Author Topic: FAQ Mistake?  (Read 8099 times)

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
FAQ Mistake?
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »
I think there is a mistake in the FAQ at http://www.golden-road.net/faq/index.php/General_Questions#What_would_happen_if_there_was_a_tie_in_the_Showcase_with_a_difference_of_.24250_or_less.3F

"What would happen if there was a tie in the Showcase with a difference of $250 or less?

There would be what I suppose would be called a “Double Double Showcase Win;” both contestants would win both showcases. Additionally, if such a thing were to occur on a $1,000,000 Spectacular, both contestants would also win a million dollars."

I'm basing this off of Bob Barker eternal explanation of the rules. For the showcases, he has always said (since I've alive) "If you are the winner, and you are less than 250 dollars away from the actual retail price of your showcase, we will give you both showcases."

This leads me to believe that there will only be 1 DSW as there can only be one winner.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FAQ Mistake?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:48:04 AM »
I'm basing this off of Bob Barker eternal explanation of the rules. For the showcases, he has always said (since I've alive) "If you are the winner, and you are less than 250 dollars away from the actual retail price of your showcase, we will give you both showcases."

This leads me to believe that there will only be 1 DSW as there can only be one winner.

Well, that doesn't explain what would happen in case of a tie.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
No mistake.  Let's suppose Contestant A and Contestant B are both off by $160.  Their difference is the same; therefore, they both win their own showcase.  However, since they are both under $250 and the difference is the same, they both the other person's showcase.  If they are both off by $360, then they both win their own showcase.  They do not with both showcases, since their difference is greater than $250.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
Please don't put questions about the FAQ in this section of the forum.  If you do, it's very likely I'm never going to see them...and then they don't do anybody much good.

And for what it's worth, Bob has stated outright on the air that both people can win both showcases.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »
Please don't put questions about the FAQ in this section of the forum.  If you do, it's very likely I'm never going to see them...and then they don't do anybody much good.

And for what it's worth, Bob has stated outright on the air that both people can win both showcases.

I put it here because I honestly couldn't find anywhere else to it. Any suggestions?

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 12:07:17 PM »
I put it here because I honestly couldn't find anywhere else to it. Any suggestions?

If you have something to add/correct to the FAQ, it would be best to PM or e-mail Steve.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 12:33:31 PM »
Um, the guy who writes the FAQ has already posted in this thread.  Steve's obviously got a good reason for leaving it there.

And, since a tie in the Showcases is the same as 'both players win', saying 'If you are the winner and within $250, you win both showcases' would apply to each of them.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 10:39:47 PM »
Um, the guy who writes the FAQ has already posted in this thread.  Steve's obviously got a good reason for leaving it there.
The guy who writes the FAQ stated he'd never find this thread because he doesn't read this section often.  The question asked was "if it doesn't belong in the Tech Support section, where would a question like this be appropriately posted?"  Seems like a fair question to me....

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 11:55:43 PM »
The guy who writes the FAQ stated he'd never find this thread because he doesn't read this section often.  The question asked was "if it doesn't belong in the Tech Support section, where would a question like this be appropriately posted?"  Seems like a fair question to me....

It's actually a simple question.  The poster was asking a legitimate question about the game-play of the show, and could have easily posted their question in "The Talk is Right".  The tech forum is for issues related to, well....tech issues...  Just becuase the poster could not find the answer to their question in the FAQ does not make it a tech issue.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker