Author Topic: B and B Walk on Role + This site..  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Shredder

• In Contestant's Row
B and B Walk on Role + This site..
« on: December 03, 2008, 09:31:46 PM »
First off,

Just in case anyone didn't see this. I know I'm behind on my Price Viewing, but I just got around to watching it..
so apologies if it has been posted before.  But my god, April really cleans up nice...

Second, like MANY others have stated, this board has gotten to be a chore to read. 

In the immortal words of William Shatner : People, GET A LIFE!

You people nit pick about things that the average viewer wouldn't even care about for a million years!   
This is how the boards read to me these days :

Drews Entrances : Love it!  Hate it!  Drew is ruining the show!  Drew should be more like Bob!  Drew shouldn't do anything like Bob!
Bob is GOD!

Prizes: What a Cheap showcase... What a great Showcase!  Are they giving away too many cars?  Are One Ups getting more expensive?

Game Rotations:  This Model didn't stand in her usual spot. The game was rushed, it sucks now! 
OMFG, the TURNTABLE was not used today, the world is going to stop it's friggin' rotation!'

I understand it's a message board.  I understand that ever since Star Trek, there have been uber fans that have nit picked EVERY SINGLE LITTLE
DETAIL of a show to death.  But COME ON people....  get a grip already.

And it's not just this board....every other board I've been to lately has been victim of the same moaning and groaning, infighting, etc..
And Message Boards USED to be fun....

Peace...

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: B and B Walk on Role + This site..
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
I didn't think YouTube posts were allowed here...

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:35:41 PM »
You people nit pick about things that the average viewer wouldn't even care about for a million years!    

We're not the average viewers. We're SUPPOSED to 'care' in whatever way you call caring about these things.

And yes, that does in fact include approving of the changes.

And it's not just this board....every other board I've been to lately has been victim of the same moaning and groaning, infighting, etc..

Then congratulations, you just made it one little tiny iota worse.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:41:55 PM »
I didn't think YouTube posts were allowed here...

Exactly right. YouTube posts go in the Multimedia forum.

And yay, The_Great_Butler saved me some typing!

Offline Shredder

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:40:01 PM »
Exactly right. YouTube posts go in the Multimedia forum.

My bad......I'll delete that part and put it in it's proper place...

But, here's the question... When does criticism become out and out Bitching?    I think we've gone beyond that point...and people are looking
for ANYTHING to moan about.    When folks start complaining about the Battery holder on Drews mic being too big, is when we've reached
the point of no return...

Has anyone gotten that bad yet? :)

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:54:39 PM »
Ashley calls the Showcase round the "Showcase Showdown". One would think that for something having gone on CBS's official website that wouldn't have slipped...

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 10:59:18 PM »
I don't think anyone's complained about the battery holder on Drew's mic. yet! Although, I do sometimes wish he'd remember to hold it near the contestant's mouth so we can hear what they're saying.  :P

I think much of the "criticism" issue just depends on your point of view. If you like the current direction of the show, Drew's silliness, the goofy showcases, less focus on the contestant, then everything is great. However, those people who feel that way need to remember there's another point of view. People who agree with the so-called "bitching" don't see it as you do. They think, "Hey, it's so nice that someone agrees with my feelings."

I'm not saying there haven't been some posts that were just too negative lately, but on the other hand, I think there have also been some so-called "positive posts" that are just over-the-top unrealistic and borderline "in dreamland."

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:08:36 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline Shredder

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »
Oh, I have no problem with people posting opinions...it's just the minor little details that people notice that seem to be
out and out complaining for the sake of complaining....

As For Drew...My own latest gripe...I think the major thing that needs to change right now is the showcases he writes. I will agree these are terrible and totally pointless.
When they did a normal showcase and a Drew one on the 19th, the style differences where shocking.  He also needs to do away with 'I know the rules and phrases have been said the same for 30+ years.  you know them by heart, I don't have to repeat it each time' thing has to stop.  That's the job of the host, being repetitive and having that rule explanation there for new viewers, of which drew seems to be bringing in.

I will ask this..of the posts I have been reading, is there any chance in hell Drew could be released before his 5 years are up?  No matter how folks may feel about him, I just don't see CBS doing it after all this promotion of his being the new host..how would they explain it away?

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:23 PM »
Wow...quick 180 Shredder!  From complaining about complaining to doing a little complaining of your own!

Offline Shredder

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 01:10:39 AM »
Heh, I know, it did read a little weird, didn't it?

I just wanted to show that I wasn't against opinions that actually had a POINT to them.
I just hated the extreme Complaining.  Like the TurnTable not being used until a Showcase Show down
type of comment that I read earlier today...  that got me annoyed enough to write this post :)... It seems,
to me at least, like  threads are seeing more and more of it....

I'm not saying Drew is doing a perfect job, but again, complaining about every little detail
is getting   annoying.    8-)