Author Topic: CSS Results for June 15  (Read 2629 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for June 15
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »
I had to double check to be sure, because the odds of this happening on consecutive days of play are extremely low. But it's quite official and legitimate.

WE HAVE ANOTHER QSW!!!

This time it's Kev347, his second of the season, (!!!) and with a cash on both showcases, quite a points haul and a good chunk of change. Since people liked the breakdown like this before, I'll do it again.

Today there are five categories of players.

QSW (Kev347)
DSW (x3 - Punchboard91, TPIRSteven, Footix)
People who managed to score regular points (x4)
Overbidders (x24)
Guy who was at the taping (umbchockeypa08)

These trips are getting harder and more random. Also, some of the pricing game setups today were downright cruel. I mean, all the time that we complained about Roger being evil was NO preparation for how things are now. Double Prices with two prices ending in -995? One Away with a 7 at the end? SPs where the higher/lower price is only off by $10? No wonder it's getting so frustrating to watch...

EDIT: Two more opt-outs, and pathfinder20 didn't play today. No idea why I thought he did...

Reminder: If you want to claim the opt-out (aka LFaT bonus), you must ASK for it! It's not just given to you! ;)

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for June 15, 2009 -- Game 173 -- Playoffs III

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:43:32 PM by BuddyTom »
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Re: CSS Results for June 15
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:33:50 PM »
Ok. So...a couple notes about Kev's QSW.

1. I'm pretty convinced that he is now just the second person to ever QSW twice in a season.
2. I'm even more convinced this is the first set of two days we've ever had back to back Q's.

Some history there.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
Well, just no excuse for me not scoring today. I really should have. I did smell some expensive on 2 and just got too aggressive. A painful WSD. Really too bad my overbidding problem has to come back now, in the middle of the playoffs. I had been so good about not going over recently. Many of the recent big ones I survived. But not today.

I'm going to assume this puts me out of contention for the playoffs (I really needed to score in all 10 games, and even then don't think I would have had much of a chance), so I'll just use the rest of the games to practice for next year, when hopefully I'll come back nice and strong.

A big glass of Ginger FAIL is in order for me today, but congrats to Kev on his QSW.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »
I honestly think that if we have more QSW's or DSW's in the playoffs, one person or a few people will be quite the upsets in the competition.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:43 PM »
Myself when I was going to make my bid $19,091 - "$90 ain't gonna make a difference". My best performance ever, and I don't even win. I need better luck.  :P

Congratulations to Kev all the same! Outstanding job! (Also, it is very nice to see all of those Team GRRR players go over.  :P)

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »
I honestly think that if we have more QSW's or DSW's in the playoffs, one person or a few people will be quite the upsets in the competition.

It's interesting actually. We had two people above the line that have Q'ed so far, and neither have the lead. (TPIRSteven has it now thanks to the DSW and him not overing.) So this could be a very interesting playoffs with how the lead seems to have drastically shifted from day to day.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »
(Also, it is very nice to see all of those Team GRRR players go over.  :P)

*AHEM!*

Three things for you to consider:

1.  I was in the audience for today's show, so I didn't even play today.  Thank God I sat there and just walked away.
2.  I called for "The Big One" in chat today, and I'm proud to say that I was right on the nose.  
3.  The playoffs are NOT over yet--it's only Day 3!  The playoffs have just begun my friends--and I know drama!

So this could be a very interesting playoffs with how the lead seems to have drastically shifted from day to day.

Now what happens if I DSW tomorrow?  Things will definitely NOT be the same!  :hammer: :P :hammer:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:00:04 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 03:18:18 PM »
Yay!  I didn't go over!

...granted, I didn't do a whole heck of a lot toward actually *winning*, but two three-digit differences is always pretty good.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
Wow, a lot of close bids/overbids.

Glad I didn't participate today, probably would've gone over.

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 03:35:40 PM »
18309 / 18309

My goodness, a SC that was <15k w/o cash. I used that cash to base my 2 bid, it definitely smelled low, but usually the cash makes it a respectable high-teens one, not a mid. I now understand what Bully was talking about - I assumed when he said that it was on budget mode, that it was the same as it's been all season. But this is super-tight. Maybe Friday's Couple Price has a super-big SC, but that's no excuse for this...

Anyways, these trips have screwed my fake playoffs, lol. Forget keeping track, I'm way out of contention. ;)
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 03:59:40 PM »
I quit.

:headbang:

Congrats Kev for your second DSW of the season...I'm still waiting for the day in the playoffs where I actually don't suck. :D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 04:02:23 PM »
I forgot to do my obligatory NASCAR-style commentary today.  :P

[NASCAR]

M.J.:  What a spectacular day for racing, and Bulldog's enjoying his view from our booth.
G.B.:  I am.  It's a good thing I decided to sit this one out today.
D.W.:  Say Bulldog, want to get some sodas after today's race?
L.M.:  They're on us tonight.
G.B.:  Thanks.  I could use a soda after--WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
D.W.:  WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!

*88JRFAN spins BuddyTom out in turn four, and all hell breaks loose from here!*

M.J.:  CRASH--TURN FOUR!!
D.W.:  Twenty-four cars bite the dust!
L.M.:  The majority of those cars are in the Chase for the C.S.S. Championship as well.
G.B.:  At least I walked away.
M.J.:  Fireball, goldroadfanatic, a host of other cars involved in the Chase:  all torn up!
D.W.:  JokerFan's in the crash.  UniquePerspective's in the crash.
L.M.:  Look out--Stage Player is on her roof!
G.B.:  What a mess!

[/NASCAR]

Today, it's three clips from the first race in 2009 at Talladega (I'm selective about which clips to use; all drivers walked away):

1.  2.  3. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:10:56 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 04:23:31 PM »
Yo, I was there today as well... Big Black Guy in the green plaid shirt.... from our view, to the right of C-Row position #4...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9509/itsmeu.jpg

Oh yeah, todays triple spin-off is SO youtubed...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:29:45 PM by BigJon »
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline pinball777

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »
I've been having a real bad streak yesterday. I think I need a new plan if I have no clue on how to price items.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 04:56:11 PM »
Wow, well I wasn't expecting that! I was talking to people in the TPIR '09 chat room one night over the weekend and said something to the effect of "Well, after overing these first two playings, I basically need to Q to have a shot." I wasn't expecting it to actually happen!

We've seen all the non-trip stuff before except the dinners for a year (dirt cheap, btw, ONE DINNER A MONTH). Some skill was involved in 1 but I totally lucked into 2 - sorry to all the painful overbidders. I probably have a few more overs coming my way this playoffs too and I predict we're in for a few more crazy ups and downs. This spate of QSWs is unbelievable!