Author Topic: Arrival time for a Monday 4PM taping?  (Read 5341 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Arrival time for a Monday 4PM taping?
« on: January 30, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »
When would be a good time to arrive for a 4PM taping on a Monday? I'm going with a few friends and they don't want to have to get up at the butt crack of dawn... :lol:

I've thought about getting tickets from HolywoodTix or TvTix to circumvent that problem... has anybody gone that route?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Arrival time for a Monday 4PM taping?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
If I was attending a 4pm taping, here's what I'd do.  I'd get up at 5:30am, wander over to the line just before 6, pick up my OOA number, and then go back to my room and fall asleep until I could come back at whatever time they told us to be back for the 4pm taping.

(Well, technically, the only reason I'd be doing a 4pm taping is if I just got out of the 1pm taping and they still had 4pm seats, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  ;) )
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Todd97

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:53:43 PM »
The question is....do you care where you sit or do you just want a guaranteed admission?

If you don't care where you sit, take the "guaranteed" route with the 3rd party websites (tvtix, etc). 

If you want a seat in the center section, get a cbs.com ticket and get in line around 5:45. 

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:07 PM »
I'm confused by some conflicting reports about the TvTix/Hollywood Tickets priority tickets.

Most have stated that these seats are "guaranteed" (as much as they can be anyways), though you will likely get crappy seats, and when you arrive doesn't matter as you're assigned priority numbers after the CBS tickets (as long as you arrive by the time stated on the ticket (9am or 12pm)).

However, this message by Willy confuses me a bit. According to that post, CBS guarantees to let in a certain number of those tickets every day, and they start issuing priority numbers for these tickets at the same time as the CBS tickets (8am). So, if I'm reading this correctly - arriving earlier with one of these tickets can lead to a better seat, and theoretically, if you arrive too late, you could be denied admission.

Could somebody give the low down on what is correct? I'm going the TvTix route, because simply put, my friends did a camp out with me for one of Bob's last shows, and they've already said they're never doing it again.
I'm a gif.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 05:41:07 PM »
Well, ignore the message above, as it no longer matters - Monday & Tuesday's tapings were cancelled due to Drew having the flu.
I'm a gif.