Author Topic: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 2 - THE BIG FINALE!  (Read 21111 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 2 - IUFB #2
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »
$750, CJ.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
Brent says $600. cu goes with $750. Thanks, guys.

DING!  DING!

To you, goldroad!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 05:14:24 PM »
$500
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 2 - PG#3
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
Okay! Goldroad says $500. JR? $769.

DING!  DING!

Actual retail price of the software IS... Wow, $1,647! JR, let's play!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING! (Walking 2007)

Welcome, JR! Yep, that's some expensive language software. And it's all yours. That's just the start for you though, JR. Look at all these prizes!

RICH: A fun elliptical, a new range, a lovely armoire, and a handy camcorder! (cheers and applause)

First, the Schwinn 431 elliptical features the most comfortable and compact design for your home. With 19 different workout programs, you can make reaching your fitness goals a reality.

Next, a new range! The new GE Profile Double Oven Freestanding Range offers the largest oven capacity in the industry. It allows you to cook 2 different dishes at 2 different temperatures at the same time with a spacious 6.5 total cu. ft. of cooking space.

Next, it's a beautiful armoire! This charming rustic Mexican armoire is hand made from kiln-dried ponderosa pine with genuine wormwood accent planks up to 250 years old. Plenty of storage for clothing, linens, or electronic equipment.

Finally, it's the Sony PC330 MiniDV 3.31-megapixel camcorder!Affording customers  the highest quality combination of digital video and still camera optics. Along with a 2.5-inch hybrid touch panel LCD for an easy-to-see 3D menu, this camera features 120X precision digital zoom. And there they are, CJ!

Thank you, Rich! JR, you'll win all four of those prizes if you Take Two that total $2,821. I'll give you two chances to do it. What's your first selection?

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 2 - PG#3. Or PG#2, Really.
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 11:19:47 AM »
CJ, this is very tough.  :-?

I'd like to try the eliptical trainer and the camcorder

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 2 - PG#2
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 11:53:48 AM »
Alright, JR. The eliptical is... $999. The camcorder is... $1,700. That's a total of what?

BUZZ!

Close! $2699. Not close enough though. You can keep either of those and trade the other away, or you can scrap both of them and choose the other two. What do you think, JR?

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »
I will keep the eliptical and choose the armoire please.

(covers eyes)

Offline FloridaAdam

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 10:59:32 AM »
At the risk of interfering, but only trying to be helpful, may I point out (before the game proceeds) that the Take Two board reads, in relevant part, "DISHWASHER" even though it is a range that is the corresponding offered prize?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »
At the risk of interfering, but only trying to be helpful, may I point out (before the game proceeds) that the Take Two board reads, in relevant part, "DISHWASHER" even though it is a range that is the corresponding offered prize?

By George, you're right. And there's further explanation to be done here as well, but I'll get to that in a moment. Despite the improper labeling, JR has elected to go with the Elliptical and the armoire. We know the elliptical is $999, now how much is that armoire? $1,139... For a total of...

BUZZ!

Now, allow me to explain. When I was writing this game, I had a couple of prizes in mind, and at one point, I believe I had a dishwasher instead of a range. That would explain why my mind created the "Dishwasher" sign for the board. As if that wasn't confusing enough for JR, the price of the range turned out to be only $18 less than the price of the camcorder, which my mind for some reason was under the impression was $2,700 when I included it in the game. A word of advice to future hosts, it's never a good idea to drink whilst writing a Host Your Own.

With all that out of the way, the only sensible thing I can do JR is GIVE you all 4 prizes. (Cheers and applause) It just wasn't fair, by any means, and that's not something I want to see on one of my shows. You have my apologies. I'll see you at the wheel! (Main Theme 2007)

So, I hit my first snag. I promise not to do it again! More pricing games after this.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 2 - IUFB #3
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
Rich, get me another contestant!

RICH: Alright, how about JHARVEY79! Come on Down!! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Jharv! Welcome to the show! Good luck to you. Take a look at the next item up for bids on our show!

RICH: It's a lovely diamond ring! (Applause)

This 14k yellow gold diamond ring makes a great addition to any jewelry collection. Channel set with 10 round shape GHI color and SI-I1 clarity diamonds, with a total weight of 1.00 carat!

What do you bid, Harv?

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 12:00:26 PM »
 :-o  :-) Thank you CJ.

Offline jharvey79

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 01:12:15 PM »
The ring looks like the same one my wife has from Wal-Mart! That was only a hundred bucks or so, but seeing that this is a one carat...

I bid $1050.
Will Plinko ever be won???

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »
Jharv says $1,050.

DING!

Offline Brent115

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
C.J. I'll say $1,500