Author Topic: Taping  (Read 3866 times)

Offline canada

• In the Audience
Taping
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
I'm planning to attend a couple of tapings next week.  I've heard that since Bob announced his retirement, you have to line up even earlier in order to get in.  Anyone know what time I should get in line?  I'm travelling 3000 miles so I'm not gonna miss it.

Thanks

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: Taping
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »
Welcome aboard, canada!

Since I'm planning on going to a TPiR taping in late March, I figured I might help you out.  From what I've been hearing, you might want to get in line by no later than 12:00 AM (PST) on the day of the taping; if you don't, you're gonna wind up SOL in terms of priority numbers!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline FastCompany

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 11:23:38 PM »
I'm planning a cross country trip as well.  From what I've heard, 12am may be cutting it close.  Once I get the tix in the mail, I hope to book a room at the Farmer's Daughter, which is the hotel right across the street from the studio.  That way, I'll be able to just walk outside and check the line every hour or so.  When folks start lining up, I'll be ready.

Good luck!

Offline ComeOnDown

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:28:49 AM »
Speakng of all of this, I was unable to get tickets for Monday's early taping, but was able to get them for the late afternoon taping.

When should I get in line?

PLEASE HELP...MY BRO AND I ARE GOING TO SEE THE SHOW AND WE JUST HAVE TO GET IN...We took off from work and we are from PA.

Any info anyone has would be great, and thanks!

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:58:18 AM »
I replied to your Private Message, ComeOnDown.
John

Offline pitlover

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:18:44 AM »
To show you how things have changed, when I went in September of 1986 with my folks, we got there at 8:30am and still got in...

Offline canada

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »
So if I'm in line by midnight, I should be ok to get in to the taping?  I was thinking maybe 4am but I guess I'll have to get there even earlier!

Offline plinkoguy05

• Outside in Line
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 11:21:29 AM »
Hey there..sorry it took me this long to reply to your message...i have all my arrangements together..im arriving on April 2.  I dont know what hotel I will be staying at but its somewhere close to the studio.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »
There are never any guarantees….especially during these last few months of Barker’s reign.  But to try to put it in very simple terms, here’s the question that you need to answer when planning a trip:

What time do I need to get to the studio to ensure that about 310 people are not already waiting at the studio when I get there?

In other words, Canada, it’s all on you.  How early are you willing to wake up to make sure that you are not #311 in line?

There will be, I don’t know, 600 people essentially competing for 300 seats.  Take steps to make sure that you beat the majority to the studio, and make sure that you have tickets in hand.

Good luck!

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 08:14:16 PM »
Seems to me just based on what I've read that most people try to go to a Monday taping (either one).  Have any of the tapings on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday been any less crowded?  i.e. has the line been any shorter, or is it pretty consistent all week long?

Offline mkeeney

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 09:59:19 PM »

canada wrote:
So if I'm in line by midnight, I should be ok to get in to the taping?  I was thinking maybe 4am but I guess I'll have to get there even earlier!

From what I've been reading here, I'd recommend being there no later than Midnight.  

As an aside, a friend and I are planning a trip in May.  I'm already anticipating needing to be in line by 6 or 7pm the night before and even that might not be early enough!  (Call me nuts for wanting to go in May, but I LOVE the show!)

Good luck to you!

Offline canada

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »
Thanks for the info.....I've wanted to do this my whole life and when I heard Bob was retiring I knew that I had to do it now.  I'll be in line by midnight with my tickets so here's hoping I make it in!