Author Topic: CSS Results for June 25  (Read 2381 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for June 25
« on: June 25, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »
You've all heard of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Well, there isn't really any Bad today, we go straight from Good to Ugly. And boy, is it UGLY.

After a few days of mega-loaded trips that exceed expectations by $10K, here we have a fairly nice showcase. Ashley living room (cheap), that mirror TV (not-so-cheap), a modern jukebox thing (who knows) and a trip to Vegas. Oh yes, PLUS $3,000! Five people didn't blow it; it wasn't even $17K. Maybe they forgot to add in the cash? mikebev25 and elonpuckhog managed to DSW on it too, with differences of $34 and $234, respectively.

Then there was the pimped-out Jeep, or more accurately a Jeep that you could then spend a fortune pimping out with the prizes they offered first. Bids were all over the place on this one (I know I haven't priced headrest video screens recently, have you?) Nobody went over, two people did really well (sorry Flerbert419, it doesn't count for you); Frank15 DSWs. Will it be enough to let him pass Stage Player on the final leaderboard? Who knows?!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SH...oh never mind
Results for June 25, 2009 -- Game 181

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: CSS Results for June 25
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »
I wasn't sure on that jukebox, but I now know: very cheap. >_<

Hopefully I can take that very nice diff on 2 and turn it into a big day on triple finale.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »
Good job to the 3 who got double points, as well as the 2 who at least got points.

Had I not added the $3000 to SC1, I would've gotten points. Oh well, hopefully I'm not over tomorrow!

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:44:24 PM »
Then there was the pimped-out Jeep, or more accurately a Jeep that you could then spend a fortune pimping out with the prizes they offered first. Bids were all over the place on this one (I know I haven't priced headrest video screens recently, have you?) Nobody went over...

1...2...3....Three. Three's not 0. :p And I would know because of my WSD on it.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 04:41:27 PM »
What a way to end my season of CSS. With an overbid. Very disappointing.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
And so my CSS season finishes where it started - with an overbid.  Cursed cheap furniture and Vegas trip!  :-(
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 04:59:15 PM »
One word to describe today.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

REMEMBER KIDS, don't type in your bids like so: :headbang:

A $73 :wsd: .   My second in as many days.  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »
...unlike yesterday, my bids were true to the title of the PM I sent to Tom. Guess I jinxed that awfully quickly. :D

:headbang:

Hopefully I won't finish this season as I finished the last one...with an extremely painful overbid (I had a $3 overbid on the S36 finale). :D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 05:24:23 PM »
Yeah, I had it at around $16,000....until they tell me to add $3,000. They should stop doing that.  :P

Thanks for a great season, Tom.

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 05:26:12 PM »
Well, I decided to get a little more aggressive today and it worked. Career-low difference on SC1 with a nice :dsw:. When Drew started saying the ARP, I was like, "****, I went over!" But, luck was on my side today (you know, though, I did almost bid 17,125). And not only that, I survived a big one.

Now, if only I could have done this during the playoffs. But, I'm just really happy with this and I may abstain tomorrow (yes, I know it's probably double values) and have something incredible to end the year with. Talk about going out on a high note.

And, I don't usually break out these, but I'm sorry, I'm just really stoked.....

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

MIKEBEV25 WON CSS BABY!

Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline Pikachu732001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Big Ones anyone? Anyone?
    • Howard Salwasser's Bracket Watch
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os3XfCXG-U4

Complete with commentary:

PL: And here's mikebev25 with the acceleration now as they hit 250 meters to go! Frank15's in his slipstream and GoldenBulldog comes in....and he GOES DOWN!! And the rest of the CSS peloton goes with him!!! Incredible crash here in Pocket ˘hangeville! mikebev25 will beat Frank15 to the line!

PS: What tremendous carnage here, Phil. I can recall a similar crash into Ghent just yesterday and it seems most of the players involved in that crash are in this one too.
2015-16 Big One Tracker: 65(3 PRIMETIME & 2 WIPEOUTS)
2016-17 Big One Tracker: 60
2017-18 Big One Tracker: 11

We need more trailers.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »
:dsw: and a :wsd: in one day.  Le sigh.

But I really can't be too upset about it, since it is my first DSW this entire season.  

Would have been really disappointed if I didn't DSW at all, so it's still a good day.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 06:22:42 PM »
My philosophy this season has been "When in doubt, go low.  A garf is much better than an overbid."  And that's exactly what I've been doing on most of the random stuff lately.  Today was no exception.  SC1 actually was low, so I ended up with a solid difference there.  However, I had absolutely no idea what all of those car accessories would cost, and there's no doubt that they caused some of my garf on SC2.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »
I would have liked to be a part of this but I had to work. Oh well.
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 06:53:34 PM »
I would have liked to be a part of this but I had to work. Oh well.

Dude, what are you complaining about?  YOU WON THE TITLE!!
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard: