Author Topic: Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special (GRAND FINALE; The End)  (Read 35191 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special (SIGN-UPS!!)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:54 PM »
OK, here's a recap of the sign-up list as of tonight:

1.  BRBTheFireball
2.  ChinookUT
3.  The_Great_Butler
4.  tpiradam
5.  stormy41992
6.  wpghi5
7.  cu2010
8.  Trivia Trap
9.  MasterKeyFan
10.  Flerbert419
11.  Turbo
12.  Enzo Aquarius
13.  sideshowPA
14.  Jnelson09
15.  catfan2002

Let's see if we can pack the house Tuesday night!  In the meantime...

*KISS' "Rock and Roll All Night" plays over the speakers, followed by Madonna's "Get Into the Groove"*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:20:05 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »
"On a scale of one to ten, I always give him a ten... Then he gives himself an eleven."
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 11:16:25 PM »
put me in
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »
Daisy: Why do you have Queen "We are the Champions" playing?

Bully: Because we are, Daisy. We are.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special (AUDIENCE WARM-UP)
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 10:55:09 PM »
[Introduction to "Innuendo" plays]

Off-Stage Voice: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT!  Get on your feet, Corpus Christi, and welcome the announcer for this great event!  Ladies and gentlemen, let's give a big Texas welcome to Rich Fields!

[Audience goes wild as Rich enters center stage]

Rich: How's everybody doing? (Crowd cheers) I can't hear you, how are you tonight? (Crowd cheers even louder) Now that's more like it!  I tell you, it's great to be here in Corpus Christi, Texas! (Crowd goes nuts)

I can see why nobody messes with Texas (Cheers, laughter) You're getting two hosts for the price of one - a real once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  One is one of your own (more cheers), the other has come all the way from Canada to join in this celebration.  Now I hear they're really good friends, AND she's my biggest fan, so I hope you'll make her feel welcome.  You'll do that, right? (cheering)
Now I don't have a lot of jokes planned, my writers are still on strike (laughter).  Got you with that one, didn't you?  Seriously, I'm keeping the jokes to a minimum - but we're still going to have some fun.  We've got tons of GRRReat prizes to give away - wait, did I just say GRRR out loud (laughter) - and there's a possibility that someone in this arena will walk out a millionaire! (cheers) Could it be one of you?  Let's hear it! (Thunderous applause, loud cheering)

So let's get down to business - I was asked to give you a recap of the rules for this event for all the potential contestants

1.  24-hour deadline for bids, guesses, spins, etc.

2.  Miss once during a One-Bid, you're safe; miss twice during a One-Bid, you're out!  Miss during a PG, it counts in the books as an AUTOMATIC LOSS.

3.  During the first half of the show, Stephanie will PM contestants who are called.  During the second half of the show, John will PM contestants who are called to the Row.  In each case, after you get a PM from either of our two hosts, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check up on this thread daily.

Stephanie will be hosting the first half along with the first Showcase Showdown and Showcase, and John will take over for the second half, the second Showcase Showdown and the second Showcase.  You must remain seated until the two come through the big doors

But what's the most important rule?

Crowd: HAVE FUN!

Rich: Couldn't have said it better myself!  So let's have some fun, win some prizes and blow the roof off this place! (Loud cheers)  Enjoy the show!

["Come On Down" Remix plays as Rich goes to the podium]
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 07:45:01 AM »
*screams wildly with the rest of the audience*
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »
*screams wildly with the rest of the audience*

Ditto here too.  :-D

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »
*canned audience screams*

Yay!  :-D :-D
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
GRRR!

Let's get this party started!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Trivia Trap

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Thinks Hes Seen Finish Line
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »
Every time GoldenBulldog or Rich Fields doesnt call Trivia Trap down, god will kill a kitten. Please, think of the kitttens.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 03:40:33 PM »
Every time GoldenBulldog or Rich Fields doesnt call Trivia Trap down, god will kill a kitten. Please, think of the kitttens.
You didn't capitalize God's name!  Blasphemer! :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 06:27:45 PM »
Let's get this party started, shall we?  :-D

A Golden-Road/CBS Special Presentation
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: Team GRRR's First Anniversary Special (INTRO & IUFB1)
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 08:12:54 PM »
["One Vision" by Queen plays as camera pans cheering crowd]

Rich: Here it comes!  Live from America Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas, it's a celebration of a friendship that has stood a year and will go on forever - and television's most exciting hour of fantastic prizes, the fabulous 60-minute Price Is Right Spectacular!

Turbo...COME ON DOWN!

stormy41992...COME ON DOWN!

sideshowPA...COME ON DOWN!

And tpiradam...COME ON DOWN!

You are the first 4 contestants on the Team GRRR First Anniversary Special on "The Price Is Right"!  And now, here are the stars of "The Price is Right", better known as John and Stephanie...GOLDENBULLDOG AND FIELDSFAN336!

[Audience goes ballistic as Bully and Fieldsy walk through Door #2 towards center stage, Fieldsy waves to the crowd.  From opposite ends of the stage, Brandi and Rachel hand them their microphones]

Bully:  Wow, what a great crowd!  Thank you so much, and welcome to the Team GRRR first anniversary celebration here on "The Price is Right"! (Crowd cheers loudly) It's great to be here tonight, and I would like to introduce you to my co-host who will be working with you for the first half of the show, my Team GRRR teammate Stephanie.  Let's give her a big hand!

(Crowd cheers wildly)

Fieldsy: Thank you for that great welcome, I know we're going to have some fun tonight.  Lots of prizes to give away, and if you're lucky enough, you could be a millionaire too!  So let's get the party started.  Rich, what's the first item up for bids on our show tonight?

(Door #2 opens, trip cue plays)

Rich: It's a fabulous trip to Toronto! (Crowd oohs and applauds, Lanisha models the trip card) You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Corpus Christi to Toronto, Canada for a 7-night stay at the Westin Harbor Castle Hotel right near the city's waterfront.  Enjoy the sights and the sounds of this truly unique Canadian destination!

Fieldsy: Wow, a trip to Toronto.  I will personally show the winner around, because I actually live near there.  Let's get the bidding underway.  Turbo, what do you bid on that great trip?

Bidding Order:
Turbo
stormy41992
sideshowPA
tpiradam
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:34:37 PM by FieldsFan336 »
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 08:19:23 PM »
Ah, the obligatory trip to Toronto...Fieldsy's home (sorta)! A wonderful place, if I say so myself...  :D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »
2599!
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."