Author Topic: TPIR official video game released!  (Read 97445 times)

Offline mparrish11

• Outside in Line
Re: TPIR official video game released!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
JC-

Who gets the revenue generated from the prizes that link to an external website?

Thx!
Matt

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »
I haven't tried it yet! I'll give it a shot when I get home from work, but ...

:O :O :O

YVES CORBEIL !!!

:O :O :O

I'm definitely getting the French version! As much as we sometimes make fun of him in Quebec, he's still a great voice for voiceover!

For those who care (:)), here is Yves Corbeil hosting what he's most popular for, "La Roue de Fortune" (I guess you can translate it to Wheel Of Fortune, but it's not the same game. It's a scratch lottery that can give you the chance to spin the wheel on TV to win money).

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:21:40 AM by Franc »

Offline cool245flashmail

• In the Audience
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
JC, I asked this earlier, but I didn't see it answered in your post: Can I purchase the full game now or do I have to wait until it is released to the general public? I don't want to enter my credit info if it doesn't work.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »
It's (in the Bag's) still the same game, more or less.
Actually, More or Less is a completely different game.  ;)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2008, 11:23:33 AM »
I have only one gripe:  No Splendido cue when I won $1.00 on the wheel!!!! oh well, I can just play it myself when I win!!!

Corbin, the cue that plays during the Showcase Showdown is Dig We Must.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline MrGameShow

• Outside in Line
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2008, 12:12:13 PM »
Well I tried the game last night, and while the game LOOKS great, I'm a little disappointed.

Why was the choice made to do all these video clips rather than graphically represent the prizes? I thought that you'd have much more flexibility if you were using generic prizes such as the "refreshing bottle of water" and then set a base price with a range of flexibility for the game to vary the price so you don't automatically know that the cookies are 55c the next time you play. This would have raised the replay value HUGE!

Displays: playing games like Plinko, it seemed like (from earlier postings on this site) that detailing things like the Eggcrate scorepod to display scores "properly" rather than dropping a generic font in there were something the team was striving for to keep the truism of the show in tact. As well, the prize tags in games like 'Hole In One' showing "Item3" "Item1" - that's not something I'd expect to have seen in a game I'm suppose to buy. A condensed font with "COOKIES" and "SHAMPOO" could be easily placed there with some scaling perhaps.

I used the 30 minutes of the trial and that was enough to make me decide that while the game looks fantastic (kudos to the graphic department for great replications!), game play just didn't do enough for me to warrant spending the money to buy the 'pre-release'.

Really hoping the changes for the "retail" version make me decide otherwise!

Offline mmarlin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 01:10:30 PM »
What are the system requirements for this game?

I am getting "stuttering" going on....I even closed other programs.

Other than that, it looks like a great game. Even though I got beat the first time out.

:D

Offline JC_Ludia

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »
Will the pc retail version be $19.99or higher?

I don't know how much it will cost - Ubisoft is publishing the game, so I assume they'll have some say in the price point.

Quote from: mparrish11
Who gets the revenue generated from the prizes that link to an external website?

I'm not 100% certain as to how it works, as I didn't see the contracts. I'll ask our marketing department to see if it's something they're willing to disclose.

Quote from: cool245flashmail
JC, I asked this earlier, but I didn't see it answered in your post: Can I purchase the full game now or do I have to wait until it is released to the general public? I don't want to enter my credit info if it doesn't work.

Yes you can buy it.

Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Actually, More or Less is a completely different game.  Wink

Indeed it is :)

Quote from: mmarlin
What are the system requirements for this game?

Straight from our QA guy: 1ghz processor, 32mb video card, 512mb of ram under XP, 1gig of ram under Vista.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep em coming!

Offline theworstboy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »
I'm having problems!

OK, I download the 100 megs or so, run the installer, relaunch my PC to have as clean of a slate as I possibly can, and then click the Price is Right icon.

I get the window from the wrapper, you have a 30 minute trial, wakka-wakka, I click it to start, and? And?

The Price is Right has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

OK, I send Microsoft my error report. I'm pretty sure it goes into the ether, but somewhere in my heart I'm hoping that in my small way, I'm helping the economy. Some schlub in Redmond (Mumbai?) has the job to wade through all those reports, right?

Fine, great, great. So I try to launch it again, and the same thing happens. But, wait, whaaa?

It looks like every time I try to launch it, I get dinged another minute off my trial time!

JC--you seem like a solid fella. And I appreciate the care that has ostensibly gone into this game. I want to like this thing, really! But I can't say I'm convinced yet that parting with my Jackson note (or "Queen Liz" in Canadian English) is the thing for me to do.

All I wanna do is come out and play!

Offline hobbitrjw

• In the Audience
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
One question I had in the other thread on this game,was if somewhere down the road there will be like a patch or something  for prizes and ARP's for new ones to be added and such so things get kept fresh so there are not a lot of repeats,I still wonder about that.

Also I think the game is great,one thing though,I tested out party mode and when it came time for the spin off to decide the second person in the showcase,one of the players spun $1.00 but did not get the $1,000 and bonus spin.

Offline JC_Ludia

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »
I'm having problems!

OK, I download the 100 megs or so, run the installer, relaunch my PC to have as clean of a slate as I possibly can, and then click the Price is Right icon.

I get the window from the wrapper, you have a 30 minute trial, wakka-wakka, I click it to start, and? And?

The Price is Right has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

OK, I send Microsoft my error report. I'm pretty sure it goes into the ether, but somewhere in my heart I'm hoping that in my small way, I'm helping the economy. Some schlub in Redmond (Mumbai?) has the job to wade through all those reports, right?

Fine, great, great. So I try to launch it again, and the same thing happens. But, wait, whaaa?

It looks like every time I try to launch it, I get dinged another minute off my trial time!

JC--you seem like a solid fella. And I appreciate the care that has ostensibly gone into this game. I want to like this thing, really! But I can't say I'm convinced yet that parting with my Jackson note (or "Queen Liz" in Canadian English) is the thing for me to do.

All I wanna do is come out and play!

Feel free to PM me your DXDiag file - I'll send it over to our tech guys and see if we can reproduce it in-house!

Quote from: hobbitrjw
One question I had in the other thread on this game,was if somewhere down the road there will be like a patch or something  for prizes and ARP's for new ones to be added and such so things get kept fresh so there are not a lot of repeats,I still wonder about that.

Also I think the game is great,one thing though,I tested out party mode and when it came time for the spin off to decide the second person in the showcase,one of the players spun $1.00 but did not get the $1,000 and bonus spin.

We might do patches to add more products in the future - it'll mostly depend on how well the game sells.

As for your other question, the additional spinoff in Party Mode is there strictly for determining the second player in the Showcase. No bonus may be won from this spin.

Offline Dom_Ludia

• Outside in Line
  • Artist at LUDIA, maker of the official TPIR Game
    • Dom2D
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
Can I say this game rocks even if I worked on it?

:-D

Offline hobbitrjw

• In the Audience
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply JC,I really enjoy the game a lot,and I hope you guys do some patches in the future,because that is a huge selling point (for me,at least)  because I have always seen other Game show PC Games where like questions and answers get very repetitive quickly and that loses their replay-ability. If you see what I mean.

Now if only I could win more than $2,000 on Plinko :P

Offline JC_Ludia

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »
Can I say this game rocks even if I worked on it?

:-D

You certainly can, my good friend. :)

This is Dom, he's the artist who's worked the longest on the game. If you have art complaints, you can talk to him! :)

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »
Right now i have absolutely no complaints about this game. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite things of this game involves the arts. I love at the beginning when it pans through the audience, like the opening of TPiR. I love having that full screen, it just gets my heart pumping!
Signatures are overrated.