Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > Price is Right Video Collection

MDS music in Other Primetime Specials and Bob's 50 Years in TV Special

(1/1)

Teddy:
I don't know about any of you, but the opening theme on the Million Dollar Spectacular is one of my favorite musical pieces on the show (maybe because I'm hopelessly addicted to saxophone music  :biggrin:). Also note that the consolation prize music is the same as the opening theme, but the saxophone solo is replaced by a flute. Lots of people tend to forget that the song first appeared in the 30th Anniversary Special of 2002 (one year before the MDS came to be), but it's easy to see why, considering that it's best identified with the MDS. Plus I've thrown in clips from the primetime special celebrating Bob's 50 years on the air just for good measure.

Here's where the MDS opening music originated, on the TPIR 30th Anniversary Special:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdHH8gN6p6s
From the Bob Barker 50 Years in Television Special (again with the MDS opening theme):
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrGgTrOMgY
Part 2:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG3HgHjowNI
Part 3:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_hqMhtTew
Part 4:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_8o3dSDZg0
And Part 5 (with the MDS consolation prize music to start it off):
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ZgJFS6oK0

crinos43:
Great videos. Too bad I missed the 50 years in TV special. Great to see it on here.

TwinsMetsFan:
If you listen closely, the opening strains of the music used during the presentation of the Corvette in part 5 of Bob's 50 Years in TV special is now the "sting" used for the MDS when Drew reveals the million dollar pricing game or the possibility of winning $1 Million in the showcase.

PIR85:

--- Quote from: TwinsMetsFan on April 06, 2008, 08:36:37 PM ---If you listen closely, the opening strains of the music used during the presentation of the Corvette in part 5 of Bob's 50 Years in TV special is now the "sting" used for the MDS when Drew reveals the million dollar pricing game or the possibility of winning $1 Million in the showcase.

--- End quote ---

Good catch!  Does anyone know if that track is available from the Killer Tracks library?

GoldenBulldog:
Also notice that the cue for the Lincoln/boat combination in Showcase #1 on the special celebrating Bob's fifty years on TV is the same cue that was played during last Friday's MDS when the Viper was revealed.  Marc told me in that he thought that the name of that particular cue was known as "Baseball's Best", but I've also heard that the cue in question was actually an old theme to the MSG Network (for your sports fans in New York). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version