Author Topic: CSS Results for April 27  (Read 1143 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for April 27
« on: April 27, 2009, 03:09:21 PM »
If you aren't the winner, you garfed at least one showcase today. I didn't see anything particularly grand about the trips in the first showcase but apparently there was something that everyone but Kev347 and JokerFan missed. Nice trips, but they didn't seem super-deluxe. After the massacres last week, I also sense some cautious bidding by just about everyone. The second showcase came in a little higher than most thought, but the bidding was definitely better. Some very close bidding, too, with nine players scoring between 76 and 79 points.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for April 27, 2009 -- Game 139

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for April 27
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »
I'll take the points after going over three consecutive times.  Gosh, I think that Athens trip has my head spinning.

Frank sucks yet again at this game.....

Online Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »
GOSH DAMMIT... 24409 / 23309 - these are the SCs I needed on Friday!! :evil: :P

There you go Kev, I knew you would come through...Greece is usually 9k+...Egypt looked really exotic to me like Africa, and it was 8 days, so I put it at 4/3s of Greece...and I would have won. Now I actually have to play & perform like this in my final couple of playings...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:27:36 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
Frank, what exactly do they put in the water down there?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 04:33:51 PM »
$27,000 was a perfectly reasonable bid for the second showcase.  I'm not sure why I'm the only one who actually went over.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
Well being the fact my chat locked up and i didn't know what i was bidding on besides 2 trips, and I was playing in the blind, i'm just glad i scored ANYTHING...
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
Jordan's Unofficial CSS Rule of Thumb: Never bid below an amount in $500 increments of the lowest showcase this year, which in this case will mean $13,500. No point bidding below that if we haven't even SEEN a showcase below that amount a year, and even the fact that we haven't seen one below $13,000 since 35.  

Back to relevance: Not the greatest day on my end but enough for 3rd. So I'll take it. Also, did saturn93 not submit his bids? Because in chat he mentioned he had a $5 DSW on 2.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »
Somehow I've had a way lately of matching the last two digits of the ARP of the showcases (see SC1 today).  I just wish I hadn't gone so conservative on those completely random trips.

And how that PT Cruiser showcase got up so high is beyond me.  Technically I didn't garf it, but I thought I'd be within a couple thousand for sure.  Something in there (the fridge?) was souped up.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 05:03:44 PM »
Something in there (the fridge?) was souped up.

That'd be my best guess. I mean, the fridge was retro, which in today's day and age makes the price a lot more unpredictable.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 05:38:23 PM »
27k was a pretty reasonable bid on 2. It assumes an expensive refrigerator, but stranger things have happened these days....

As for 1, I'll tell you what was expensive: Egypt. They don't offer Egypt often and it's because I don't think I've ever seen an Egypt trip on the show that didn't bust into five digit territory.  Plus that one was 8 nights, the pyramids, the Nile....$$$$$$$$. Throw in the fact that Athens is almost never cheap either...I actually shaved almost 1k off my bid to get to 23.7 and am really not surprised that it was what it was, nor that it was greater than 2. Evidently the refrigerator in 2 was $$$$ which caused garfing, but really, the PT Cruiser is cheap, but it's not THAT cheap. Probably around 19k with those options.

Still, congratulations to everyone for not going over! Woo, for once almost everyone scores!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 07:12:25 PM »
$27,000 was a perfectly reasonable bid for the second showcase.  I'm not sure why I'm the only one who actually went over.

The second showcase isn't the reason I made that post.  :)  (Well, okay, maybe it's about 20% of the reason...but only because you were the only person to bust it.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
$24,300/$27,100... this one stings. I outperformed Armadillo on the trips, yet I don't get the win. What's frustrating is that I knew I was likely a little bit over on the second showcase once I made my bid, but I'm very hesitant to shave, as it's typically hurt me in the past.

That it was. But that GOTC, though... unexplainable. :lol:

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 12:03:59 AM »
[insert "At least I did not go over" graphic here]

Frank.....Ouch. 

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 06:58:10 AM »
$22,107 / $24,107

I had a feeling that the trip SC would be more than the car SC.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16