Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: FINALE (Comments Welcome!)  (Read 19018 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: PG #5
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2009, 07:34:08 PM »
pathfinder wants the nine and Holly will insert it into the slot.

Now I will ask, do we have a winner?

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

(cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

Yes, we finally have a winner in this half of the show!  pathfinder20 is our man, he saved the second half of The Price is Right!  Now I want you to see one of the most painful overbids, made by FieldsFan336 back on episode #11:

FieldsFan, you must be closer than that to win; you bid $21,000 on your showcase.  The actual retail price is...Twenty thousand...

....nine ninety-four ($20,994)
, you're over by just six dollars!

MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

I'm so sorry, FieldsFan; JokerFan, you're the winner! 

(2007 main theme)(wild cheers and applause)

We will see if we can have another winner after this!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: IUFB #6
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2009, 07:44:16 PM »
Rich, you only have one more name to call, make it count!

Indeed I will, goldroadfanatic, I'm looking for rob79, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

rob has made his way to Contestants Row and Holly is coming down with the next item up for bids!

(2003 jewelry cue)

It's an elegant diamond ring!

(applause)(Janice models it)

This diamond ring is made of 14-carat white gold and features a .5 carat diamond three-section flower ring!

What do you bid on that, rob?

Bidding Order:
rob79
Flerbert419
BRB_TheFireball
Todd
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2009, 11:03:56 PM »
$2275.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2009, 01:08:57 AM »
$1599.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »
$999
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
Oh boy...$1000!
Signatures are overrated.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: IUFB #6-OVERBID
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2009, 03:28:49 PM »
I think it's safe to assume that a new record of six one-ups in one show has been set here.

BUZZBUZZBUZZ

That sound means you all have overbid.  The lowest bid is $999; erase those bids, please.  Go lower than $999, rob.

In the interest of keeping the show moving, I am declaring the overbid now, without a graphic because I am unable to do a proper CR one from my laptop.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:31:22 PM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2009, 12:02:05 AM »
$725

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2009, 01:26:07 AM »
$799.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »
$899
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »
One dollar!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #15: PG #6
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »

The last item up for bids of the show, who will win?  The actual retail price of that ring is...$699 and Todd wins with that $1 bid! 

(Walking 2007)(applause)

Welcome to the stage Todd.  We have had only two winners out of five games and I really want to end this show by breaking even with wins and losses.  I would like to accomplish that by giving you this thing that's coming out right now!

It's a new SUV!

(Truck/Van Cue)(wild cheers and applause)(Janice drives it out)

The 2009 Ford Escape XLS Manual Front Wheel Drive I4!  Zip around town or in the wilderness in this rugged SUV; it comes with standard features plus Cargo package and cargo area protector, the Ford Escape!

Step right over here Todd, we are going to play Lucky $even.  What is the first number in the price of the SUV?

DING

It's two.  I will give you seven one dollar bills and I want you to tell me the next number in the price of the SUV.  For every number that you are away from the correct one, you will pay me one dollar.  You must have at least one dollar left at the end of the game in order to win this SUV.  What is the second number in the price?

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »
Woohoo!! Let's try a 1.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »
He says the second number is one, open the door!

DINGDING(applause)

It is one!  You keep all seven dollars; what is the next number?

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
Oh boy! Hmm....6.