Author Topic: Bob's 36th season deadline  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Bob's 36th season deadline
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:40:37 PM »
There was a short interview with Bob on one of the entertainment shows tonight. When asked if he was considering retirement, he mentioned that he had to give a response regarding whether he'd return for a 36th season by Dec. 31. That was an interesting fact, I didn't know that. But I know his response will be "yes" to another season.  :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: Bob's 36th season deadline
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 03:00:07 PM »
And so begins another year of this, before the current season is even started!
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 03:40:11 PM »
Well, I didn't mean for it to be a "will he/won't he" thing, just that I didn't know the date he had to make a decision by. I don't plan to speculate any farther on it.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 11:28:28 PM »
I wasn't criticizing you, Hag.  I'm sure the annual speculation-fest will get into high gear just in time for November sweeps.  That's when the tabloid shows like "ET" and "Extra" will start the whole "will he/won't he" thing.

I don't recall how long Bob's current contract will continue...I seem to remember he recently signed a five-year deal, but maybe it wasn't as "recently" as I think.  In any case, he still has to notify Fremantle annually if he intends to actually continue another year.

(They're certainly not going to show him the door.)
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 11:33:52 PM »
I know bob has always said that he will continue as long as his feet and body can keep going.  And you have to admit, not many people his age are still hosting gameshows.  But I'm sure if bob decided to stop, we would know before anyone else.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 11:35:20 PM »
That 5 year deal was signed earlier this year...it was announced on a show in late Season 34.

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 11:49:24 PM »
And you have to admit, not many people his age are still hosting gameshows.

You also have to admit, not many people his age are still walking without some sort of help.  He's in better shape than most 75-year-olds I know.

I sometimes wonder myself when the time will come when Bob will give up hosting the show.  Ten seconds later, I get my mind off it, because it's not worth thinking about.  It happens when it happens, and we'll deal with it then.  For now, we'll let the checkbook journalists (i.e. tabloids) talk about it and get ready for the new season which starts in just over 2 weeks!

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 10:55:43 AM »
I wasn't criticizing you, Hag. I'm sure the annual speculation-fest will get into high gear just in time for November sweeps. That's when the tabloid shows like "ET" and "Extra" will start the whole "will he/won't he" thing.

Okay, I see what you mean now. Peace out. :)

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 11:30:33 AM »
I hope Bob continues to host so, when I turn 18, I am able to go to the show and (hopefully) get on stage!  It will not be the same without Bob!
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.