Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 35--THE END  (Read 21581 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 35--SCSD #2
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2008, 01:16:47 PM »
I was out of town all day yesterday.  I got home at 11 PM and was too tired to get on the computer.  It's just unfortunate for me that Unique bailed out of Baggy early. :P
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2008, 02:59:48 PM »
Darn.  What else to say?  Anyway, it looks like you may get 95˘, 'Nique, if it stops!

50˘, and 'Nique is spinning again.  Now sidey, if 'Nique goes over, you are automatically in the showcase.  And he may go over if that wheel does not hurry off that $1.00, hurry, hurry, hurry!

You're safe!  And you have 65˘.  sideshowPA, you know what it takes to beat that:  $1.00!  Or 70˘.  Or anything in between, so spin that wheel!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »
Okie Dokie.  My numbers are 2 and 14.  If I get exactly 65, we'll go to a spinoff.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 35--SHOWCASE
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »
All right, and here's 75˘ if it stops... will it stop?

No.  55˘, spin it again, and hope for something from a dime to 45˘, and this isn't going to work.  Sorry, sidey, but you did win that nice car!

'Nique, you will be in the showcase, next!

UniquePerspective, you are the top winner in today's showcase, Flerbert, you are the runner-up, and they are ready to see the first showcase!

Rich:  This showcase starts with a dining room group.  From Furnitureontheweb.com, this eight piece cherry finish dining room group comes with a gorgeous carved rectangle, eight piece wood dining table and four side chairs and two captain chairs and buffet hutch, all with intricate carving and upholstery, with cabriole table legs, and chairs with a round back with figure 8 carving, and buffet hutch has intricate carving, curved glass and solid doors, glass shelves, mirrored back, and interior light, and has plenty of storage room, and measures 77 by 22 by 95 inches.  The table, measuring 94 by 44 by 30.25 inches has a 16-inch leaf.  All chairs are 25 by 26 by 45 inches.

And make your dining experience all the more elegant with this elitist chandelier.  From Pecaso Lighting, the 4900-24-12-6-AG HH Romanza Crystal chandelier was originally designed by the monarchies of Western Europe centuries ago, and has an open frame with ornately cast arms and sumptuous crystal, and a lush, dense arrangement of crystal to create a magnificent impression, and measures 72 inches wide by 76 inches high.  And this showcase can be yours if the price is right!

And 'Nique, are you going to bid on this showcase, or are you going to pass it to Flerbie?

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2008, 04:13:33 PM »
I'm a passin', Frank.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »
Good God.  Two prizes, both seem on the cheapish side, which means I smell a Frank Super-Showcase®.

Don't know how high to go, though.....let's try $25,252.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »

ding!

All right, Flerbie has bid $25,252 on his showcase, and now, 'Nique, this is your showcase!

Rich:  UniquePerspective, your showcase starts with a lovely living room.  From Furnitureontheweb.com, the Bradford three piece living room group has a loveseat and sofa that offer a single cushion back and double seat cushion with beige chenille fabric on a contoured kiln-dried solid wood frame, and a chair that offers a round fabric and wood back with generous seat, and adds just the right amount of modern accent to any living space.  The sofa measures 86.5 inches long by 37 inches wide by 38.5 inches high, the loveseat measuers 68.5 inches long by 37 inches wide by 38.5 inches high, and the chair measures 27 inches long by 27.5 inches wide by 39.5 inches high.

And now for something that would look great in your new living room:  this stately grandfather clock.  The Howard Millar Hamlin grandfather clock is an heirloom-style floor clock with a distressed finish, designed by Chris Bergelin, with a carved shell and leaf design, decorative overlays on the canted corners, brushed antique brass dial, silver chapter ring with applied brass Arabic numerals, astrological blue moon phase dial, lyre pendulum finished in brushed antique brass with decorative antique gold-finished center disk, brushed antique finish and decorative bands for the weight shells, canted reeded columns framing the case, multi-tiered Bombay base, removable beveled glass panels, finished in distressed Rustic Cherry on select hardwoods and veneers, adjustable levelers under each corner, automatic nighttime chime shut-off option, locking door, and measures 93 inches high by 32.25 inches wide by 19 inches deep.  And this showcase can be yours if the price is right!

And 'Nique, what do you bid on your showcase?

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2008, 05:15:27 PM »
For some reason I smell really cheap here, plus I honestly think Flerb overbid, so in light of both of those, I bid $12,000.

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 35--THE END
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2008, 05:55:41 PM »

All right, and now to see who has won his or his showcase.  Flerbie, for dramatic purposes, since I know the results of course, I'll start with you.  Flerbie, you bid $25,252 on your showcase, and Flerbie, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

$32,079, for a difference of?

ding!

$6827.  Now, 'Nique, on to you.  You bid $12,000 on your showcase, and 'Nique:  the actual retail price of your showcase is!

$11,331, you're over!  And Flerbie is the winner!

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!

You've won, Flerbie!

You have won $33,953 in prizes today, including... well, that showcase!  Frank here, reminding you to help control the Saturday morning cartoon population, but the networks are doing a fine enough job of that without our help.  Goodbye everybody!

sideshowPA:  $47,384
Flerbert419:  $33,953
rob79:  $22,515
UniquePerspective:  $2406
BRB_TheFireball:  $1735
uion1715:  $1500

*For first place in the FPG is a tie!  Both wpghi5 and uion1715 have two main game points and two confidence points.  They both correctly guessed Most Expensive would show up second, and they can both become first four contestants in the next episode by merely signing up!  On another note, I'm still scratching my head as to why almost everyone who picked Five Price Tags slotted it second.  Can't figure that one out....

*Professor Price will not be played again in the future.  Say goodbye to the game.  Though honestly, even if I weren't putting the game out of its misery, it probably would've been another 35 or so shows before I drug it back out again, anyway.

*Shopping Spree, on the other hand, will show up again in the future, even if it is apparently cursed.  There may not have been a technical win in Shopping Spree this time, but another game in this episode essentially had one.

*I really, really need to learn how to make the easier bags in It's in the Bag, well, easier.  I didn't intend for the second bag to be so difficult.

*Speaking of It's in the Bag, the second half lineup was the reason I was basically rushing through the first showcase showdown.  Guess the Professor Price trouble didn't help much, though.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2008, 06:22:02 PM »
Congratulations, Unique--you just got shot down by a Fireball Special®. :P
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »
Congratulations, Unique--you just got shot down by a Fireball Special®. :P

No. I HEELS'ED a Fireball special. There's a difference. :p

Season 39 CSS Stats:

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »
That first showcase was even more expensive then I expected.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024