Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/20/2006  (Read 21571 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/20/2006
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 08:08:08 PM »
Show #6414

Ten Chances
Now, that we got a Broyhill in Season 35, all we need now is any piece of furniture from Ashley Furniture.  On your left is an Ashley/Broyhill scoreboard.

Showcase #1, based on Dr. Phil
Trip to Papaete, Tahiti - $10,579
Mitsubishi 62" Upgradeable DLP TV - $3,499
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible Deluxe - $26,050

And speaking of Dr. Phil, The show moved last week from WCIA 3 (CBS affiliate) to WICD 15/WICS 20 (ABC affiliate) in Champaign/Decatur/Springfield.

Showcase #2
Update:  I found out I have transposed the 4 and the 7 in the showcase price.  They are fixed now.
Aico Tresor Bedroom Group and a Comfortaire GS700 King Matress, and the Royal Duchess name has been dropped from Comfortaire's lineup. - $11,998
Bullfrog Spa (second appearance on the show) - $11,563
Yamaha RS90 Vector GT Snowmobile - $9,188

Modeling Report for September 20, 2006
This has also been updated as a result of the incorrect prices.

And Phire ignites the show with $93,971, which is a new Phire Dawson record!  This breaks her previous record from May 2, 2006, which was $80,502.

The prize count is 25 and the total value is $160,195!

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 10:12:01 PM »
Range game- Ouch that was a bad break there. I thought that kalanchi had that won.

Punchboard-Ugh another bad break there.

Marylin is officaly the first person this season to forget to go to contestant row.

Ten chances- Jeannine start of very well but started to falter  towards the end but it was nice that she won the car.

Freeze fame-When Christopher freeza the price at $4085 dollars there was no doubt in my mind he had loss.

Pass The Buck-Well,$1,000 dollars is too bad I don't think Marylin understood the game

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »
Are those the same sailors from recent?

Range Game: For a Ranger? Hee-Hee!
No laughing matters here, because her whisper number was actually close to the right price and most of us wanted to stop the Rangefinder a little early.

Punch-A-Bunch: I don't care wether Jennifer won the ten grand or not, this was an interesting playing of the game today.

Ten Chances: I thought this game was a breeze, until I had the recall of those numbers for the car. "Is that the same car and the same price that everbody screamed at Joy to get?" It got a little nerve-wracking that Jeannine had to break the 0 rule a little.

Freeze Frame: Back in 1986, yes; but in 2006, no.

One Bid 5: When I left work to watch Price, I had the vision of Michael in my mind. So far I had two instances of people actually knowing the price just a little too soon. Are we LFaTs or what?

Pass the Buck: What made Marylinn want to pass the buck to the Crescent Rolls? If the Cat Chow was that same price in Grand Game yesterday, that would have been a little difficult to win.

If those two guys from Iowa State helped Marylinn in the last One Bid, maybe John should've got some help from them. If he didn't, that's his own fault.

1 Right Price: I never would have thought skiis would cost over $3000. I think I saw a sofa like that costing that much. Another instance where the audience was right instead of the contestant.

I never thought of it until I read the end of the recap: We almost had a stinker on the first week of the season.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline sullim4

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: DISCUSSION - TPiR 09/20/2006
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006, 12:02:15 AM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I can picture it better than I can that dinky little sofa!

Bah.  The minute I heard "Herman Miller" I knew the sofa was overpriced.  These are the same guys that make those $800 Aeron office chairs, so the $3000+ sofa was not out of the question.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2006, 12:03:55 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one, but I found it strange to see Range Game and Freeze Frame in the same show.
John

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2006, 12:10:51 AM »

dm wrote:
I could have sworn I saw former Fremantle employee Mandel Ilagan in the front row. Was that him?

Correct, Dave.
John

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2006, 12:11:00 AM »
Somewhat interesting episode.  As someone else mentioned, I didn't even notice until the recap that it was a 1 for 6.

Range game:  I don't care if all the cool kids are looking at the audience, pick a price and stick with it.

IUFB #3:  A Dell notebook?  You better hope it doesn't explode in contestant's row...  

10 Chances:  Is it just me, or does every time this game shows up nowdays seem like a disaster waiting to happen after last season's debacle?

Freeze Frame:  I would have gotten this wrong too.  On a mainstream cruise line (Carnival, Princess, Royal Caribbean, etc.) $4095 would be a perfectly reasonable price for a cruise for two, even a bit high.

Pass the Buck:  Is it just me, or do people seem to mess up the pricing portion of this a whole lot more than they should?  

Showcases:  I thought for sure this was going to be a double overbid, that $38,250 bid seemed ridiculously high (that must be one heck of an expensive Tahiti trip.)  And remind me never to buy a snowmobile from wherever Price gets theirs...

Also, the people in the "Bob... That's Hot" shirts seem oddly familiar for some reason.  I'm pretty sure I saw those shirts at the taping I attended in January...

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2006, 12:24:36 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Range Game -- 2:11
Punch a Bunch -- 3:14
10 Chances -- 4:08
Freeze Frame -- 1:48
Pass the Buck -- 3:41
1 Right Price -- 1:01

Could someone clear this up for me: What is that Green Light on the Range Game board supposed to do??  Is it to signify that the Rangefinder is in motion??  It used to turn off once the contestant hits the button, but now it's anyone's guess whether or not it turns off.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2006, 07:34:39 AM »
ClockGameJohn wrote:
Maybe I'm the only one, but I found it strange to see Range Game and Freeze Frame in the same show.

Actually, I immediately thought that seeing Freeze Frame.  Just kinda' forgot as the day went on and I made my post, I guess.

Then again, considering Range Game and Side by Side back to back last season when Range Game was supposed to be for a car, maybe Roger just treats the game differently when it's played for a car?

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »
Poor Kalanchi fell victim to listening to the instincts of "so-called know-it-alls".

Punch-a-Bunch lady could've played this any better with or without the "Dudes" :D

Ten Chances started smooth and got crazy but still she got the car and she deserved it if you ask me.

I thought that Cruise was $8000, Shows you what I know.

:-(

Is Mariyn the "BooBoo Cooper" of 2006? She has the voice but still I found her fun and trying to get up CR after her named was cool was very funny. She earned a nice $1,000 and its better than nothing.

That 1 Right Price guy looked like he wasn't happy with the prizes offered. When he lost, I laughed my rear off.

Rachel as "Dr. Phillips" was very unique. If only they actually did spoof "Dr. Phil", We would've seen Rachel with a bald wig and a fake mustache. That would've made good TV.

I only thought the runner-up overdbidded. Kalanchi showed bravery bidding high and winning that nice convertible.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 10:13:51 AM »

edmojautis wrote:
That 1 Right Price guy looked like he wasn't happy with the prizes offered. When he lost, I laughed my rear off.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, Edmo. He didn't look happy at the big wheel, he didn't look happy during the showcases, and when Bob read the ARP of his showcase, he kinda shrugged like he could have cared less.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 12:29:35 PM »
Watching Jeannine play Ten Chances, it looked like it simply didn't occur to her that the car could start with 2 instead of 1, resulting in that bad guess. An understandable enough mistake -- glad she won the car.

Personally, I thought the 1 Right Price didn't go on either of the prizes!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2006, 04:32:57 PM »
Overall, this show was pretty good.

For the most part, Ten Chances was played well. Her only real bad one was the sixth guess.

I thought 1 Right Price was pretty much a tossup.

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2006, 03:11:34 PM »
The word "dudes" was said 10 times this episode:  8 by Bob and only twice by the contestant in Punch-a-Bunch.

That rotating wine cabinet reminded me of that "Magic Fridge" commercial for beer... :-)

The contestant who played Range Game was really believing the fact that the "Rangefinder can't be restarted for another 37 hours!"  :-D  

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »
People have mentioned the potential conflict between Range Game and Freeze Frame.

I actually thought it was weird seeing Punch-a-Bunch and Pass the Buck together - 2 games where you guess things randomly from off a board, both of which involve cash.