a little more freedom and time.

jimlange