Author Topic: Zoom-ins during intro  (Read 3238 times)

Offline asd2001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Zoom-ins during intro
« on: September 18, 2006, 01:28:13 AM »
On the eve of the 35th season premiere, I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for several years.

During the beginning of intro (while the different messages appear on the screen),  the camera often zooms in on certain individuals.  Among the faces I've recognized: Marc, ClockGameJohn, and Todd Newton.

But what about the various other people that receive the zoom-in treatment?  Are these always people with close ties to the show/staff and/or celebrities?

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: Zoom-ins during intro
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:13:15 AM »
Well, they might be celebrities, they might be "selected" news media, or they COULD just be normal audience members who are eager to hear their name and those magic three words:  "COME ON DOWN!!"

Don't worry, you'll see later on!!!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:20:41 PM »
The folks that get the tight zoom-in are usually friends or family members of somebody on the staff or crew.

When I was a page and my mom came out to L.A. to visit me, I of course made sure she had a seat at a Price taping. Before the show began, I introduced her to the various staff members, and much to my surprise, they gave her a zoom-in at the beginning of the show! I wasn't expecting them to do that!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Online FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 05:06:02 PM »
I once saw a zoom-in of Christine (Rich's wife)
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline David Frangioso

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 05:24:11 PM »
When was that?

FieldsFan336 wrote:
I once saw a zoom-in of Christine (Rich's wife)