Author Topic: With Bonus Game back...  (Read 7857 times)

Offline Trevtpir

• Walking the Golden Road
With Bonus Game back...
« on: March 24, 2009, 05:58:49 AM »
Could we see a return of 3 Strikes and Triple Play before the season's over?  One could only hope.  By the way, when are we supposed to see games like Cliffhangers and Shell Game played for cash?  Wasn't that supposed to happen?  When's the first airdate for a "new" cash game?

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: With Bonus Game back...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:17:27 AM »
3 Strikes coming back?  I live in hope :)  but last I heard that game was still on vacation while they work on the budget situation.

I didn't know Cliffhangers and Shell Game were supposed to be played for cash?  When was that announced?  And I thought Gas Money was the new "cash game" of the season?  (Or is it really considered a cash game since they also offer a car?)
Bazinga!

Offline pete1974

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:28:15 AM »
I wonder if they took a cue from the current video game of TPIR where Shell Game and Cliff Hangers are played for cash?

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
I was getting pessimistic about seeing Bonus again until yesterday, but they did play it, so I guess there's hope yet for the others. Anything can happen.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:55:28 AM »
I didn't know Cliffhangers and Shell Game were supposed to be played for cash?  When was that announced?

John announced this back in January.

- Similar to non-car games being played for cars, non-cash games will be played for cash.  (i.e. SP/GP games)

As of yet, this hasn't come to light. (Take that as a good/bad thing as you will.)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
I wonder if they took a cue from the current video game of TPIR where Shell Game and Cliff Hangers are played for cash?

Well, we can all dream, can't we? I remember seeing an HYO show where Grocery Game was played for $100,000. So it might've been inspired by one or the other.

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 07:41:36 PM »
Which I played. And lost. *shakes fist* DAMN THAT MILK FOR BEING SO CONVINCING! *shot*
-Daniel

:-D

(P.S. - That was the same "segment" as the infamous Wal-Mart gift card IUFB. Frank mentions that occasionally now as a sort of in-joke.)
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:37:44 PM »
Could we see a return of 3 Strikes and Triple Play before the season's over?

What do you have against Credit Card, Take Two, Shopping Spree, and Make your Mark?  If it's because these games can't be played for cars or cash, then couldn't they have gold as one of the prizes like in some SCs?
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »
What do you have against Credit Card, Take Two, Shopping Spree, and Make your Mark? 

You took the words right out of my mouth.  :-P

I know Credit Card was played for the only time on Halloween, that I do know and it seems like forever since TT, SS, and MYM have been played that I don't even remember the last time they showed!

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 05:25:38 AM »
3 Strikes coming back?  I live in hope   but last I heard that game was still on vacation while they work on the budget situation.
Another possibility.... if I were in charge, after the awful mess they made of Three Strikes at the beginning of this season, I'd want to rest the game a while, maybe even as long as a year. Let people forget about the game in general, and especially the different-rules-every-time and the notion that it's "tedious", and return it as if those playings never happened. Though if it's not back by Halloween (or if someone posts photos of the game *itself* in the trash pile) then I'll start worrying.

Offline Trevtpir

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:00 AM »
What do you have against Credit Card, Take Two, Shopping Spree, and Make your Mark?  If it's because these games can't be played for cars or cash, then couldn't they have gold as one of the prizes like in some SCs?

I don't have anything against those games.  I forgot about 'em  :biggrin:  Way to go Adam Sandler for not putting them in the lineups.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 08:18:21 AM »
i'd really love to see 3 strikes back. played with its classic rules (1 strike in the bag and fancy cars)
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
I don't have anything against those games.  I forgot about 'em  :biggrin:  Way to go Adam Sandler for not putting them in the lineups.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Not all of us think that was such a hot idea.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »
That was the same "segment" as the infamous Wal-Mart gift card IUFB.

You still harking on that?  Geez!  It was my stupid fault for doing that.  Don't worry, I don't think I'll be that mean again!

Anyway, they need to bring back the multi-prizers such as Credit Card, and Shopping Spree.  They also need to bring back 3 Strikes, but I agree that it should be put on rest for a while, due to both the Economy and the stupid moves made earlier (which I shall not rehash).  For the non-cash games played for cash, what's the problem?  It's certainly a good idea, if they know how to implement it properly!

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »

Yes. Great job. Failing to schedule some of the great multi-prize games the show is just what we hoped for.  :roll:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:51:33 PM by temptation1979ga »