Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/13/2008  (Read 22847 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/13/2008
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »
Besides, Pick a Number's quick.  It allows better games to be played at other parts of the show.  It's not like more Pick a Number means less Bonus Game, after all.

Offline tpirman1982

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My TPIR Fanpage
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »
Wow! The Double Showcase Winner graphic was so awesome, I did my own redition of it:

Feel free to use it for your needs.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 10:59:44 PM »
Make Your Move:  Good thing Todd changed it when he did!  The audience was having a conniption fit over the way he had it the first time!
Shopping Spree:  Good job! :-)
Pathfinder:  Too bad! :-(  Boy, those small prizes were toughies!
Flip Flop:  Too bad it was lost, but that was pretty funny watching Drew trying to get the white 19 to stay in! :oldlol:
Any Number:  Well, I call this a bad news/good news situation.  The bad news:  Mary didn't win the car. :-(  The good news:  She didn't win the piggy bank either! :-)
Pick A Number:  Nice job! :-)  I wonder if it's possible to put a number where the dollar sign is to play Pick A Number for a 5 digit priced prize.
Showcases:  Finally, a  :dsw:!!  Yay!! :-D  Drew sure nailed the reveal of the actual retail price of Raegan's showcase! :-)  I like the new graphic, too!  I don't think they ever had an ! after the word "winner" on the :dsw: graphic before.

Boy, I thought we were gonna have more than 3 winners today, but good show nonetheless! :-)
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 11:13:27 PM »
Wow! The Double Showcase Winner graphic was so awesome, I did my own redition of it:

Nice recreation. But as far as the original is concerned, sometimes you're better off with the classics. I miss the old Eurostyle one with the "chase lights" inside.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 11:16:05 PM »
Aw heck, made my own too.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 11:50:02 PM »
Based on her shirt, I'm assuming Raegan knew when this show would air. The only time I've ever seen that is when Willy wore a Santa hat during a Christmas show, but of course he would know, so it was nice to see someone that isn't an LFAT aware of the airdate.

I'm glad they didn't listen to Drew and stop tape during Flip Flop... it's those kind of bloopers that remind me of the good old days. :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Justin
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 12:13:49 AM »
Here's mine  :-D

or by request
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:28:07 AM by BigJon »
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 12:41:32 AM »
I'm glad they didn't listen to Drew and stop tape during Flip Flop... it's those kind of bloopers that remind me of the good old days. :-)
I just listened to it on InnerTube and it sounded like Drew said "Don't stop the tape".

Offline DRPrice

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 03:36:36 AM »
Well, that was amusing when the "Flip-Flop" prop kept falling off.  But ten thousand dollars for a trip to Paris?!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »
I just listened to it on InnerTube and it sounded like Drew said "Don't stop the tape".

You are correct. He did say "DON'T stop the tape." I would think if he wanted to stop tape, it would be an obvious, very loud "STOP TAPE".
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »
Well, that was amusing when the "Flip-Flop" prop kept falling off.  But ten thousand dollars for a trip to Paris?!

Sounds like they wanted her to lose...I bet 99% of people would not have thought a trip to Paris was that much.

And the fact that Drew told them "Don't stop Tape" sure makes him sound like he's calling ALL the shots (no pun intended) on Price.  I think he was correct in not stopping tape but what I don't like is that he's in charge!

Offline lucyrickyalex

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 02:51:37 PM »
BigJon: Oooooh, shiny!

This seems like an episode for the archives, what with the misadventures of Justin, and the Flip Flop Failure, and the :dsw: on the :frbs:, and even the Big Wheel-themed shirts in the front row!

Oh, and don't forget Mary riding her new electric guitar! :lol:
"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »
And the fact that Drew told them "Don't stop Tape" sure makes him sound like he's calling ALL the shots (no pun intended) on Price.  I think he was correct in not stopping tape but what I don't like is that he's in charge!
And we wonder why folks sometimes think we taking things too seriously.  It was painfully obvious that Drew was having fun with the Flip Flop game fighting with him and he just said "Don't stop the tape" as a joke.

Offline The Square

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 12:30:22 AM »
But I assume he wouldn't have had to say it if there wasn't at least some kind of history of them stopping the tape in similar situations. It's kind of like last season when he pointed out that Rich introduced the piano too early. He knew they would have covered it in editing if he hadn't mentioned it, so he didn't give them that option.

I'm not saying I disagree with either of those calls... in my opinion, the less editing and covering up they do, the better. But it can be interpreted as Drew displaying a "This is how I say this will be done" vibe. Another interpretation is that Drew didn't trust the people now in charge to make the correct decision to keep going, so he made it for them.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:27 AM »
MYM: It looked like the audience was about to go all "Commando" on him if he didn't get it. 8-) Very nice.

One-Bid #2: MY AUNTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :biggrin: :biggrin: YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BRENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shopping: What's up with some of that audience? Raegan took it on them!! Good job.

Pathfinder: Very dissapointing after a good start.  :cry:

FlipFlop: AUNTIE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Me and my family was just excited to see she made it up onstage. Nice that she and her family reunion went along for the ride. It's also kinda cool for her to be part of one of the funniest blunders in the Drew era to date. Even I chanted "Drew, Drew, Drew:. :lol: It would've been so wonderful for her to win that Trip to France. But just like all of us, I really thought she had that trip. On a little sad note, I believe this show didn't air where she was due to news coverage of those freakin' wildfires. But I did tell her I will send her a DVD copy of that show and I will include a little congratulatory note, too. This was the highlight of the show, to say the least.  :-P

Any #; Well, a guitar beats the piggy bank anyday.

Pick #: Spare me.

Showcases: For goodness sake!!! :-D 8-O My auntie makes it up on stage and we get a  :dsw: :dsw: :dsw: :dsw:, too!!!! Now to say this was a great show....Heck, I'll say it anyway, BEST SHOW SO FAR!!!!!

A 5-STAR SHOW!!!!!! :pint: :) :dsw: