Author Topic: *SPOILERS* Confirmed Season 37 changes and non changes  (Read 153908 times)

Offline Millionaire81

• In Contestant's Row
Re: *SPOILERS* Confirmed Season 37 changes and non changes
« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »
Do we know for sure what cars were played for in these first outings on 3 Strikes?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #496 on: August 21, 2008, 10:12:04 AM »
Do we know for sure what cars were played for in these first outings on 3 Strikes?

Not specifically, but we do know that one was a 3 Strikes-calibre car and one wasn't.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #497 on: August 21, 2008, 10:36:34 AM »
Technically, anything Three Strikes is played for is a Three-Strikes-caliber car.

Even a Dodge Caliber.  :P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #498 on: August 21, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »
I agree with what Steve said. Every other car game on the show offers a Mustang (besides Golden Road), 3 Strikes stood out from the rest because it offered the really nice automobiles (Caddys, 'Vettes, etc...), now with this change its nothing special. With this change what makes it stand out any more than say, Pocket Change?

To me 3 Strikes is now nothing more than just a regular car game sad to say.

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »
There's nothing inherently special about Three Strikes; it only seems special because they hardly ever play it, and they hardly ever play it because it's always for an expensive car. But why should it always have an expensive car? If they play Three Strikes for cheaper cars, it can be played more often... and when they *do* want to offer something higher-end, they can still use it. Or not; what's wrong with surprising everyone (or at least those who pay attention) with playing for the Corvette in Pocket Change, One Away, or Pathfinder?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »
If they play Three Strikes for cheaper cars, it can be played more often

John has implied that this is not as true as we might like to think.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »
Soooooo, if they're gonna stop playing 3 Strikes for the luxury cars, yet  still receive the rate of play it has seen for the past few years, the only logical question I can think of is: Are they trying to find a way to retire the game? It makes no sense not to play it more often now that they've changed the rules and are no longer gonna play it for luxury cars.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #502 on: August 23, 2008, 12:11:39 AM »
Soooooo, if they're gonna stop playing 3 Strikes for the luxury cars, yet  still receive the rate of play it has seen for the past few years, the only logical question I can think of is: Are they trying to find a way to retire the game? It makes no sense not to play it more often now that they've changed the rules and are no longer gonna play it for luxury cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do retire it right along with Check Game.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline boagman

• In the Audience
« Reply #503 on: August 23, 2008, 01:04:25 AM »
what's wrong with surprising everyone (or at least those who pay attention) with playing for the Corvette in Pocket Change, One Away, or Pathfinder?

This wouldn't be a bad idea.  Pathfinder is, at least to me, far harder than it needs to be, pretty often, considering that a maximum of three mistakes are allowed, and the redemption from said mistakes must be earned.  I've seen games of Pathfinder that I honestly thought were ridiculously hard, especially due to the fact that three of the first four numbers to choose from were legitimate choices for a reasonable second number (i.e. the numbers were, say, 5, 7, 8, and 3).  For just about any lower-end vehicle, any of those could be viable.  Waste one of your second chances on one or two of those, and you're practically a goner.  With a premium vehicle (say, starting with a 4), just about any of the four numbers could be legitimate second numbers, too.

I could see Pathfinder being played for premium vehicles.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #504 on: August 23, 2008, 04:28:19 AM »
I could see Pathfinder being played for premium vehicles.

Actually, in the broadest scope of things, Pathfinder is played for premium (or at least semi-premium) vehicles; the average car price usually exceeds $21,000+ on certain days.  It all depends on the budget and all that good jazz.  :pint:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.