Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 04/04/2008  (Read 30854 times)

Offline mmarlin

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 04/04/2008
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »
A picture of the Golden Road contortionist is HERE.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:32:12 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Martin

• Outside in Line
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 11:06:33 AM »
I'll preface this by saying, I'm thrilled that TPIR is doing well in primetime, but I'm not gonna drink the TPIR kool-aid here, I'm gonna go against the grain.   I am losing interest in the MDS; I'm a TPIR freak as much as the next guy, but when they are putting the Million Dollar game on a platter like that, it doesn't make it special.  What I like about game shows is when the improbable happens, that wasn't the improbable.  I'll take a simple example, a mediocre game show like Tic Tac Dough was interesting to people because it was easy enough to play along with and answer questions correctly, but it was when someone would get one wrong (the improbable)and the tides would turn is when the game was somewhat interesting.  The game didn't have huge payouts, it's not about the payout, it's about the game play.  When you make the 2 prizes $899 and $999 in clock game, I bet 75% of the audience would nail that, b/c most of the audience are TPIR fans.  To give $5000 for those prizes in 30 seconds is almost as ridiculous as $1 Million in 10 seconds.  By the way, has anyone ever nailed a prize on their first guess ever?  OK, rant over

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2008, 11:25:57 AM »
I can't believe CBS waited to air this particular special until now, it was chock full of amazing wins.

Wow, once again we see Golden Road in primetime.  The dots looked awesome against the black floor.  I was kind of expecting something more expensive than a Viper at the end, but I can't believe that it was won!  This is the first time in the Drew Carey era that Golden Road was won and I loved Mary's and Drew's reaction to the win.

Well, Clock Game as the Million Dollar Game tonight, interesting.  I guess trying to win both prizes in 10 seconds or less kind of easier than trying to get 3 Plinko chips in the $20,000 slot and dropping the golden chip into the center slot, or risking $25,000 and trying to pick the box out of 15 that has the million dollars. 

I was kind of amazed that Cynthia managed to guess the price of the sofa on the nose.  But that brings up the question of should the clock ticked down one second if someone guessed correctly?  But it was kind of nerve-racking to see her try for the exerciser because the price could have been anywhere but $999 to the average viewer, in my opinion.  it was great to see that someone finally won the Million Dollar Game.

Well, this is the first time the Golden Road winner spun in a position other than last in the showcase showdown.  We won't see that happen again for a long time.

I really thought Jennie was going to lose Any Number because she was so close to winning the luggage, but I was amazed that she managed to pull off a win with a tricky price.

I thought we would have a chance at a perfect show today until we saw Plinko; it was a shame to see Alexander win only one chip.

Most Expensive for three trips makes its debut in the Drew Carey era!  It really is a shame to see it lost; I never thought those trips to Buenos Aires and Antigua would be so expensive.

Also, this is the first time in a while that three cars appeared in a showcase, that was pretty cool!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Heidi

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »
Great show last night!  Nice to see someone win $1 million in the pricing game portion.  4 out of 6 games won too, including two cars, and a three car showcase!

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »
Tonight's show was unbelievable, I absolutely loved it, my heart was pounding, and I was almost on the edge of my seat during the whole episode!

Golden Road - Oh how I have missed this game, I am so glad to see this in an MDS, and the golden dots look amazing with the black floor! The Viper looked absolutely spectacular in high definition! In regards to Mary's 'interesting' posture after winning the Viper, some people would be screaming in agony.  :lol:

Grand Game - Datevik, now that is a great name! Of course, we have the three 'easy-peazy' prizes, but I personally think this wasn't the hardest set-up. Supplement is always a no-no, but the Flintstones gummies could be tricky. I personally said Alka Seltzer, and so did Datevik, and she wins a good sum of $20000!

Clock Game - Sorry Sally, but you lost your title.  :cry: Now this is how you play Clock Game...apart from starting in the thousands. This, so far, seems to be the easiest MD game to win. Anybody who watches TPiR a lot (LFaT) could've got this one, the prices were just screaming for a win. If the Dob didn't want the million won, he would've had something like '$922'. Cudos to Cynthia!

SCSD #1 - Just wow....the Golden Road winner is second in line. I doubt we'll EVER see this again.   :-P

Any Number - This could've went anyway after she guessed 6. That luggage could've easily been $765, but Jennie took a risk and won the car!

Plinko - BLEH! What a way to ruin a perfect run, especially in an MDS. Also, I'm sorry to say, but $40 for a soft-cover book?

Most Expensive - Oooh, all three doors being used for a game, very nice. Too bad James didn't win, those were some pretty fancy trips.  :-(

Showcase 1 - OUCH, that boat must be EXPPPPEEEENNNNSSIVE. I personally got a Garf of the Millenium with this.
Showcase 2 - This would've been a perfect showcase for James. If only Cynthia had increased her bid by $3000 to $78000, she would've been a multi-millionaire...and caused the Dob to enter cardiac arrest.  :lol:

Overall, just a really amazing show, if not one of the best of this season!
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »
But that brings up the question of should the clock ticked down one second if someone guessed correctly?

I'm wondering what are the exact timing rules myself. The host always says, "The clock will start with your first bid on that prize."  The host doesn't say "the clock will start after your first bid," but in 99% of the playings I've seen, the clock starts after the bid is made. I guess it's not a huge deal since she won the money, but I like to know the little details of this show such as this.

Offline PlinkoChip

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »
One of the greatest MDSes out of this set, if not out of them all!
Golden Road: FINALLY! After months of absence in daytime we get to see the Golden Road agan! Notice how Drew commented on the presence of the road. I wonder if they plan to take the road away again (hope not). Lovely Viper, and AWESOME WIN. Nearly a $100K haul there!
Grand Game: This was a bit easier than I'd have thought they would do on a MDS (I already knew the vitamins were really expensive and I immediately knew the calcium would be more than the alka-seltzer.
Clock Game: Finally, after One Away, a MDG that's actually possible, and Cynthia proved it! When she got the first price on her first guess I knew she was going to win. Drew seemed so excited, he was trying to go faster than he'd ever gone with the highers and lowers to help her win, and she did! Now this is how you play Clock Game!
SCSD1: You know it's a good day when a Golden Road winner isn't at the back of the line, and it's even weirder when behind her is a Clock Game winner! It was exciting to see Cynthia make it to the showcase.
Any Number: Another nice win. Can't say much because it pales in comparison to the first half.
Plinko: Okay, so I missed the third small prize, but you have to be REALLY clueless to be wrong on the first two items. At least he managed $1000.
Most Expensive: Yay! Three-trip Most Expensive makes the jump to Drew Carey primetime! If only he'd have won.
Showcases: I was glad Cynthia won, but I kinda wanted her to win another million dollars as well.
Insert signature here.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
I definitely should have been watching this instead of the hockey game last night. (Heels knows what I mean.) TG4Innertube.

Clock Game: Consider this a lesson. Never go to Wikipedia before watching TPIR in prime time. Some people (I don't think they're on this forum) don't seem to understand things like time zones and West Coast delays. Grrrrrrr....

I once complained when I found out about a Wheel of Fortune $100,000 bonus win in the form of an entry on my Wikipedia watchlist three hours before the show aired on most stations in the Eastern Time Zone. (The edit summary actually said "THERE WAS A $100K WIN TONIGHT!"or something just as blatant.) I was told by the offender (who got the show at 4:00 ET in eastern Canada) that if I didn't want to be spoiled, I shouldn't go to Wikipedia until after I watched the show. Some people DO know about time zones and West Coast delays, they just think it's more important for them and only them to be the first ones to announce something to the world.

John

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 02:08:07 PM »
Golden Road:  Finally, someone won all three prizes this season! :biggrin:  Awesome! :biggrin:
Grand Game:  Great win! :biggrin:
Clock Game:  One word:  UNBELIEVABLE!! :biggrin:
Any Number:  I thought for sure that (a) 5 was the last number in the luggage and (b)the other 2 was the second number in the price of the car.  Nice win! :biggrin:
Plinko:  Stinko! :-(
Most Expensive - Trip Edition:  Too bad! :biggrin:  I thought for sure James had it!
Showcases - THREE cars in one Showcase! :biggrin:  And it was won! :biggrin:  Terrific! :biggrin:

This is the best MDS I've ever seen!!  :-D :-D
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »
Overnights are in, and Price won its time period again. It was no. 3 overall for last night, with CBS's Numb3rs and Ghost Whisperer performing better.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »
I can't believe Roger used the same number twice in Golden Road! For that reason, I think you've got to consider this a CSTD.

Clock Game was already awesome because of the exacta on the first prize, but then to see Cynthia win a million dollars... wow. What a first half of TPIR.

HOTTIES: #232, Datevik; #233, Cynthia; #234, Jennie :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Cynthia
SHOW GRADE: 4

I definitely should have been watching this instead of the hockey game last night. (Heels knows what I mean.)
Well, at least we've still got hope tonight... we now have to root for the team that beat us. Go Florida... win in regulation!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 03:19:20 PM »
Quote from: heelsrule1988
I can't believe Roger used the same number twice in Golden Road! For that reason, I think you've got to consider this a CSTD.

Not really.  It's considerably more common than a lot of people here realize.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »
WOW!!!!  Clock Game was beyond comprehension!  This had me in tears with the Million Dollar Win!  The whole show was EARTH-SHATTERINGLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!  Brilliant and heart stopping!  I agree, the only mild downfall was a weak Plinko playing. But I have no problem with the game in a MDS episode.

My gripe was when CBS ran the promo, they showed a clip from Golden Road, and it was about 90% obvious that she had won from the reactions in the clip.  I love all of the MDS!!  But please, CBS, don't put spoilers of games in your promo clips!!!

Joe

Offline weatherdan882002

• In the Audience
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
I'm actually fine w/ them not using the DSW effect when she won. I do think they should have kept the bells ringing a lot longer than they did, though...
"There's a solution for every problem on this show." - Bob Barker

Offline GSFan2005

• Outside in Line
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2008, 04:28:07 PM »
Does anyone know how the $1m prize is doled out?  Is it an annuity like WWBTAM?  Is it a flat payout?