Author Topic: CSS Results for May 6  (Read 1364 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 6
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
Winner today is TPIRSteven with the hard/soft DSW combination. Note that it can be very lucrative. And I DSWd too, which almost makes up for my absolutely atrocious bid on the trailer showcase. Must remember that the outdoor furniture is expensive... and that it exists. :rollold:

I don't know why I had the feeling that those trips weren't going to be big bucks. I budgeted $5K each, then about $2,500 for the Gucci/Armani/Prada stuff, and $6K for the TV/camcorder. Guess I was about right, and lots of people overbid this one. The second showcase... well, let's just not talk about that... ;)

[EDIT: Flerbert419's "accidental" overbid changed]

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 6, 2009 -- Game 146

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:35:36 PM by BuddyTom »
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: CSS Results for May 6
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »
17209 / 35309 ... darn. :P

Nice going Steven! :D
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 03:54:38 PM »
Man, my return to CSS on a daily basis has not been good. Let's recap this week so far...

Monday: OVER
Tuesday: OVER
Wednesday: OVER

What will tomorrow bring? Will I go OVER again? Will I DSW? Will I simply not go OVER? Will I allow Unique to extend the series lead? Find out...tomorrow, on Chatroom Showcase Showoff! :D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
Well, I...uh...yeah.  I really blew that first showcase, didn't I?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
Woot!  I took 5th today.  However, it's only out of 7 that scored.  :-\  It funny, when I posted my bid in chat, I said "These are eiterh spot-on or i've garfed them terribly".  Did not expect to do both!

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
Darn, really thought I had cashed 1. Now, it becomes a very ordinary CSS day. At least I scored and still came up with an OK finish.

And to think I originally had 18,725 on SC1. DSW territory. What could've been.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 04:54:54 PM by mikebev25 »
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
Sweet, another top 5 finish!  :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:46:12 PM »
:hammer: Another big day for me! :hammer:

I was also pretty sure the trips were going to be cheap.  Getting that right got me in the ballpark, and luck got me the $9 DSW!  I'm just glad I went with my first instinct and didn't blow it for the sake of an artistic bid.

I'm somewhat shocked that I cashed SC2 as well.  I initially had $34,269 there, thinking mid-$20,000s for the trailer and around $10K for everything else, but I backed off at the last minute.  I thought for sure somebody would have me beat as a result.  (Pathfinder20 actually did, but he sadly went over on the other one, and Fireball was also closer, but in the other direction.)

This definitely makes up for my OVER on Monday!  :-D

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »
The trailer is $19,943, from the 12/16 EXACTA. The TV was $4200 seen before...outdoor furniture was probably 8-9k...leaving 2-3 overall for the random BBQ + gazebo. As for the trips, both Britain & France are ones that have been turning out low recently, so look out...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
SC2 was not sexy enough.

:headbang:
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 10:58:11 PM »
I should have listened to the fact that you took the Chunnel to Paris instead of flying to Paris from LA. That mistake and overpricing everything else blew cash for me...

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 05:01:05 PM »
Well, I...uh...yeah.  I really blew that first showcase, didn't I?
No you didn't... your bid was perfectly logical, and mine was a bit over the top, but was still in the neighborhood that the ARP should have been in. I had $27,100/$32,300. There is really no excuse for that first showcase being that cheap, and I have no freaking clue how that many people scored on it.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 06:59:15 PM »
The trailer is $19,943, from the 12/16 EXACTA. The TV was $4200 seen before...outdoor furniture was probably 8-9k...leaving 2-3 overall for the random BBQ + gazebo. As for the trips, both Britain & France are ones that have been turning out low recently, so look out...

I believe there are two different Hi-Lo trailers.  One is $19,943, and the other is a few thousand more.  I don't know which one this was, but I assumed it to be the higher one.  If it was the cheaper one, then you're probably right.  My $10K estimate for all of the patio stuff may have been a bit low.  Now I'm interested in seeing Whinbaby's recap to see which Hi-Lo trailer it was.

Offline Wayoshi

• My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 07:00:02 PM »
I memorized it from the EXACTA as the 17' version. There's a 22' version that's about 25k or so. ;)

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 07:21:59 PM »
I memorized it from the EXACTA as the 17' version. There's a 22' version that's about 25k or so. ;)

Ah.  Thanks for clarifying that.  :-)