Author Topic: Best contestant that you've witnessed?  (Read 7772 times)

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
Best contestant that you've witnessed?
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:22:28 AM »
In response to the thread about the worst contestants you folks have witnessed, I'd like to know some of the best contestants you've witnessed. One such example that sticks out at me is the Check Out playing from July 4th of 2008 when the woman playing Check Out got both her purchase total and her actual total right on the nose.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline NSfarmers

• In the Audience
Re: Best contestant that you've witnessed?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 08:20:22 AM »
I think one of the best ones I think was the lady who played spelling bee perfect. I think it was in 97-98 area not sure. I have seen the clip on Youtube as well.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:21:47 AM »
The "best" contestants to me weren't the ones who were perfect strategists/players:

*Screaming Emma (from 1996)

*Punchboard Bryan ("Audience if you're scared, buy a dog"; also from 1996)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:23:25 AM by PIR85 »

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:05 AM »
I agree with PiR85. My personal bests include Dice Game Edrie, Dice Game Scott, and a certain gentleman in my signature...  ;)
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:36 AM »
For me, that's Adam Rose, who was the first contestant to ever win a million dollars on TPIR (and on Drew's first-ever MDS, too!). Honorable mentions go to his successors, Michael Haynes and Cynthia Azevedo (who won Clock Game in less than 10 seconds).

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »
One contestant that stood out for me was Robert, a minister who appeared in the '85-'86 season. He played Bullseye, and during the game an audience member called out "17 Clorets!" Robert went with 13 Clorets instead and won. I know it's nothing spectacular, he just stood out for me. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »
The best contestant(s) that I've ever witnessed are Pauline who played Check-out on the 4th of July, and kicked butt, and how about the first person ever to play "Stack the Deck"? Those two have to be the best contestants I've ever seen. When I saw what happened on that faithful day when Pauline was playing check-out, the end result was virtually priceless! My jaw dropped as the final price came up! I just couldn't believe that I was able to witness this amazing event in my life, and I am very thankful for that!

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 12:09:25 PM »
Hands down for me has to be Taylor from earlier this year who won a Mustang in Lucky Seven by hitting the last two numbers exactly right, then went on to win another $25,000 on the wheel and, then his showcase for a total of nearly $80,000 on his birthday.
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Online 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »
Another tough choice.

I'd have to say Amy who played Spelling Bee and had CAR, CAR, C, A, and R.

Also Cynthia, on one of Drew's MDSs who won the million in clock game
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline SolairWright

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 02:43:56 PM »
I think I have no other person but to pick Tanya from 3/15/1977's episode. She played 3 Strikes without pulling a single strike or getting a number wrong. This feat has been repeated in the same game a couple times, but it doesn't occur very often at all.
"A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline 95cents

• In the Audience
  • 4/10/2008 TPIR Alumnus (Man on The Left)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »
I would have to say Keith, the kindergarten teacher from Chicago on a show in April of 2008.  His spirit and attitude are the "poster boy" for a great The Price Is Right Contestant.  I remember Keith because it was his birthday, and when he got on stage, he thanked his mother for giving him life.  That was so classy.  He won a bedroom set playing Now or Then and he won the very rare Every Trip in The House Showcase.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 12:37:19 PM »
The Best Contestant that i witnessed is Bridgette from this year season she did a wonderful job on Ten Changes she had a great personally.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 12:46:56 PM »
I would have to say Keith, the kindergarten teacher from Chicago on a show in April of 2008.  His spirit and attitude are the "poster boy" for a great The Price Is Right Contestant.  I remember Keith because it was his birthday, and when he got on stage, he thanked his mother for giving him life.  That was so classy.  He won a bedroom set playing Now or Then and he won the very rare Every Trip in The House Showcase.

Said Keith is actually a member of this site, but he hasn't posted in awhile.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 12:49:03 PM »
I enjoy contestants who sacrifice showcases that have a car for other contestants because they already won a car one example was Denise from Bob's final show. Of course she wound up winning her showcase that also contained a Cadillac convertible.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:27 PM »
Can't remember his name, but it was a contestant from the Barker era (anyone who wants to fill in my blank, go straight ahead..)

He was a young guy just barely 18; quite obviously "family", and either just out of high school, or still a senior. He was EXTREMELY hyper about being a contestant, and wowed ol' Barker with his Price trivia and how he had all the kids at the school watching Price every day during lunch. He got up on stage and played Any Number for a car (a fairly nice Buick I believe) and ended up losing. The audience was sooooo disappointed, because they were all behind him.

I've always wanted to see this pop up on Youtube, but I have never seen it.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!