Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/14/2009  (Read 20745 times)

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/14/2009
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »
Didn't get to see the show today, but lineup craziness ensued. Look at that 10 Chances time! And look what the rest of the show did to catch up.
"Official timings" in parentheses
Push Over (4)- 2:52
10 Chances (6) - 7:49
Switch? (3.5) - 3:06
Pick A Pair (4.5) - 3:46
Dice Game (4.5) - 3:56
Coming Or Going (3.5) - 2:50
Total time (26 - but probably a good thing they allowed the extra time for 10C): 24:19

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 09:15:11 PM »
Two notes:

One, I like the fact that Drew didn't convince her to change her mind on the boat (from what I saw on here, I didn't see the show) Not that a loss wasn't obvious, but I think contestants should be meant to play the game without influence of others. It's their decisions, and even if they're wrong, they're the one playing it.

Second, a question to Joe_Cap. You put (OS) in parentheses behind William. What does that mean?
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
(OS) in parentheses means the contestant came on down and went up on stage instead of
stopping in contestant's row.
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »
specifically, I believe (OS) means Overshoot...
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 10:14:52 PM »
Bob certainly would have made a big deal out of the guess, but if the contestant really wanted to stop it there, I'm certain he would have let her.  Bob allowed his fair share of dumb guesses throughout his time of hosting...

Oh, sure, he would have let her stop there if she really wanted to, but he definitely would have tried to talk her out of her guess ("You believe that is an $81,000 boat?").

I like the fact that Drew didn't convince her to change her mind on the boat (from what I saw on here, I didn't see the show) Not that a loss wasn't obvious, but I think contestants should be meant to play the game without influence of others. It's their decisions, and even if they're wrong, they're the one playing it.

Except when a contestant playing five-digit Push Over stops on a price in excess of eighty thousand dollars, you question if he completely understands what he is doing.  I question if Cassandra understood what she was doing because I got the impression she didn't making a guess like she did.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Online Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 10:23:35 PM »
But ultimately, I don't believe it is Drew's job to ensure the contestant makes a reasonable guess.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 10:25:45 PM »
Push Over was...um...wow.  That certainly was the worst guess anyone's ever made in that game.

Speaking of Push Over -- and specifically, 5-digit Push Over -- it seemed odd that there were only two possible answers instead of three.  (Not that either of them ended up being chosen, anyway, but that's beside the point.)

I'm glad Ten Chances got played...but damn, it just doesn't sound right with the Line em Up cue playing over the first two prizes.  It needs Sam.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 10:27:36 PM »
I'm just glad Deborah is sentenced to hard time with Mimi. Stan never should have picked her with a shirt like that.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Denise
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »
But ultimately, I don't believe it is Drew's job to ensure the contestant makes a reasonable guess.

True, but it is his job to ensure contestants understand how to play their pricing game, which involves Drew understanding how all the pricing games are supposed to be played.

I'm glad Ten Chances got played...but damn, it just doesn't sound right with the Line em Up cue playing over the first two prizes.  It needs Sam.

This is very true.  We've had a lot of mixed up cues lately.  From Showcase cues being used as prize cues and vice-versa, the good old rules of cues are desperately needed back.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline jcron

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »
first to Cory...I am so happy that you won...I saw you and knew that you was a contestant worth routing for.  I was hoping you would win everything.

Thank you for your confirmation on Cassandra and the 81k...it is nice to know that when she stopped it she didn't realize she was playing for a 5 digit price...I can forgive her on that one, but I do think Drew should of said something about it first, just because the price was so high...

I guess after hearing about the misunderstanding I can look back and take back my thoughts of hoping she would not win the showcase, but if you look at it, a lot of loyal viewers would not know the information and would have done the same thing I did by wishing she did not win the showcase.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 11:56:16 PM »
I would agree about the small prize and grocery item plugs. I understand that product names aren't supposed to be used if the item promotion is not paid for, but the plugs sound so lame and corny. Surely something better can be written.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:58:21 PM by Hag »
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 01:28:18 AM »
I'm just glad Deborah is sentenced to hard time with Mimi.

Trouble is, Deborah was not a "First Four." But she and Luke both were equal in one regard. Terrible bidding.

Quote from: Further, heels
Stan never should have picked her with a shirt like that.

Agreed. Anyone wearing that shirt in public should be sent to the nearest corner for a timeout. No class.

Quote from: UniquePerspective
Second, a question to Joe_Cap.

Who in the world is THAT? It's not me.

Quote from: UniquePerspective
You put (OS) in parentheses behind William. What does that mean?

(OS) = On Stage. In other words, he came on up when he should have came on down.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 04:27:59 AM »
I also had a momentary lapse in Push Over where for some reason I was looking at a four digit price.  I think the contestant may have been nervous or something.

Joe

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 04:50:53 AM »
Who was that supposed to be on William's shirt?  I wish Drew would've asked... that's been bugging me for a while now.

Speaking of William, that was about the most random "keep the first showcase" I can remember.  He didn't seem all that interested in the showcase, and it's not like he won a car earlier in the show, yet he kept it anyway.  Go figure.

As for Cassandra and Push Over... words cannot describe that.  I think I can say that's the worst the game's ever been played in Price is Right history, though.

Steven actually played Ten Chances pretty darn well for not knowing the zero rule.  Might have pulled off the win had he known the rule, but too late to worry about that now.

They actually offered shoes twice in today's show.  And I wouldn't wear any of them.

Quote from: SteveGavazzi
Speaking of Push Over -- and specifically, 5-digit Push Over -- it seemed odd that there were only two possible answers instead of three.

Not as odd as that playing on an MDS from last season where there was only one possible answer instead of three!  And even that, beyond all belief, was nearly lost....

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 09:43:56 AM »
i feel bad for the pushover girl if she really thought it was 4 digits instead of 5... but she did when the showcase so i guess i dont feel that bad.

I thought they could of made 10 chances more exciting today by throwing a different number in there as the fake number for the luggage so he could have had more chances at the car... Using 5 6 and 7 made it kinda tough.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.