Author Topic: "AMERICAN IDOL" CANCELLED!!!  (Read 3564 times)

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
"AMERICAN IDOL" CANCELLED!!!
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:21:42 AM »
After eight seasons and a handful of awards, and before it has had a chance to declare a winner for this season -- that's right! -- Fox is pulling the plug on "American Idol".

Perhaps it's because it's finally starting to sag in the ratings, or because the show has finally become too expensive for Fox. One would think that's why the show is going off the air...but it's not.

Really, the reason is because Fox has hired a new programming manager, who did not leave his name for the publisher of this article (but his first initial is T). That new programming manager has decided that "Who Wants to Be a Superhero?" and "American Gladiators" are far better than "Idol", so "Superhero?" and "Gladiators" are replacing "Idol" effective immediately after the conclusion of tonight's "Idol" results show. "Superhero?", last seen in the Summer of 2007 on cable's Sci-Fi Channel, will air on Fox Tuesday nights preceding the new variety show starring the Osbournes that just premiered last night. Reruns of "Gladiators" from that show's recent run on NBC will air on Wednesday nights where the "Idol" results shows used to be, with brand new episodes slated to air this Fall, and those new episodes will show all events in their entirety -- NO telling viewers to go online to see some of them, NO editing long Eliminator runs down, the whole nine yards.

In celebration of the arrivals of "Superhero?" and "Gladiators" on Fox, Hyper-Strike and The Defuser, two of the final three contestants from the former's last season on Sci-Fi, will compete to win $1,000,000 on a special edition of Fox's "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" later this month. Another special edition of "5th Grader" slated to air this month will feature Crush and Rocket, two of the Gladiators from "Gladiators", competing to win the $1,000,000 prize.

Lastly, all stores currently selling "Idol"-related merchandise are being forced to pull said merchandise off of their shelves, and the "American Idol Experience" attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly Disney MGM Studios) in Orlando is being torn down.

So, how did I find all this out?

Well, take the initial letters of the first five paragraphs and put that together with "FOOLS!"
-- Thad Dixon

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" CANCELLED!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »
And a hap-hap-happy April Fools to you as well. (I could only hope beyond my wildest dreams that AI got canceled).
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:53:51 AM »
(I could only hope beyond my wildest dreams that AI got canceled).

Same here.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 11:37:30 AM »
i hear ryan seacrest is leaving the show.

april fools. hahaha. just kidding.
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »
Having American Idol cancelled would be about the best thing I can imagine happening on television.

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 11:49:14 AM »
Don't tease me!  If it were only true.

Offline Pikachu732001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Big Ones anyone? Anyone?
    • Howard Salwasser's Bracket Watch
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »
Having American Idol cancelled would be about the best thing I can imagine happening on television.

And the entire Earth would be better off for it.
2015-16 Big One Tracker: 65(3 PRIMETIME & 2 WIPEOUTS)
2016-17 Big One Tracker: 60
2017-18 Big One Tracker: 11

We need more trailers.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 11:53:22 AM »

Hmm...let's take that to it's logical conclusion.

Fremantle, now without is best money-maker, goes belly-up in the latter half of 2009.  It's properties go on the auction block to the highest bidder, and since no one cares about game shows anymore, The Price is Right goes to Roger Dobkowitz Productions for the tidy sum of $516.32.  RDP takes the show, reigns in the host, and reverts the show to pre-1999 glory days.  The show receives much critical acclaim, but ratings continue to fall.  Price languishes on CBS's daytime schedule until mid-2012, at which point it is cancelled in favor of the 43rd hour of Today (now on five networks so they can fit all those hours in).  Today would continue expanding, but September 2012 is when we all get enslaved by 49-foot-11-inch monsters, so they never get the chance.

Long story short:  Humanity ends up in cages running in 13-foot-tall hamster wheels for all eternity.

Nah, I think I'll pass.  AI can stay.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 03:51:31 PM »
Am I the only person here that enjoys AI? One is the lonliest number. :lol:
Signatures are overrated.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »
...Nah, I think I'll pass.  AI can stay.

All that said, I still can't stand American Idol and wouldn't miss it a bit.  :oldlol:

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »
I hope people go though and clean up these boreds after april fools is over so people dont thonk some of this stuff is real
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 04:50:35 PM »
Well, last year, we did go through and lock some of them so people wouldn't try to keep them going, but I really don't think any of these we've seen so far seem "real" do they?

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
Am I the only person here that enjoys AI? One is the lonliest number. :lol:

No, you're not. Every year, I always have a soft spot for one or two Idols in the top 12 or so. This year, my votes have been going to Lil Rounds & Allison Iraheta. In the past, I've had soft spots for Kelly Clarkson, Kimberley Locke, Diana DeGarmo, Carrie Underwood, Katharine McPhee, Melinda Doolittle, Jordin Sparks, & Kristy Lee Cook.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »
I hope people go though and clean up these boreds after april fools is over so people dont thonk some of this stuff is real
"Thonk"?
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
If only this was real and not a gag...

Then the world would be a better place.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney