Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--THE END  (Read 20308 times)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #4 OVERBID
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
$600.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #4 OVERBID
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2009, 04:15:50 PM »
$601, Mister Frank. *smiles sweetly*
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #4 DOUBLE OVERBID
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »
sidey, I am honestly surprised everyone's trying to $1 you.  I mean, pathy has a nice lavish $150 range.  You only had a tiny $51 range, yet you're the one everyone's picking on.  I don't get it either.

All right.  And the acbonk! rebonk!tail bonk! OH COME bonk! ON! bonk!

Sigh... well, we haven't had one of these since Episode 11.  Until today, anyway.  Anyway, that sound means that you have all overbid.  Again.  The lowest bid is $450, erase the bids please, and go lower than $450 pathy!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
haa haa, take THAT you one-uppers!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
Le sigh...
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
I feel like we have gone back to the 70s with this IUFB. I am going to say $275.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2009, 02:24:13 PM »
Time to pick random numbers......416, one day after tax day
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »
$329.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2009, 07:19:43 PM »
$417, Mister Frank? *shrugs*
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #4
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2009, 07:39:41 PM »

Well, I think I can safely not worry about the buzzer this time.  But who's won the rocking chair?  The actual retail price of that chair is...

$449, and Hannah wins!  Finally someone wins!  And Hannah, as the winner, I want you to follow me waaaay back here to the big doors, where we have the fourth pricing game all ready and raring to go, and OH-pen those doors!

It's Safe Crackers!  Now, the lovely Dian will open that safe, and show us the two prizes you can win inside, look!

Rich:  An elegant grand piano.  From Rawlings, this 5-foot Victorian grand piano in brown Sapeli mahogany has a solid spruce soundboard, German hammers, 17 ply hard rock maple pinblock, wet sand cast plate, and hardwood ribs and posts.

And also, a rockin' electric guitar.  The Dean Boca 12-string black electric guitar has a semi-hollowbody with arched top, dual humbuckers, master volume and tone controls, adjustable bridge with stop tailpiece, and 3-way pickup selector.  It's a Safe Crackers prize package worth $14,645!

And lock that safe, Dian!  Now Hannah, you will win both of those prizes if you can crack that safe, and the combination to the safe is the same as the price of the guitar.

In the price of the guitar, there is a 0, there is a 5, and there is a 6.  Set the first dial to the first number in the price, the second dial to the second, and the third dial to the third, and if it's the right price, the safe will open and you will win both of those prizes.  Keep in mind that none of the numbers repeat, and crack open that safe!

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--PG #4
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
Hm... *current Safe Crackers cue plays as she walks over; Hums the Pink Panther theme, however*

*sets first dial to 6, second to 5, and third to 0 for a price of $650*

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 37--IUFB #5
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2009, 08:09:40 PM »
The current cue is playing?  I'm going to need to give our musical director a reprimand after the show, 'cause he wasn't supposed to be playing that one.  Sorry about that, Hannah.

All right, you have the price set at $650, and now turn that wheel to the left... now to the right... now to the left again... now a three-quarters turn to the right while hopping on one foot and patting your head while humming Yankee Doodle, and pull on that handle!

bonk!

No... it's locked.  The price was $560.  Hannah, I'm sorry this didn't go better for you.  And I'm sorry it looks like Janice is going to suffocate inside the safe.  Shame when that happens.  There's more Price is Right coming up!

Rich:  Stay tuned for more pricing games and the fabulous showcases which are coming up on the second half of The Price is Right!

Rich, who will it be?

Rich:  BRB_TheFireball, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And take your spot right down there, Fiery, and here comes the lovely Holly with the next item up for bids.

Rich:  And the lovely Holly is using a loud microphone.  From Audio-Technica, this stereo mic is battery operated, ideal for DAT recording as well as TV, FM, and field applications, has a compact lightweight design, closely-matched elements to provide the spatial impact and realism of a live sound field, excellent channel separation, switchable low-frequency roll-off, and includes a 1.7 foot long cable, and a 10 foot long cable.

Fiery, you get the first bid on that.

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2009, 08:29:05 PM »
Just went with what made sense - $650 looked much better for it, and with a total of $14645 a thought of $13095 looked more sensible than $14085.

I went with my gut, and that's what matters.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2009, 04:43:46 PM »
Ah, yes... the ol' friggin' random microphone one-bid.

$999
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »
$1200?