Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 2: Million-Dollar Spectacular (THE BIG FINALE!!!)  (Read 19482 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 2: Million-Dollar Spectacular (PG6)
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2008, 08:18:23 PM »
OK, you're going with one Little Debbie. As you know, it cannot be more than $2.10, but I doubt that it would be. Let's see. The price is...

$1.39

...$1.39, and what's the total?

(Rachel rings up total on cash register)

WIN!
$20.29

$20.29, and you win!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

Have fun on your cruise! We will have our second Showcase Showdown after this!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 2: Million-Dollar Spectacular (SCSD2)
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2008, 08:53:11 PM »
(MDS Consolation Prize Cue)

RICH: Contestants not appearing on stage will receive a Best of The Price is Right special-edition DVD. Now you can relive the greatest moments of America's favorite gameshow, from the Bob Barker and Bill Cullen eras. And a gift card from FYE: For Your Entertainment. With an endless selection of music, videos and recordable media, the one place to go for your entertainment is FYE. Remember, there's another chance at a million dollars coming up, but first, here's Teddy with our Showcase Showdown!

Thank you, Rich! Now, if you missed the first part of our show tonight, shame, shame on you! But let me remind you three that if you get a dollar in one spin or a combination of two spins, you'll win $5,000 and get a Bonus Spin. In the Bonus Spin, if the Wheel lands on a green section, you'll win $25,000, but if it stops on the dollar, you will win $50,000 more for a total of $55,000! (cheers and applause) In fact, we gave away $55,000 on the Big Wheel in the first Showcase Showdown, and wouldn't it be fun to do it again??

(wild cheers and applause)

SPINNING ORDER:
pathfinder20: $6,589
rob79: $7,555
GoldenBulldog: $10,746

pathfinder20, you're first. Go right ahead.

(wheel beeps)

Here we go with the first spin of the second Showcase Showdown, and it's coming to a stop on...

...65 cents. That's a tough number there. Would you like to stay or spin again?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:56:04 PM by Teddy »

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 2: Million-Dollar Spectacular (PG6)
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »
Yucky number but I am staying.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 2: Million-Dollar Spectacular (SCSD2)
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2008, 06:05:56 AM »
Well, OK. You can go over there.

DING!

And now, we have rob79 going next. Spin that wheel.

(wheel beeps)

We're looking for something good, like 70 cents or more. And it looks like you could use another spin for that.

You have 45 cents, spin it again.

(wheel beeps)

Now we're looking for 55 cents here, and 20 cents at least. Here comes 55, but it's a little too fast for it, and I don't like this at all.

MRRRRRRRRP!

You went way over, and I'm sorry. Have fun in New York City! Now here comes GoldenBulldog to spin the wheel.

(wheel beeps)

It's coming around and around and around. It's finally slowing down, and it will come to a stop on 90 cents.

(Dig We Must 2007)

(cheers and applause)

And that score is going to send you to the Showcase. We'll have another opportunity to win a million dollars after this. Stay tuned, because you don't want to miss it!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 2: Million-Dollar Spectacular (SHOWCASE)
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2008, 08:31:50 AM »
Welcome to the Showcase round on The Price is Right $1,000,000 Spectacular! I have wpghi5 as the top winner, and GoldenBulldog as the runner-up. Each of you will have a Showcase of lovely prizes to bid on, and the one of you closer to the actual retial price of your own Showcase will win it. But, if you are the winner, and you are $1,000 or less away from the retail price of your own Showcase, guess what? We will give you both Showcases and a million dollars!

("$1,000,000" spins on screen)

(Million-Dollar Game reveal stinger)

(wild cheers and applause)

Now, wpghi5, as the top winner, you can bid on the first Showcase, or you can pass it to GoldenBulldog and wait for Showcase #2. Are we ready to see the first Showcase? Well, here it is!

(Grandeur)

RICH: This Showcase starts with a lovely barset! (Rachel models it) (applause) This barset features the finest oak finish, plus stools and a storage area for your glasses and pitchers. Next, we have for you a laptop computer! (Lanisha models it) (applause) This Dell laptop computer is portable and easy to access information. Comes with a 1-GB hard drive, CD-R capability and crystal-clear high-definition monitor. Here's something you can use for the water, a sailboat! (Brandi models it) (applause) From the Chesapeake Boat Company, this sailboat is lightweight and is built with a sturdy frame to withstand damage from hurricanes. Then I'm sure you will love this: a trip to Paris! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause) You and a guest will fly round-trip from Los Angeles to Paris, France for a six-night stay at the Paris Le Grande hotel. Within easy walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, the Sorbonne, the Louvre, and many other fine attractions. Finally, we have the perfect prizes to go in your garage: two new cars! (Passing Lane) (Lanisha models them) (cheers and applause) First, a Lexus RX400, the luxury crossover that is appealing to everyone. Comes with standard features, 4.0-liter V8 engine, 6-speed automatic transmission, 10-disc CD changer, power moonroof, rearview backup camera and engine block heater. And second, this Ford Mustang convertible combines classic styling with contemporary convenience. Comes with standard features, 4.6-liter V8 with 5-speed automatic transmission, Sirius satellite radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel, 6-disc CD changer, heated leather seats and engine block heater. And this Showcase can be yours if the price is right!

Well, that's the first Showcase, wpghi5. Would you like to bid on it or pass it?

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
(shouting) Bid! Bid Bid!
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
I'll bid Ted and go for $76,000.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
OK, your bid is $76,000.

WPGHI5

DING!

And now, GoldenBulldog, look at your Showcase!

(Rock & Roll Showcase Cue)

RICH: GoldenBulldog, your Showcase features prizes revealed as our girls decide to form their own rock & roll band. And it all starts with Lanisha, who's decided to show off her singing prowess with this karaoke machine! (applause) This VocoPro karaoke machine comes with two microphones, stereo speakers, and an assortment of karaoke CDs, covering various styles like country, rock and pop. Next, we find Rachel, who's thinking of playing some riffs on one of her new electric guitars! (applause) Make some amazing music with these two Fender electric guitars, complete with pics, amps and their own separate carrying cases. Then there's Brandi, the aspiring keyboard player who wants to show off her skills on this grand piano! (applause) This Steinway grand piano makes an elegant combination of sound and decor. Finished in an attractive white veneer. Next, our aspiring band is looking for the latest chart-topping songs to play in their gigs, so they put some quarters in this new jukebox! (cheers and applause) From the Wurlitzer Jukebox Company, this 100-CD jukebox combines the styling of yesteryear with today's technology. Finally, our girls are dreaming of cruising the freeways in their dream car, a new Corvette! (Brandi, Rachel and Lanisha pose by it) (wild cheers and applause) This Chevrolet Corvette coupe is the ultimate American sports car with a grand combination of elegance and performance. Comes with standard features, 6.0-liter V8 engine with 6-speed manual transmission, XM satellite radio, 8-disc CD changer, OnStar roadside assistance and engine block heater. And this Showcase, featuring prizes revealed as our girls await their first record dea, can be yours if the price is right!

All right, GoldenBulldog, I await your bid on this Showcase!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
I'm going to risk going OVER and bid $65,100:-?
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2008, 10:14:48 PM »
And your bid is $65,100.

GOLDENBULLDOG

DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

There you go. We're going to find out who the winner is after this! You don't want to miss it!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 2: Million-Dollar Spectacular (THE BIG FINALE!!!)
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2008, 10:58:51 PM »
OK, here we go with the Showcase results! You know that if you're within $1,000 of your own Showcase, you'll win both Showcases and a million bucks! (cheers and applause) With that happy thought in mind, we'll start with you, GoldenBulldog. You bid $65,100 on your Showcase, and the actual retail price is: $81,230, for a difference of...

GOLDENBULLDOG

DING!

...$16,130. (applause) Now over to wpghi5, who bid $76,000. Actual retail price: $79,077... (cheers) ...for a difference of...

WPGHI5

DING!

...$3,077, and you win!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

WPGHI5

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

("$177,462" flashes on screen)

You have won a total of $177,462 in cash and prizes, including three cars and $55,000 on the Big Wheel! Congratulations, buddy! And to all of you out there, please help control the pet population and have your pets spayed or neutered. It's a very good thing to do. Thanks for watching, and we'll see you on the daytime Price is Right. Good night, everybody!

(as end credits roll, music segues into the Rock & Roll Showcase cue)

RICH: This is Rich Fields speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:00:56 PM by Teddy »

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2008, 11:44:21 PM »
And another episode is finished! I'd like to thank everyone who came out to play, and I had a lot of fun hosting it! I have my own personal list of the good, the bad and the ugly that went on in this show:

The Good: Congratulations, wpghi5, for busting my budget with three cars, $55,000 in the Showcase Showdown, and some other stuff, too!  :-D

The Bad: Nobody won the million dollars, but hey, the real MDS went 17 episodes before someone finally did it.  :-(

The Ugly: That tough Money Game setup. And worst of all, it was also the Million-Dollar Game.  :evil:

I think I'll take a break to celebrate Thanksgiving, and then I'll prepare a script for Episode 3. Be on the lookout for that, but in the meantime, the floor is open for some of your post-show thoughts and comments. Again, I had fun on this show, and thanks to all of my participants! I hope we can do it again real soon, and I'm already looking forward to hosting my next show! Now is the time for me to step aside and allow you to share your thoughts and comments. So Happy Holidays in advance, and I'll definitely be back next year!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2008, 02:05:58 AM »
It was my pleasure to win all that great stuff on your show Ted!  :biggrin: OMG! It feels great to be the big winner of a HYO!  :-D

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2008, 10:15:47 AM »
The Bad: Nobody won the million dollars, but hey, the real MDS went 17 episodes before someone finally did it.  :-(

And a host change...and a set change...and an MDS format change...
================
This was a good show, I must say...although this is my first visit to the FFBC. Anyway, could you post the winners' list - including the value of the consolation prizes?
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »
great show. great wins. great showcases, and a great job by me winning $26,500 + my IUFB + the small prizes.
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!