Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: FINALE (Comments Welcome!)  (Read 19019 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
After over two years, this series has reached another milestone, show #15!  I have awarded over $1 million in cash and prizes over the last 14 shows and now I hope to add to that with this celebration!  So come on down here and see if you can take some more of this show's dollars!

On our last show, Todd went from naught to $76,791, and become our biggest single-day winner in this seres' history.  His winnings included two cars and $26,000 in cash.  88JRFAN managed to win the least-expensive car in the history of this series as well.  We also bid a fond farewell to Barker's Bargain Bar, departing this series until it comes back in the future and BRB_TheFireball is the only person to have won it on this series.  We also had a very interesting Sailor Moon-themed showcase last show, and I got a lot of positive feedback for it, so you can expect much more creative showcases in this show and the ones after it.

Here are the rules:

*Contestants will have 24 hours to place a bid, play a game, etc.  Miss the deadline once, you will receive a warning; if you do it twice, you are out of the game.
*I will send a Private Message to contestants who are called on down, but after that it is the contestant's responsibility to know when it's his or her turn to play.
*If you are going to be absent from the game when it's your turn for one reason or another, please send a private message to me.
*Audience participation is encouraged.
*If someone is eliminated from the show for whatever reason, I will notify that contestant's replacement via a PM and bring them up to speed.
*The show will start on Thursday March 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM EST

As always good luck, have fun, and win big!  I also encourage those who have never signed up for this series before to give it a try; we always have a lot of fun and you could win big as well!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:55:55 AM by Frank15 »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: SIGN-UPS
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:00:46 AM »
I'm in 2 showcases right now (1 waiting, 1 won) + Frank FPG Win. Let's continue this streak hopefully on your show. I'm certainly in and first on this one!
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:20:09 AM »
Let's go, goldy.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »
I'm in again, goldie.  I'm looking to break the bank even further! :D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »
Come and give it me Goldie! I'm in!  :biggrin:

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 08:16:45 AM »
i am definitely in  :-D
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »
Sign me up, I would love to break my own record! :P
Signatures are overrated.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
I'm in.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
I would like to play again.

Offline yabbaguy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »
I'll get in on the fun. Haven't played a HYO here before, this'll be fun.

...right?  :-D

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »
I'll try this.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 04:19:07 PM »
Sure, I'm in. :-)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 04:43:20 PM »
I'm signing up, and you should know who I am. Host-Your-Own shows are always fun, mainly due to the ability to shout "What the hell is THAT?!?" without pissing people off.

Actually, that happens on the real show, too...

I'll get in on the fun. Haven't played a HYO here before, this'll be fun...right?  :-D

In a word, YES. Most all of the HYO shows lately have been top-notch, high-quality productions - especially Frank's version due to the insistence on describing measurements that helps the mind's eye shape the prizes.

And, of course, Frank trying to talk over that git's sounding the "All Overbid" buzzer. :-)
-Daniel
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 04:40:49 AM »
Count me in GRF; maybe I can show you a trick on how to make a Showcase that costs less than $10,000 in total price!  :mrgreen:

I'm signing up, and you should know who I am. Host-Your-Own shows are always fun, mainly due to the ability to shout "What the hell is THAT?!?" without pissing people off.

Just like that 1972-style Showcase I gave you that one time!  :P
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: IUFB #1
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 07:52:34 PM »
(cheers and applause)(Walking 2007)

Here it comes!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood!

Celebrating our fifteenth show on Golden-Road.net, the fabulous Price is Right!

GoldenBulldog, come on down!

yabbaguy, come on down!

prizes22, come on down!

And UniquePerspective, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right!

(2007 main theme)

And now, here is the star of The Price is Right, entertaining Golden-Road.net for the last two years, goldroadfanatic!

(wild cheers and applause)(enters through the audience and high-fives members)(Janice hands off mic)

Welcome to our fifteenth show on Golden-Road.net!

(applause)

Thank you all very much, thank you Rich Fields, I welcome you all to the fifteenth show of goldroadfanatic’s Price is Right!

Yes it’s that long and here we are, show number fifteen.  I can’t believe it has been two years since I first entered through the audience on our first show, take a look!

And, now here is the star of The Price is Right, goldroadfanatic!(he enters through the audience, high-fiving audience members and coming up on stage.  Janice hands the microphone off.)

(cheers and applause)

A lot of things have changed since then, Drew Carey is the new host, we have a new set, and we have some other new additions. We will use one of them as I direct you four to look back at the first item up for bids!

(1983 trip cue)

It’s a wonderful trip to San Francisco!

(applause)(Dian models it)

You and a guest will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to San Francisco, where you will spend a 6-night stay in a deluxe King Bay view room at the Argonaut Hotel!  Perched on the edge of San Francisco Bay for a luxurious guest experience, turn of the century architecture, red brick walls, and Douglas fir beeves, embody a rich nautical history!

That trip goes to the one who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over.  Bully, what do you bid?

Bidding Order:
GoldenBulldog
yabbaguy
prizes22
UniquePerspecitve
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."