Author Topic: Robert's "Let's PARTY! It's Season 35!" MDS -- The end! -- Results, notes, + comments welcome!  (Read 30552 times)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Wowzers....what a week....first of all, my birthday's tomorrow.....and I've already gotten a couple of what I'd call "early" birthday presents........the start of Season 35 on TPIR AND that wonderful DSW on Monday!

I thought one thing after that happened.......

"If The Dob can pull off all that, by golly I'm gonna try the same thing in my next Host Your Own show."

So, here we are!

It's an MDS format people -- be prepared for MILLIONS.

First, the nitpicky rules that I've got set up.....

Time limits:

You get 48 hours to bid/make decisions/etc.  (different from 24 hours in my past shows)

***BIG change compared to last show for not meeting deadlines***

Instead of an "extension" like I did last time, each player will get a 24-hour "time bank".  When you don't respond by the deadline for something, I'll buzz you and warn you that your time bank is now being "drained".  It'll stop draining when you make a decision/bid/etc.  If your time bank "drains" all the way to 0 *and* I buzz ya, you will be EJECTED....no questions asked, and I may make exceptions to this rule as I see fit.  (BTW, I'll do the time bank like the timestamps....in hours, minutes, and seconds)

(BTW, for those who ask.....I'm sorta experimenting with ways to get people to meet deadlines without giving unlimited time and without me having to disqualify contestants)

Helping contestants:

Audience members and other people who view the thread.....you may NOT help contestants during an IUFB.  You MAY help contestants during a pricing game.

For anything not listed if it comes up.....I reserve the right to do whatever's necessary, but I'll try to be as fair as possible about it if at all possible.

***SIGNUP INSTRUCTIONS***

I'm gonna do something like I did last time........a quiz.

This quiz is OPTIONAL.  However, people who attempt the quiz will get selection preference over those who just reply with "I wanna play".

Here's the quiz questions (not 100% TPIR-related, just like last time) -- all answers can be found on Golden-Road.net, in my profile, any websites in my profile, or easily searchable via a search engine:

1.  How much did Vickyann win total after her Double Showcase Win?  Answer must be EXACT.

2.  A dear friend of all of us at Golden-Road.net, Scott Robinson (MSTieScott), mentioned that in the rules that people sign when claiming prizes (or something like that) that there was a limit to how much a contestant could win.  We have since learned that it is no longer the case.  How much was this "limit" in question?

3.  In my MySpace profile, who is the person sitting down in my default profile picture?  (must give me the first and last name)

4.  In this show, a NEW pricing game will debut.  This pricing game is based on something that I have made reference to in previous shows.  Name the "reference".

5.  Within $100,000, predict the total of BOTH showcases added together.

To sign up, reply to this thread saying that you want to play.  AFTER you post your reply saying that you want to play, send me your answers (if you wish to try the quiz questions) in a PRIVATE MESSAGE.

I will grade the quiz answers and I will call down contestants in order from best score to lowest score.  There is one exception to this, and that would be for the 1st 4 contestants.....the lowest of the 4 top scores is the one who has to bid first....and the best score gets to bid last in the 1st IUFB.

If there's a tie in scores, ties go to the 1st person to submit the answers (if more than 1 is tied for the score, I'll go down in line in order of submission).

If ya have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I'm giving until Friday at high noon (12 PM) for people to sign up.  Good luck and enjoy the show!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Robert's "Let's PARTY! It's Season 35!" MDS -- SIGNUPS
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:08:26 PM »
Oh, I'm in!

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:09:43 PM »
I'm in.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 11:28:46 PM »
Count me in!  I want to redeem myself after losing that car...
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 11:39:30 PM »
I'm in

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 12:03:37 AM »
I'm in too!

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 02:12:20 AM »
I wanna play too but I ain't got time to hunt up  those quiz answers.

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 06:35:43 AM »
I'll play!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 08:14:01 AM »
I'm in!  Hopefully I can pull off the DSW I almost had last time.  PM coming shortly...

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 10:04:57 AM »
I'm in!

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »
Just to remind ya --- tomorrow at noon is the deadline for signing up!  For those of you who haven't submitted your answers, you'd better get 'em in, because tomorrow at noon is the deadline and I'll post the answers (and after I post the answers, no more quiz submissions will be accepted).

If ya wanna join.....you'd better go ahead and reply to this thread saying you wanna have a chance to play......worry about the quiz questions later (if you wish to do 'em at all)! :-)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 07:51:35 PM »
Im in.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »
I will play.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 11:47:42 PM »
Slight modification to the rules (but nothing big):

Once we start getting into the pool of players who did NOT attempt the quiz, it will be a random draw rather than who signed up first (different from last time, where I got into the people who didn't attempt the quiz and I went in order of signup).

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 03:07:29 PM »
I am going to answer at least one of the questions...

1. $147,187

unfortunatly, I have no idea on the other questions...