Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/02/2008  (Read 37649 times)

Offline RACEFAN2417

• In the Audience
  • my grad pic
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/02/2008
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
I wanted to tape it but didn't. I ALWAYS MISS THE MORE OR LESS GAME!  :cry: :headbang: :-(
Game 1: $2199 looked too cheap for the motorcycle
Game 2: another victim of lookin at the audience. DONT DO THAT ESPECIALLY THIS GAME!!
Game 3: Great win
Game 4: $3498 looked very obvious
Game 5: That's Too Much won. You don't see that very often
Game 6: Perfect Playing!!  :-D

Overall 9.4/10
MIKEY "THE ROCK" DIPI

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »
One Right Price: The sofa was my choice too.

Bonkers: Definitely not the way to play the game here by polling the audience.  :oldevil: You know there's a time limit for this.  :roll:

More Or Less: I would win this too. Despite being an easy set-up I think that win from Carmel was well deserved after what she has gone through after Katrina.

Push Over: It was either $4981 or $3498 for the HDTV. $3498 seemed more reasonable. It was. Unfortunately for Onalee she chose $4981 and lost.

That's Too Much: I've seen a lot of those Milans rather lately and I always know it would cost just over $20K. I would definitely stop where Kenneth stopped today. Great seeing this game being won.

Now Or Then: A pretty easy set-up yet again. Still though it was another well deserved win for Mary. Gotta love her.  :biggrin:

Showcases: Everyone thought that Carmel would go over with a bid of $28,500. It turns out it was a great bid by her. Shows how they know.  :-x Meanwhile for Mary she unfortunately garfed on her showcase.  :-(

Definitely both Carmel and Mary were my favorite contestants on today's show. Carmel for inspirational purposes with her being a Katrina victim. That and it was her 70th birthday at the time. And Mary for very fun purposes with being the kind of contestant she was today. A very enjoyable contestant indeed.  :biggrin:

Offline eman1977

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 05:33:18 PM »
More or Less:   Grill was cheaper than I thought but definately less than $3000 easy win.

Push Over:  Should've been won

That's Too Much:  Nice win but it seemed a bit easier than usual

Showcases:  Awesome bid on Showcase #1!

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 05:35:20 PM »
1 Right Price: Oh, I wanted the price to be on the motorcycle. Methought the sofa would be a lot more than $2199.

Bonkers: Katie played the game okay.... only on the first try. My guess was that she only change the 5. If that was wrong, I would probably flip-flop between the 5 and 4. I groan now.

More or Less: $2000 for a Lobster machine and $3000 for a grill? Those are so less. "I think we may go all the way here." We did.

Push Over: "It couldn't be 1996 or 8199." I was agreeing a little with 4981... until I saw a possible 3498. If I could've, I would've tried to do a last-second push to 3498.

That's Too Much!: I would've agreed with Kenneth on this one (agreeing with myself? No. This Kenneth on the show.) about going one more time to $21,962.

One Bid 6: All I could think about was if Mary would try to oust Zachariah and bid 1203. She did it anyway with that 1225.

now... or then: I kinda want to get that Betty Crocker cake mix now. My mouth is watering.

Showcases: One of the few times where I wanted to bid over 20000 for Carmel's Showcase of three trips.

From time to time, I would imagine, dream, and daydream about going to Studio 33 again and experiencing The Price is Right with all of my senses, hopefully becoming a Stan-picked contestant. From reading Voltron's post, I kinda imagine if something like that could happen to me. I remembered the two times I've been there: I was giving the rest of the people in line tips and tricks about some of the games, even to the point that I would yell out some tips in both lines in and outside the studio. I now begin to wonder if I still do something like this again, I would be barred from tapings. I think I might be one of those people who knows the show (and maybe the prices) that I would never be a contestant on the show. Now, after reading his post, I think I need to be very cautious about leaking some tips and tricks of the show.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 05:56:36 PM »
We have had a string of enjoyable contestants on today's show!

Joseph was great, he was happy to be there and I liked how he got excited after winning 1 Right Price.

Bonkers was just played badly today.  Katie looked at the audience too long and killed her chances of having a couple of more turns in the game.

More or Less was incredibly easy today, and Carmel was well-rewarded for her birthday with that dinette set she wanted and that new car.

Onalee was one of the best contestants of the show today, unfortunately she was just one block away from winning a new TV in Pushover.  I loved how Drew and Rich got into a peppy mood when Onalee came up on stage and Drew was throwing to Rich to see her prize.

Kenneth played That's Too Much very well and it was great to see him win a car just before he would leave for Australia.  Also, he gave a pretty decent "That's Too Much!" to boot, many people this season said it plainly or just say "I'll stop right there".

Mary played Now...or Then very well and it was great to see her win that new bedroom furniture to go into the apartment she just rented out.

Hmm, they got a new backdrop for the African photo safari prize, but they went a bit old school and said just "Africa", interesting.  Carmel bid really well on that showcase, and it was full of three random trips, which are not very easy to price.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
1RP:  Easy.

One-Bid #2:  Onalee needs some decaf. :-D

Bonky:  Quit looking at the audience®!

More/Less:  Kill this prize cue!  I believe this is the second time this season that the dreaded Lob-Ster has appeared in a PG rather than a one-bid.  Roger definitely wanted this game won today.

Pushy:  Should not have been lost.  $4,981 made absolutely no sense for a TV price.

That's Too Pink!:  OMG, that was actually won!

Now/Then:  Yay!  Half-Off cue! :P Not a whole lot of people caught this, but the price of the cake mix was in a different font than the prices of the other five items.

SC #1:  Oh brother... the dreaded friggin' random all-trip showcase again.  I love Carmel's bid.  I wouldn't be surprised if this showcase was over $30,000

SC #2:  That bid covers the car, but that's it.

My showcase bids:
FRATS--$28,007
Car--$31,307
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 06:33:39 PM »
I wasn't talking about myself (I know MoL is a car game), I'm talking about the average Joe Plunko.  You're forgiven. :)

Then More or Less wouldn't ruin the suspense, because the average person probably doesn't know that each half has one car game.

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 06:41:19 PM »
ORP: We called the sofa in the chat today.

Bonkers: Once again, a perfect example of how not to play this game.  Also, DTPG - Don't Trust the Peanut Gallery, even if Volty's there.

More or Less: Thank goodness it wasn't the other Dreaded LOB-ster.

Push Over: When I saw "3498" at the end, this should have been a win.

That's Too Much: A win? In That's Too Much? Miracle of miracles, that makes up for the losses in Bonkers and Push Over.

Now or Then: Only the Cajun Injection Sauce and the Dr. Scholl's Freeze Away were not around in 1997, and the set up was easy squeezy lemon peasy!
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 07:49:17 PM »
What a great show! Not my favorite lineup (although I like Bonkers, Now or Then, and More or Less decently well), but the contestants were great, and Drew let them shine! Now or Then and all that surrounded it were excellent today. Drew and Mary were just really fun to watch - two funny people just laughing and joking together (and a win for a room set she actually wanted to boot), I love seeing this stuff.

Was the lineup short on time today? Now or Then, Showdown 2, and the Showcases seemed to allow a lot of time for chit chat. That's not at all a complaint, but I'm just curious.

What are the "least winningest" games right now, after the wins in TTM and More or Less?

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 07:56:40 PM »
Hey All,

The contestants who played "Bonkers and Push Over"...prove my point about a number of issues.  That said, I personally like it when the show rewards common sense and punishes lack there of. 1)  If you got 30seconds, why spend 20 of it looking back at the audience for answers..think on you own.  2)  $4900, for a tv :roll:..you deserved to lose, thank both of you for "helping the budget" with some "contestant induced losses".  THANK THE POWERS THAT BE THEY DIDNT MAKE IT TO THE SHOWCASE.

I was rooting so hard for the Katrina Victium, my God bless here and her family.

Now or Then: Played last, and for the SAME BEDROOM set that I won on the 4-10-08 show, minus the matress set....my mattress was a "Laura Ashley".  ..only $450 more.   

AND, NOW OR THEN WAS EDITED JUST LIKE IT WAS ON MY SHOW FOR THE SAME REASON, WHEN DREW FORGOT TO HAVE RICH EXPLAIN THE ITEMS BEFORE THE GAMEPLAY AGAIN. :D ;-)..DREW AND NOW OR THEN....ITS A MENTAL BLOCK THING BECAUSE HE IS AN AWESOME HOST!!!

KEITH
4-10-08
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:59:35 PM by 2008nowandthen »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »
I hate what happened to Voltron.  I think it's crappy.  But at the same time, I can see the show's side of this issue, and I really don't think there was a good way for them to handle it.  I don't think Volt accomplished a whole lot with the way he acted on last Thursday's show.

Also, I think Ayoung and Willy made some very good points in their posts.  There's a right way to respond to a crappy situation like this, and it seems to me that Willy found it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline starcade

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »
Yep, it's pretty much what I thought it was -- whether Roger chooses to admit it all or not.

Without any sort of idea of the reasons for what me and my family was subjected to from the previous day’s taping, after the taping was over I didn’t have a clue where to start looking for answers - Should I ask CBS guest relations? Perhaps try to contact someone from CBS Daytime Television? Or even higher than that my mom suggested we write a letter to the FCC but I knew that would be way too drastic and it was unlikely they’d do anything. 

You're right -- they probably wouldn't.  (I can say that from experience -- half of them probably don't even read what was actually said in half the complaints.)

An important point that someone brought up was that I was not actually barred from going to the show as of that point in time, and at the very least if they wanted to bar me from going that they would’ve done so already.  With that, I went to bed after getting a grand total of zero sleep the night before with this issue still hanging over my head and my mom and aunt still demanding an answer as to why.

I can't blame you, given the circumstances.  I think it's pretty clear that "word had gotten around" that you and your family were to be made as unwelcome as possible so that you never attend another TPiR taping again.  (That's not a slam on you, Voltron -- it's a slam on them.)

For today’s taping, I had priority tickets from Hollywood Tickets, meaning that I would not need to show up to the studio until 9 AM.  ...

If there's one consolation, you might've gotten to meet Chuck...  :)

I do hope that you were able to enjoy your visit to DWTS, though.

Roger Tells the Show’s Side of the Story: Karen Winchell, the head of Guest Relations pulled me out of the line and just outside of the overhang of the audience holding area so I could talk to Roger Dobkowitz himself.  ...

Again, they want to make you, specifically, feel as unwelcome as possible so that you don't come back.  (Again, I stress for emphasis, this is not against Voltron.  This is on the show...)

While he did admit the way they handled the situation was wrong, I don’t think he formally apologized for what happened, because he pushed that aside to get to his point. 

I think it's clear, for whatever reason, that he does not intend to apologize.

Roger explained that helping people I met in line was the important issue at hand.  I had told him that I guessed this was an issue with the budget - since I wasn’t sure how their budget situation was (I thought it was bad), but he assured me that this was irrelevant to what he had to say.

Bull.  I'll address more of that later, but do you mean to tell me that that means that Maddy and I are (at least semi-)"marked" for our little Lucky Seven soiree with Dennis a year ago????  (Since Dennis mentioned on the air that we met in line???)  And how the freaking Hell are you going to enforce that in the first damnated place, short of bringing out extra security to case the line overnight?  Or is the only reason that we are still allowed to attend the show that Dennis lost?  (So if Dennis had taken my friend Maddy's advice and won both showcases, we'd have been treated the same way Voltron is now when we showed up in October or when I showed up for the MDS??)

The important thing was that the people I meet in line that get help from me could provide an unfair advantage for them on the show.  The figure they could come up with was that I could potentially meet around 50-100 people in line before the show and that since they believed that I am someone that knows a lot about the prices that any contestants out of that 50-100 people are at an advantage over the other contestants in the 200-250 others that don’t know me.

That's something another poster came up with.  Here's some problems I have with that:

• If that's the case, then one could make the same kind of case for any group attending the show who decides, long beforehand, that they are going to study the show, jot down some prices, but not bring the list onsite.  (Basically, spend the time in line going over the prices, and then dispose of any such information back at the hotel before they get back to the show for processing.  (The only real difference here is that Voltron doesn't have a physical list.  What they are essentially charging, I am guessing, is that Voltron is a "Human Price List".))
  • Semi-relatedly, that advantage could be asserted by any person or group with such a person in the group, whether the show knows about that person or not.  So, similarly, you could gain an advantage by having a "Human Price List" in the group, and, as long as it's not a Known "Human Price List", the show is stuck.
  • Short of going back to 1972 Rules and shutting everybody up for all the relevant decisions, how are you going to enforce it?  I could see people doing that in line outside the venue, I could see them doing it in the line inside the venue, what have you.

Wow, Roger, you just opened up a can of worms that I'm not so sure you're prepared to close.  I think it's time that, if someone from the show actually does read this forum, we're going to need some real answers.

While I hadn’t thought of that point of view, it kind of made sense, but I didn’t understand how they expect to run an audience participation show if they don’t want someone to participate – to which he responded that they believe they think I know “a lot” about prices and reiterated the point about unfair advantage for contestants who know who I am.

"It pays to watch 'The Price is Right'."  Bob said that numerous times.  So, basically, you've been essentially barred, with conditions, because you're too damn good.

Another issue that they had was that any of the contestants in the 50-100 people I meet will all look to me – and it looks bad on camera if all of those contestants look specifically to me, and he pointed out an example from the previous day’s taping (the 5/29/08 show) when Michael looked directly at me after each one-bid.  He explained how it “takes away from the spirit of the show” that it’s the entire crowd that helps – and not just one person.

Well, sorry, Roger, but sometimes that can't be helped.  I mean, think of this, guys:  Those of you who've been on the show know that the screaming from the entire crowd makes it implausible to do anything!  So why, then, is it irresponsible for a person to become the center of several people's attention if it's clear he knows his stuff?

I mean, if this is becoming that much of an issue, I reiterate my earlier positions and say that it's time (as an IMMEDIATE rule change) to silence the audience during one-bids and gameplay.  That's the only way you can nullify such an "advantage", because it can be exploited in numerous other ways.

I had asked him why are we running an audience participation show if they don’t want me to participate – and again he pointed back to the same reason of unfair advantage for contestants I meet in line.  He mentioned that people on TV would wonder why is everyone looking at that one person for advice? While he didn’t specifically give me a reason for that, I had thought about it later and recognized that could be a pause for concern – as someone on TV may think I’m a ringer planted there by CBS that knows all the prices.

So they're silencing said "ringer", and for the opposite reason, as I'll get to in a bit.

God, they must really think American viewers are stupid (which would not be a surprise in the least, given the state of media these days).  If it got to the point that that kind of person was in the audience, that would be illegal under Federal Law, and most game show fans, presumably, would know about this.

Roger then told me that because of these reasons, they would have to subject me to certain terms and conditions if I wanted to continue to attend tapings.  ...  If I did not comply with these terms and conditions, I would be asked to leave the lot and not be allowed back.

Barred, with conditions which would make it infeasible that you'd want to return.

I just don't understand, at that point, why they don't just ban you completely...  I mean, they've been making it clear that they don't want you back -- they've set out what I see as an asinine set of restrictions (and probably have opened the proverbial Pandora's Box, which can probably only be closed by preventing all assistance during the show).

Roger used an analogy to compare what these terms and conditions were –  he compared it to catching a card counter in Las Vegas – if they are caught, they have to either comply (which they likely won’t) or they will get banned from coming back.

This is why I called BS on the "It's not the budget." line.

The reason that the casinos implement that rule is that the card counters in Vegas destroy the "house advantage" and turn the game in their favor.  It fouls up their budget.  They don't want people to win!  (Or, at the least, they don't want so many people to win that the "casino" loses money.)

Basically, it IS what I feared it might be:  The beginnings of rigging the game on the basis of that they don't want anyone to be there who knows enough of their stuff that people in the line also know as such.  As such, Price can count on situations where the contestants, hopelessly confused, make Stupid Bid after Stupid Bid so that the show doesn't have to give away so many prizes.

They are using this kind of situation to reduce the winnings given out by the show -- this is not necessarily an action for or against any particular contestant, but against all contestants, realistically, across the board.

Immediately, I wonder whether this would affect any possible contestant eligibility I have left – which I ask him next.  He doesn’t give me a direct answer – ...

No, you're ineligible.  You won't be walking around with the big black "X" over your contestant number, but, suffice it to say, you're ineligible.

Think, people:  You have a known "Human Price List" in the audience (declared a problem to the production), who will probably take you for everything that small bits of luck can allow for on the show, and you've already told him that he presents an unfair advantage to contestants in CR.  Howinhell is he ever going to get picked?  He'll take the show for every penny possible!  And they've established that they only want a certain amount of winnings per show -- anyone who can skew that figure to a significant degree is not welcome in Studio 33.

The entire conversation between me and Roger was seen in plain view by the audience holding area – and I had been asked by several people I’d already met about what happened.  I was basically forced to respond with “They told me I can’t talk to anyone in line or else I’ll get kicked out.” However, I did something else to make sure the people around me knew what was going on – I had called several of my contacts on my cell phone who I had gotten advice from about what happened and I knew that everyone around me overheard it. 

You are a larger person than I -- I can only say that I probably would, at minimum, have been very roughly escorted from the premises if not arrested outright.

Waiting in line with no one to talk to: I was very fidgety during the next few hours in line – I was really bored since I couldn’t meet anyone in line, and four hours is a long time to kill when you’ve got nothing to do except sit on benches and stare at the parking lot.  I had contemplated walking out about 3 times because I really felt unhappy with this turn of events, but I knew that walking out would be the same as not complying with the terms and conditions and I’ll end up barred anyway.

Fact is, you basically are.  As I said on Friday's thread and a couple times here, they don't want you back.  I'm actually shocked they allowed you to stay, because, as of this point, you probably are seen as some sort of security risk to the program (not necessarily with a physical incident, but, as disgruntled (and known to be to the production) as you are, "doing something stupid" (not knowing you personally) could not be considered out of the question.

I left this taping even more bitter than the day before – ...  Fortunately, thanks to our favorite former page Chuck - Dancing With the Stars an hour after the taping made my folks happy and compensated for the way we were treated at TPIR – I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed it had I not seen Usher, one of my favorite artists.  After that, it was time to head home and forget about what it’s like seeing the magic of television in person for at least a while. 

Good that you met Chuck.

I thought there was no way they’d ever ban an eligible contestant from going back to the studio, but I was very close at one point during this trip – and that’s not how I want to go see TPIR – silenced the entire wait time.  It sucks that the only thing I did wrong was watch the show every day and pay attention to prizes they offer on the show.

Fact is, they can ban whoever they want for whatever reason they want -- they are a private entity.  The problem is, if they ban you for the reason that I am reading that they did, that's walking down a road toward basically saying "we only want to give away a certain amount of prizes over the course of time, and anyone who can significantly skew that amount, in the opinion of the production, will not be welcome in Studio 33".  And THAT is walking down the road toward rigging the show.

MOD NOTE: Excessive quoting edited. - JC
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:48:11 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 09:32:54 PM »
Fact is, they can ban whoever they want for whatever reason they want -- they are a private entity.  The problem is, if they ban you for the reason that I am reading that they did, that's walking down a road toward basically saying "we only want to give away a certain amount of prizes over the course of time, and anyone who can significantly skew that amount, in the opinion of the production, will not be welcome in Studio 33".  And THAT is walking down the road toward rigging the show.

Trying to keep things fair for the 230 or so people who didn't meet Voltron out in the line constitutes "rigging the show?"

I'm sorry, but from just a cursory glance at this epistle, it's painfully clear that you've chosen to ignore all of the completely valid points about the show's stance that you didn't like, as well as every single thing Willy said.  You went into this with your opinion already formed and disregarded any pieces of information that went against it.  That's not the way to make a solid argument.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »
(See above.)

I think you need to realize that they're not rigging the show.  The definition of rigging the show is pre-determining the outcome in advance.  In other words, it's scripting the show.  By asking him not to give advice, they are NOT rigging the show.  They are within their rights to do so, and they always reserve the right to do so.  This is a subject that's in a gray area, and I think they did the best possible thing they could do in this gray area.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:13:54 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline starcade

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 10:28:24 PM »
Trying to keep things fair for the 230 or so people who didn't meet Voltron out in the line constitutes "rigging the show?"

Unless they can somehow control everyone's conduct from the moment they hit the line (even on the sidewalk) vis-a-vis what they talk about, then, frankly, they have little to say about it.  If they want to maintain the appearance of audience participation at this point, they are basically saying that the only people allowed to give suggestions anymore are those people giving misleading or confusing suggestions.  That starts down the path toward saying:  "We don't want these prizes won...", NOT as a matter of game setup or the like, NOT as a matter of "Roger being evil", but as a matter of "We're shutting up our long-time LFAT's before we give away everything."  That does start down the path toward rigging the show against all the contestants.

The only way they could make things "fair" now is to shut everybody up.  Period.  Basically, start stating with the next taping:  "We have had a number of people in recent studio audiences who, in the opinion of the production, may present an unfair advantage to the people they have met in the lines due to their knowledge of prices being at the level of the "price lists" we've declared illegal for years.  As a result, effective immediately, we will forbid the audience from giving suggestions and yelling out prices during gameplay, in the interest of fairness to all contestants.  'The Price is Right' has been an audience participation show for three decades, but that is no longer possible without presenting possibilities of unfair advantages provided to certain potential contestants, even by conduct previously considered legal."

It's the only way, Steve.  What stops a "Human Price List" like Voltron from being in one of the groups there present, so that everyone in the group has that person as their "Go-To Guy/Gal"?

My friend Maddy has a memory like a steel trap.  She KNOWS the soup is $1.07.  She KNOWS the Hot Pockets are now $2.49.

And, now, she pretty much KNOWS her dream of being a contestant on the show is probably kaput.

I'm sorry, but from just a cursory glance at this epistle, it's painfully clear that you've chosen to ignore all of the completely valid points about the show's stance that you didn't like, as well as every single thing Willy said.  You went into this with your opinion already formed and disregarded any pieces of information that went against it.  That's not the way to make a solid argument.

See above.  Their arguments are not valid.  Roger even gave Voltron the very same darn analogy I did (the card-counter analogy) on the forum when we discussed it on Thursday!  You cannot police this without knowing in advance the knowledge of every person in the audience before they even show up at CBS -- which you know is impossible.

I reiterate my position:  If this is where we're going, it's time to silence the audiences for good.  You can come up with a number of scenarios where similar unfair advantage could be asserted without the show's prior knowledge.

I mean, let's rewrite that scenario that that one person put out there:

You get on the show, get on the showcase, and get to within $230.  Drew tells you you win both showcases unless your opponent (who was in a group and receiving instructions from one certain member of the group through hand signals) is closer.  He's $200 away, and DSW's.

You make the same charge to Roger that the poster who gave the original scenario did.  How, now, are the two scenarios different?  The only difference would be that the show knows about someone like Voltron, and does not know about this other person.

If the show does not take my suggestion and silence the audiences, the show may have to actually keep cameras on the audience at all times, find out where the suggestions are coming from, and monitor them as a matter of Standards and Practices.  (NOT even for looking for a list -- simply that the suggestions are taking place from certain areas at all will have to be monitored now.)  The show will probably, now, have to closely scrutinize any win to make sure that the person giving the suggestion didn't present an unfair advantage to that contestant, simply by giving the suggestions to that contestant.

It's time for someone from the show to come on here and make a policy statement.  (Whether they will or not is another matter...)  We are probably some of the largest LFATs in the history of this program.  But it's now clear (and, apparently, at least a second person has come forward with similar experience!), and I believe it's clear, now, that the show needs to say what kind of suggestions are and are not allowed.