Author Topic: CSS Results for May 27  (Read 935 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 27
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »
[Kathy Griffin] All of these trips can just suck it! [/Kathy Griffin]

But seriously, how the heck are we (or the people on stage) supposed to price things like... Belize? Or having what amount to essentially a crew of servants in your house? I mean, we know the price of the personal chef and the maids from past experience, but how many of us have priced them for ourselves?

I don't know if it's skill or luck, but namnhu12 did manage to DSW on the servants/stove/Belize package. The piano was pretty close between Flerbert and Fireball, but the former did win it.

Just for the record, please note that I didn't give the worst overbid on SC2. Almost, but not quite. :biggrin:

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 27, 2009 -- Game 161

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:16:21 PM by BuddyTom »
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Online Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: CSS Results for May 27
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 04:26:43 PM »
Of course, 19009 / 23009 works well today...grr.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »
It seems like this week is the week of FRTS. I am am just glad I did second overall.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »
After a little research, I've discovered that the piano in SC1 was over $9K, way more than I would expect for an upright.  That pretty much explains my garf there.

As for SC2, I went a bit too conservative with Belize, and I messed up on the personal trainer, as well.

So for the second time this week, I'm posting this:

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
It was kinda challenging pricing a professional chef, a personal trainer, and maid service for a year. SC #1 was easier to price.

Offline Umandsf

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »
Ugh, three overbids in a row. I need to rethink my strategy.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:12:42 PM »
...if I keep playing the way I have been, someone will have to strip me of the title of King of FRATS before long.

:headbang:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:22:17 AM »
$20,200/$23,300... heck FREAKING yes. In your face, evil second showcase. You threw this impossible-to-price personal trainer/chef/maid junk at me, and I still owned you. Not to mention Armadillo and everyone else. Nothing feels better than when I do this well, because it proves exactly why I play the way I do. Do I overbid more than most people? Sure. But you'll never see me safety garf or anything like that, because I am always going to go for it. Even though I may be on the wrong side more than I'd like to be, nobody can say that I'm not close. Rarely ever are my overbids atrocious. I mean, we call it a Heels for a reason. So I'll swallow the numerous heartbreaking overbids, because this kind of performance is precisely why I play the way I do. I don't regret it one bit.