Author Topic: Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special (GRAND FINALE; The End)  (Read 35179 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special (GRAND FINALE; The End)
« on: February 09, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »
GRRR-eetings superstars!  :-D

It's more than GoldenBulldog's Price is Right, it's Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special--a show like no other!  This show will have TWO hosts, myself and FieldsFan336; oh yes, this show is an MDS!  The last Play-Along show to have two hosts was Punchy's Price is Right--Joe Mello Edition; however, we are using an entirely different format than that show.  Here is our new format:
1.  FieldsFan336 will give us an "audience warm-up" to remind contestants about the rules (more on those later); she will host the first half (Acts 1-3) plus the first Showcase Showdown and the first Showcase. 

2.  I will host the second half (Acts 4-6), plus the second Showcase Showdown and the second Showcase.

3.  Fieldsy will reveal Showcase #1's ARP, and I will reveal Showcase #2's ARP; Fieldsy will handle the Showcase Million Dollar spin should we have one.

Now that the format is set, it's time for me to go over the rules: 
1.  24-hour deadline for bids, guesses, spins, etc.

2.  Miss once during a One-Bid, you're safe; miss twice during a One-Bid, you're out!  Miss during a PG, it counts in the books as an AUTOMATIC LOSS.

3.  During the first half of the show, Fieldsy will PM contestants who are called.  During the second half of the show, I will PM contestants who are called to the Row.  In each case, after you get a PM from either me or Fieldsy, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check up on this thread daily.

Now, there is gonna be an "audition" process to this show, and this is MANDATORY OPTIONAL.  I'm gonna pull a Stan Blits and MSTieScott and ask you to give me a caption to the picture below:

All of you know that I used to use this picture as my avatar; this is a pic of me and Daisy.  Let's see if you can come up with a caption that describes the picture above.  The most humorous captions will get to "COME ON DOWN" and win some fantastic prizes!  The show starts on Tuesday, February 12 @ 7:00 PM (CST), so sign up and GOOD LUCK!!  :-D

(EDIT:  I decided to make the "audition" optional, since I'm a nice guy. Actually, the more people we've got in our contestant pool, the bigger the impact this show's gonna have.  Let's make this show the greatest H.Y.O. show in history!  :-D)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:21:58 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special (SIGN-UPS!!)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »
FIRST!

"Who farted?"
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline ChinookUT

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 09:10:32 PM »
I'm in!

"Daisy said she became quite drunk at the party that night, and that it really came back to haunt her after I arrived.  I'm not sure what she meant by that..."
ChinookUT: Avid Price watcher since ~1985

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 09:14:13 PM »
count me in!:)

"ok theres a creepy guy with his arm around me. just keep smiling and look at the camera as if evrythings normal"

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 09:19:43 PM »
Daisy: "I hope he never uses this one day to audition people for an online version of Price is Right."
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
as a fellow Team GRRR member, how can i not turn this down?

Daisy: "Why do i bother with him? He's just going to marry Fieldsy anyway..."   :-D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 09:25:26 PM by stormy41992 »
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 11:23:42 PM »
We have a good crowd forming already; let's keep it up!  Some of your captions are impressive so far; keep 'em coming!  Hope you guys and gals like our new format for this show; it's gonna be special indeed!  :-D

*sneaks into the arena's sound room and blares AC/DC's "Thunderstruck"*
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 11:45:18 PM »
Please get this weirdo away from me before I vomit!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 12:16:25 AM »
GRRR! I'm in!

CAPTION: "This picture would have a proper caption. But we didn't feel like writing one.  Takes too much time, and thought into writing one.  Instead, just enjoy this picture of a lady and this...weird guy sitting next to her."   

BOTH: "Who was responsible for this caption? You? You're fired!  (Bully) And I'm not that 'weird guy sitting next to her', either!" :D 
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Trivia Trap

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Thinks Hes Seen Finish Line
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »
GoldenBulldog just GoldenFarted right infront of his new stove combo. Da da da da... awwww BOOOOOOM.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:06:27 PM by Trivia Trap »

Offline MasterKeyFan

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 07:02:26 AM »
I'll play!  :-)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »
I'll play!

CAPTION: For the new version of TPIR, Daisy was required to stand with a male model in front of a new microwave/stove combo.  :D
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

Daisy: Why is this dummy growling all of his G's?!
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 06:58:12 PM »
Daisy: Oi, white collared shirts were so January of 2008......
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »
Bulldog takes his admiration of Marc Green to a new level with the golden-road.net "my nipples are hard" collar shirt.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker